2013 Recruiting Thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

2013 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dorian Miller - 4 star on Scout and ESPN and 3 star on Rivals

Says that we will be one of his official visits along with Rutgers, South Carolina, Tenn and Pitt and he loves DeLeone

Also, Noel Thomas talked to Bob Litcheadfjsdfels and stated that he is out actively recruiting guys to UConn, including Boyle and a 2014 LB Matt Morin

Sweet deal. I love to hear that.

Reaction Score
todays news:
-laray smith got a offer from indiana. now has that + uconn, cuse, wm, buff
-rb corey clement got a uconn offer
-st joes - montvalle nj wr ricky jeune got a uconn offer
-jaryd jones smith of west catholic will be going to a uconn camp this summer
-john appice visited recently and perkins is visiting him at school soon. he will also camp this summer at uconn. per rivals.
Corey Clement is a classy kid and along with Zaire Williams are the best backs in NJ. Good to see UConn step up there. Clement is best friends with Anthony Averett so I'll keep a close eye on how this impacts where Clement goes.

Reaction Score
“I realized it today - I already knew I was graduating early – but colleges start their semester in January so I have to make my decision in December.”

That was a quote from him in a scout.com article....a little weird that he JUST realized that colleges start their semesters in Jan but I think that may answer your question

Reaction Score
Attended the Rutgers Spring game and saw an impressive group of familiar faces among the 2013 recruits. Obvious that size is the #1 focus. Most of the kids were huge compared to the Temple spring game recruits that I noticed.

Reaction Score
Scout just ran an article saying that RB Augustus Edwards and Ogundeko are going to be a package deal and pick the same school....

Even then, the pair admits that the discussion often begins with the schools closest by, particularly SU and UConn.

“It always begins with those two schools, because both of those schools are basically fighting for me and him,” said Oguneko. “They know if they get one of us, they’re going to get the other.”

COME ON P.....GET IT DONE!!!

Reaction Score
Ogundeko seems like the type of kid who can be pretty easily persuaded in recruiting and he kind of seems to be a prisoner of the moment type guy, a lot like many other 17 year old kids.

When Syracuse goes 3-9 next year, I doubt he'll be signing with them.

Reaction Score
Makes me think Ogundeko is the most highly sought after prospect UConn has ever been in the discussion with. (and at one point got a commitment from). WHo knows what will happen. I am expecting nothing and hoping for the best.

Reaction Score
Looks like we may have a commit from Tommy Hopkins from NY. His rivals profile is updated as committed today (5/1). Nice pick-up, just performed well in a recent invite event.

Reaction Score
Looks like we may have a commit from Tommy Hopkins from NY. His rivals profile is updated as committed today (5/1). Nice pick-up, just performed well in a recent invite event.

Good news indeed. Not yet rated by Rivals, but Farrell refers to him as a surefire three star in announcing the commitment.

Reaction Score
Hopkins said the Eagles have asked him to camp again this summer. When asked where the Eagles rate on his list Hopkins played it close to the vest.

"I like them," he said. "They're not the favorite but they're up there. I really like UConn and Syracuse, those two schools, but I like Boston College, too."

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
http://espn.go.com/high-school/football/video/clip?id=7874033

Ogundeko talks about camps and the upcoming season and lists off a huge number of offers. Says his top 5 is Bama, Cuse, Uconn, Florida, and ASU. This would be hell of a recruiting win to pull this off

i still don't understand ASU. but i keep hearing them in the top 5. if laray and gus both go non local then ogun is going to pick between fl and bama. if one or both of those guys go cuse or uconn, then ogun will go to cuse or uconn. thats my guess at this point.

Reaction Score
i still don't understand ASU. but i keep hearing them in the top 5. if laray and gus both go non local then ogun is going to pick between fl and bama. if one or both of those guys go cuse or uconn, then ogun will go to cuse or uconn. thats my guess at this point.

Why in the world would a kid let 2 other kids decide his college choice? Makes no sense.

Reaction Score
Remember seeing him at one of our later games last year probably after his season ended along with a large number of other recruits, he was the biggest of the group. He is listed at 6-6, 280 lbs. good size . UConn seems to have a couple of good OL as verbal commits.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
todays notes (will edit it as i find stuff):

-Saban visited Augustus Edwards (i refer to him as gus here for no reason really) after ogun yesterday. saw this on the cuse board and hot dam they have a recruit forum now. bama doesn't need anymore rb's for this class or ath's. interesting stuff...come on PP
-ogun visiting nd and bama this summer, told a nd writer that after dc'ing from uconn after jr day they are still high on his list.
-camara will camp at cuse this summer.
-DT Hunter Knighton from hun school is someone we have shown interest in, he got a offer from USCe. I was hoping our new connect there would be of influence.
-

Reaction Score
Folorunso Fatukasi Dont know if this kid is in the thread but I just read a Rivals article where he says we've told him we will offer. He has an impressive build. The competition in his video doesn't look all that impressive, on one play the the oline parts like the red sea for him.

He is a DTackle by the way.

Reaction Score
Folorunso Fatukasi Dont know if this kid is in the thread but I just read a Rivals article where he says we've told him we will offer. He has an impressive build. The competition in his video doesn't look all that impressive, on one play the the oline parts like the red sea for him.

He is a DTackle by the way.

Great looking prospect right there. Relentless motor. Hits with authority, driving the ball carrier into the ground. I like what I saw in that clip. Big kid, pretty agile and athletic for his size. Good quickness off the snap. Get him to storrs!

Reaction Score
Great looking prospect right there. Relentless motor. Hits with authority, driving the ball carrier into the ground. I like what I saw in that clip. Big kid, pretty agile and athletic for his size. Good quickness off the snap. Get him to storrs!

He only played in two games his jr year due to a knee injury. Maybe the reason he is under the radar. Also I think he is from far rockaway. P and the staff seems to be hitting that NYC area hard, I like it.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
going back to the spring game for a sec, Hunter Taute was in attendance. hes a good looking prospect out of MA. I think he has a umass offer. anyway post being at the uconn spring game he said "i think i have a new #1". he also said during the game that he loved the atmosphere and band there. about a month ago there was a report that bcu was his #1. great job PP and staff, now lets lock him up at camp! NYC & NE is UConn Country!

Reaction Score
DB's, OL, DL..........need the majority of this class to fill those spots. Also hope to see 2 RB's in this class.
Agreed... and, IMO, jury still out on QB... so that should be considered a position to recruit as well.. and not a walk on...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom