2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
Add 2 TE and subtract 1 FB with Frank, Osiecki, Vinci, Clax all competing for it.

Is Thomas definitely a DB, not a WR?

pj

Reaction Score
My thought is that we lose Griffin and Delahunt and adding only one TE will still leave us thin. Also, we were talking that they might want to adopt NE Patriots-style multiple TE formations.
I'm sure they recruit fullbacks, if you can get a real talented fullback you can move Clax or Vinci to linebacker, or the one with the best hands to TE. Best available player. But I don't think it's a position they'll reach for this year.

Reaction Score
Just a few opinions from what I've observed on the NJ front. Callinan and Jeune seem very high on BC, Notre Dame and Rutgers respectively. I don't see or hear them talk about UConn as much as those programs. Don't sleep on Allen as a WR. Ran an incredible 4.47 40 at a mini-event last weekend and I believe has garnered new interest as a wr from UCF and Syracuse. The word in So Jersey is Allen will be finishing HS at a prep, possibly Avon Old Farm in Ct. or Fork Union in ACC country. I will follow up on this.

Reaction Score
noel thomas- for argument sake here i will list him as a ath as i try to build a target list. trying to put guys on here that we have offered or are showing heavy interest in and will most likely offer. all of these names also are interested in uconn. i didn't include alot of kids becuase ive seen they are not uconn bound or not interested compared to other offers they have.

OL barone, hopkins, mcdonald, zeff, vaughn, kennedy, fisher
QB boyle, walker
WR jeune, bradley, grant, callinan, barnes, coggins
RB smith, edwards, smallwood
FB walsh, pk kid(name?)
DB mitchell, irvin-sillis,
LB issah, bell, jasudowich, taute, barton
DL ogundeko, montgomery, opara, coward, camara, beckford, hush
ATH thomas, van allen, kelly
TE isaacs, o'neil, allen,

Didn't I read somewhere that the kid Landon Stokes had some interest in taking a visit to us. Would be a solid DL pick up.

Reaction Score
I think were looking for a FB this class. We are in on a kid from pk ny and walsh from madison. several others have been mentioned as well as a mass lb that would be a fb in college(forget name).

thomas is going to be a saftey.

good point we need a TE. 2 tho?

maybe start trying to fill in our target list that we have a good shot at

4-OL barone, hopkins, zeff
1-QB boyle
2-WR callinan, coggins
2-RB smith, edwards
1-FB walsh, pk kid(name?)
3-DB thomas, mitchell
2-LB issah, bell, jasudowich
3-DL ogundeko, montgomery, opara, coward, camara, beckford
2-ATH allen
2-TE

I don't think that's far from what I'd like to see. I'm going to assume that our class this year is going to be another 20+ class. Here is what I'd ideally like to see. Obviously, you make exceptions for getting kids you really want.

4 OL
4 DL
2 RB
1 QB
2 WR
1 TE
2 LB
4 DB
2 ATH

I don't see a need at FB nor do I think we need to bring in 2 TE's. I'd rather see us stockpile more depth on both lines. 5 on each side of the ball would not surprise me. And, as Bobby Bowden would say, you can never have too many ath-a-letes.

Reaction Score
Is Neally C eligible to enroll in 13? If so, would he count as 12 or 13?

Reaction Score
noel thomas- for argument sake here i will list him as a ath as i try to build a target list. trying to put guys on here that we have offered or are showing heavy interest in and will most likely offer. all of these names also are interested in uconn. i didn't include alot of kids becuase ive seen they are not uconn bound or not interested compared to other offers they have.

OL barone, hopkins, mcdonald, zeff, vaughn, kennedy, fisher
QB boyle, walker
WR jeune, bradley, grant, callinan, barnes, coggins
RB smith, edwards, smallwood
FB walsh, pk kid(name?)
DB mitchell, irvin-sillis,
LB issah, bell, jasudowich, taute, barton
DL ogundeko, montgomery, opara, coward, camara, beckford, hush
ATH thomas, van allen, kelly
TE isaacs, o'neil, allen,

Dan, curious how you determined interest either from UCONN or from the recruit. Has UCONN reached out to most of these kids either in person or otherwise?

Reaction Score
most of the kids above have offer from uconn and have in either articles, on twitter or known thru sources are interested back(legit interest). some of these kids on here without offers have visited(campus, spring game etc) and have gotten visited(by staff at school or at home etc). i find all the info i can to give u guys. social media has changed the game of recruiting.

Thanks I was just wondering because some of those listed I didn't realize were actually targeted rather than just prospects. Did you list them in order of priority?

Reaction Score
An extremely reliable source confirms UConn coach visited Washington Township HS in So Jersey as well as Roman Catholic in Philly. Not sure if you guys know about Will Fuller in Philly, but this is a future star! Allen is at Wash Township. If your receiving core is Allen , Fuller and Dhameer Bradley OMG!! Hope you find the right QB to feed those monsters!The Big East would be in trouble. I don't need any website to tell me about those 3. Seen'em up close and personal recently at several events. Awesome job by the UConn coach!

Reaction Score
I believe Fuller is now 6"3 bout 180. I watched him take over the MD high 7 on 7. Bradley from Md was also at event and is pure speed and great hands. Allen is a clone of Kellen Winslow Jr (body type) but jumps out of the building. should be playing hoops.

Reaction Score
-mackay lowrie(mass kid) just commited to bcu. #wow.

-anzalone is on the market again. maybe psu is the fav now...

Lowrie? as an athlete? Didnt think he was that highly regarded as a Qb.

Reaction Score
Dan, have you heard anything about what Augustus Edwards is feeling? I know he has a UConn and Syracuse offer, but other schools seem to be jumping in knowing that NY duo would be a package deal. I'm sure P is keeping in touch, but as both get more overlapping offers, anything can happen.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

STD

Reaction Score
Havent heard much about Boeing Brown, do we still have a shot at landing him or did he commit somewhere else. I remembering hearing we were real hot on this kid, and from what i have read he is the real deal! Hope he still wants to come here.

Reaction Score
Havent heard much about Boeing Brown, do we still have a shot at landing him or did he commit somewhere else. I remembering hearing we were real hot on this kid, and from what i have read he is the real deal! Hope he still wants to come here.
As far as I know, Brown has no offers. Nobody really knows how good, or not good, this kid really is.

Reaction Score

Tim Boyle is from Middletown and is higher on UConn's board. Brown doesn't have any offers yet, but once the star QB's start committing(usually during camp season), he should get some offers.

Reaction Score
It looks like the inevitable is happening and the recruitment for LaRay Smith is heating up. Tennessee offered, Oregon looks like it will.

He runs with a level of reckless abandon that is refreshing. 100%, violent, explosive, and he's got the size to grow into 6'1, 190-200 lbs.

Would be a huge coup, he's my favorite running back that I've seen in this cycle.

pj

Reaction Score
25 offers for Jay Woods including top schools & nearby Georgia / GTech / FSU. Won't be easy to get him. Would love to see us pull it off.

Reaction Score
Stephon Brown @WhoCanStop_20
S/o to my boy Jay Woods DT Jackson, Ga. for pickin up offers from UConn-&-USF today. Keep #Grindin nephew!

also i hope the staff offer Dubois Ross. i like him as a cb and return guy.

You're telling us you have a boy who is your significant other? Too much information.

Reaction Score
Does anyone know anything about Cory Jasudowich? It seems like he's not talked about a lot on this board even though he's an in-state kid.

Reaction Score
From a recent Scout article on Laray Smith:

Smith has been to a pair of more local schools - Rutgers and Connecticut - thus far on unofficial visits. On his visits to Storrs, Smith made a connection with a coach that has turned out to be his most consistent relationship over all others recruiting him at this point.
“One coach I talked to a lot is from UConn – Coach (Jon) Wholley,” he said. “UConn is recruiting me the hardest. He’s a real good guy, I talk to him a lot, I feel like he’s like a friend now. We talk daily…often.”

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
From a recent Scout article on Laray Smith:

Smith has been to a pair of more local schools - Rutgers and Connecticut - thus far on unofficial visits. On his visits to Storrs, Smith made a connection with a coach that has turned out to be his most consistent relationship over all others recruiting him at this point.
“One coach I talked to a lot is from UConn – Coach (Jon) Wholley,” he said. “UConn is recruiting me the hardest. He’s a real good guy, I talk to him a lot, I feel like he’s like a friend now. We talk daily…often.”

He is the top back in my opinion and my hope is UConn lands him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom