2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rivals also did a story on Laray recently as well. He talked about how he feels the UConn coaches care alot about him and that they are recruiting him very hard. He said he wants to get stronger for pass blocking and also wants to work on his route running to be a bigger threat.

pj

Reaction Score
Stone Mountain Stephenson is David Stevenson's old school. Hopefully they're friends.

Reaction Score
Rivals did a story on 2013 WR Malique Belfort from the same school as Augustus Edwards. He said on his visit to UConn he got to throw the ball around with Cochran and that Casey taught him a few things to be a better wr. He's 6'3 165 lbs so hopefully he can put on some weight. We haven't offered him but we have increased our contact with him. His only offers at this point are Temple and the beagles.

Reaction Score
looks like we sent out about 10 offers in the last week. were up to about 90 now total it seems.

we offered a texas qb who looks huge from a pic but i don't have a name. we also offered davin bellamy from ga.

Joey Knight@JoeyHomeTeam
#UConn also has offered @VincentMJackson& Travis Johnson, Harrell says.

Expand Collapse
2h Joey Knight@JoeyHomeTeam
#Jesuit OL Cameron Ruff has been offered by #UConn, Coach James Harrell reports.

QB's Name is Richard Lagow- Plano, Texas.........6'6 218lbs. Needs some weight but certainly has enough height.

Reaction Score
Well deserved in Boyle's case. Don't blame me I tried to play him down but would still love to see him end up a Husky. Just really impressed me in the one playoff game I saw. No guarantees anywhere but I think he has a great shot at being successful and a real favorite at the Rent.

Reaction Score
I read Oregon is considering extending an offer to Boyle as well. As for Brown, I read he recently visited Wisconsin, and as usual, he said he would love to play there. He seems to say that about every school he visits, yet still holds no offers.

Reaction Score
UConn just offered DE Stacy Thomas from Gulliver Prep in Miami. He's a 6'1 227 lb 4 star with many schools like UF, FSU, LSU, Notre dame and Wisconsin have already offered.

We have also offered WR Corey Cooper from Raleigh, NC. He's 5'11 191 lb 3 star player. He has offers from UNC, NC State, OK State, Pitt, USCe, Tenn and W. Va.

The heights and weights are from rivals.

Reaction Score
Here's video on Cooper

Also we have offered Carrollton, TX RB Dezmond Wortham. He's a 3 star 5'11 200 lb runs a 4.4. Offers from CSU, Houston, Kentucky, SDSU, and Wake.

Reaction Score
UConn just offered DE Stacy Thomas from Gulliver Prep in Miami. He's a 6'1 227 lb 4 star with many schools like UF, FSU, LSU, Notre dame and Wisconsin have already offered.

We have also offered WR Corey Cooper from Raleigh, NC. He's 5'11 191 lb 3 star player. He has offers from UNC, NC State, OK State, Pitt, USCe, Tenn and W. Va.

The heights and weights are from rivals.

Stacy Thomas reminds me of Trevardo Williams.. undersized at DE with a ton of speed to get into the opposing team's offensive backfield...

Reaction Score
We have offered Xavier Griffin 5'11 170 lb WR from Immokalee, FL. He's not rated by Rivals or 247. It appears we are the only ones to offer so far.

Reaction Score
Per ToS, we offered him as a DB

We have offered Xavier Griffin 5'11 170 lb WR from Immokalee, FL. He's not rated by Rivals or 247. It appears we are the only ones to offer so far.

Reaction Score
I'm also not convinced that Barone is solid as a verbal.

It's getting too hard to read this board often, as it leaves one wanting to open a vein. The shky is falling, we are doomed, we have no conference, no future, no one wants to play here. UGH

Here is an excerpt from an article about Barone a few weeks ago

"I loved UConn," said Barone. "The visit far exceeded my expectations and I am fully committed to UConn. I was impressed with the facilities and how nice the campus was. It was amazing."

The extra interaction with the coaching staff was definitely a highlight for Barone. "They were unbelievable," said Barone. "They really loved me. They are great people and will definitely turn me into a great football player and a respectful young man. It's nice because they said I have a shot of playing early. Just hearing that makes me want to work ten times harder."

Sounds like he is wavering!:rolleyes:

pj

Reaction Score
I agree about the excessive negativity. It's idiotic. Why shouldn't UConn be a destination school for football, one that top recruits are excited about?

Reaction Score
He is listing his offers on twitter. Generally speaking, fully committed kids don't do that. He visited Pitt even after committing here.

If Pitt offers he would take a long look.

Reaction Score
got any info? i know he has a ton of offer but we were one of the early ones. the last time i read about him he had uconn and wvu high on his list. since then hes landed some big time offers tho. he did say he liked the idea of playing with a couple of his friends, i think we have offered his whole hs team lol.

Rogers trimmed his list, we made the cut! Here's the lsit in no particular order, Auburn, Ole Miss, UCLA, Ohio State, West Virginia and UConn.

Reaction Score
Rogers trimmed his list, we made the cut! Here's the lsit in no particular order, Auburn, Ole Miss, UCLA, Ohio State, West Virginia and UConn.

This definitely helps us with the other Elkton, MD recruits we offered

Reaction Score
-Boyle is visiting Florida this weekend. If he really likes it, he may want to commit on the visit, because Florida is likely only taking one quarterback in this class.
-Ogundeko said that Coach Wholley has "stood out" to him so far in terms of coaches.

Reaction Score
-Boyle is visiting Florida this weekend. If he really likes it, he may want to commit on the visit, because Florida is likely only taking one quarterback in this class.
-Ogundeko said that Coach Wholley has "stood out" to him so far in terms of coaches.

I don't think we have a shot at Boyle, he seems like he's SEC bound. As long as Ogun is considering committing with RB Edwards, we have a shot.

Reaction Score
we have offered Asiantii Woulard. winter park fl, other offers from programs our level but no huge offers yet for him. could be a name to watch. seems that we are hitting fl real hard the past 2 weeks, atleast 1 of our coaches must be down there on a long road trip. last year considering how late to the game we were, we ended up doing well in fl. hopefully that continues this year. we also are putting a nice effort on texas and hopefully it pays off, tho to be honest i havn't seen anything that make me say a recruit with a uconn offer down there is favoring us at this point.

-john are you on the inside here or just speculating? hope he rooms with jordan reed and asks him how it feels to be going from qb to te. for new england kids, florida is attractive and u can't balme kids for going, but the past 5 years at best florida is batting .300 with kids actually doing something. aaron is the great example but there are several not so great ones. i really want boyle for this class as you guys know...

-good to hear about ogun, we are going to be in the running for him. i know i told u guys about psu earlier in this thread but i read nd has also now offered. he has a crazy list, truly special for a nyc kid.

From a Rivals article:

Regardless of whether Buchanan pulls the trigger on a commitment or not, the Gators will be welcoming a second quarterback to campus this weekend.

"I am comfortable saying Florida is number one on my list right now," said Boyle. "Honestly I love Florida there's nothing really I don't dislike about it. If I feel comfortable there, I will still need to have conversations with the coaches, I don't think their done recruiting quarterbacks I know they will want to see some camps, so I it has to be mutual. If I go down and it stinks then that will change my whole perspective, but I don't think that will happen."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom