17U trials in Colorado | Page 4 | The Boneyard

17U trials in Colorado

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Here's LB Insider Steve Reynolds on some of the players who caught his eye the most:

2019 Haley Jones 6’1” G Archbishop Mitty CA

No one had more of an impact on both ends of the court than Haley Jones. Defensively, she was so disruptive in so many ways. She got deflections on denying post entry. She got steals darting in passing lanes on the wing. She gave primary ball handlers fits when they tried to start their offense. Jones’ defensive versatility was eye-opening indeed. Offensively, she got to the basket and finished well. I was most impressed with the height that she gets on her mid-range pull-up. I’m sure Jones set out to prove she belongs and she did. (Round of 70)

2020 Cameron Brink 6’4” F Southridge HS OR

Cameron is sleight of a frame, but she’s a fighter. She guarded much bigger and stronger players all day, but Cameron had a secret weapon: her conditioning. Brink outran whoever guided her all day, securing easy layup opportunities on the break. She has great length, and she used that length to make it difficult for the opposing team to get clean shots. Also impressive was the different angle from which she could score including a nice looking inside shoulder right-hand reverse layup she could use in transition or traffic in the half court. She’s very skilled, and those skills were on display for America to see. (Round of 70)

2019 Jordan Horston 6’0” G Columbus Africentric Early College OH

Horston is a household name, and she showed us why over the course of the last few days. She phenomenal in the open court. Sneaky fast in her long and lanky frame with excellent court vision. If you are her teammate and she gets a rebound or outlet pass. RUN! It was apparent she loved to make the pass in transition that led to a layup. Horston was really good on defense and even able to cover some mistakes by staying in plays and getting impossible looking blocks from behind. She probably has the best second jump in the building as well as she was able to contend for rebounds and put back her on missed shots with quick hops off the floor. Horston is smooth and well on her way to battling for a spot when it’s all said and done. (Round of 70)

LBI Event Recap: USA Trials Day 3 In Colorado Springs

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A detailed piece on Paige Bueckers from Chris Hansen of Prospects Nation:

A year later, everyone is better than they were at the last trials. And Paige is no exception. One scout watching her play this morning called her “Pistol Paige”, a reference to Pistol Pete Maravich and his flare for making plays.

“Oh, I think I’ve gotten stronger,” she said. “People may not see it but I definitely feel it. I try to play through a lot more contact now. Usually I just scored at the basket or behind the 3-point line and so I’ve tried to improve my mid-range game as well.”

She showed that in her team’s first 5-on-5 game Friday night, getting into the heart of the defense and raising up for a couple of 15 footers. Saturday she was throwing no-look passes and making plays defensively. She’s becoming a complete player.

Paige Turning To Next Chapter | Prospects Nation

And Carl Adamec has another article about a UConn target at the trials, Aliyah Boston:

Boston to visit UConn, but home is where her heart is

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Nearly half of Mark Lewis' profiles from Day 3 are UConn targets:

Aliyah Boston – 2019 – 6-4 – Post – Worcester, Massachusetts – Returnee– 2017 FIBA Americas MVP…Challenging match up for any other big in Colorado Springs…Understands positioning and holds her ground…Wants the ball down low…Has shown some solid high – low passing skills…Runs the floor well for size…No reservations about using physicality…Moves opponents off the block…Impact presence both offensively and defensively

Cameron Brink – 2020 – 6-4 – Forward/Post – Beaverton, Oregon – Invitee– Highly regarded…Continues to evolve…Skill set is deeper and more refined…Playing with confidence…Gets out and runs the floor…Agility is an asset on both ends of the…Has shown range from the perimeter…Catches and reads both down low and at the elbows…Passes out of the post with good choices…Strength is a work in process

Paige Bueckers – 2020 – 5-11 – Guard – St. Louis Park, Minnesota – Returnee– Easily most impressive effort thus far…Plays with natural instincts and an enthusiasm that’s hard to find…Skills are sharp and efficient…Plays with an active and attacking approach in both full and halfcourt scenarios…Makes plays both with and without the ball in her hands…Vision and passing skills are a weapon off penetration and the break…Quick hands and feet on defense

Caitlin Clark – 2020 – 5-11 – Combo – West Des Moines, Iowa – Returnee– Has had up and downs…Tools and instincts are sharp and advanced…Struggling to find her shot at times…Reads defenders and makes solid decisions…Patient and measured in her attack…More physical than first impression…Anticipates on the defensive end…Can make critical plays

Jordan Horston – 2019 – 6-0 – Combo – Columbus, Ohio – Returnee– Continues her strong spring…Size and skills set her apart from the crowd…Looking to push the ball but is getting into sets with good decisions…Mixing up her speed and exploiting her height…Smooth in traffic…Elevates on the floater and pull up…Willing to give it up but passing up her own looks at times…Length is serving her well defensively…Getting touches

Haley Jones – 2019 – 6-1 – Wing – Santa Cruz, California – Invitee– Picked up the pace each session…Dominated at one stretch…Creates both shots and passes off the dribble…Pull up has been dropping for her…Playing with an advanced awareness…Hesitation and crossover have made her a challenge to contain…Draws defenders and delivers sharp interior passes

Hailey Van Lith – 2020 – 5-8 – Point Guard – Wenatchee, Washington – Invitee– Dynamic point…Strong ball skills allow her to develop and improve options for her and teammates…Attacking mentality has served her well…Pushes at make, miss and turnover…Left hander…Lower body strength gives her leverage off the drive and on the defensive end…Crossover is low and quick…Form and stroke force tight close outs from opponents…Works on defense but needs to contain

USA Basketball U17 Trials - Day Three - Bluestar Media

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
Down to 45 from 70.

Notable cuts include from comparing the two lists:

Brooke Demetre
Sasha Goforth
Maddie Burke
Keegan Sullivan
Ramani Parker
Kylie Feuerbach
Jakia Browne-Turner
Madeline Westbeld

LINK

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Very few pro players could thread this pass like Bueckers does:

Reaction Score

I know you know Miles and Darius have both been on the radar since early last season............NJ really moving up with great back court talent although UConn has not shown much love...........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I know you know Miles and Darius have both been on the radar since early last season..NJ really moving up with great back court talent although UConn has not shown much love......

UConn watched Miles at Boo Williams last month:

2018 Nike Girls EYBL Tournament starts Fri

Of the 45 players remaining, all 17 with possible or confirmed UConn recruiting interest are around.

Bueckers, Jones, Griffin, Clark, Marshall, Miles, Boston, Van Lith, Horston, Eaton, Brink, DeBerry, Ducharme, Fudd, Gusters, Osborne, and Watson.

Reaction Score

Of the 45 players remaining, all 17 with possible or confirmed UConn recruiting interest are around.

Bueckers, Jones, Griffin, Clark, Marshall, Miles, Boston, Van Lith, Horston, Eaton, Brink, DeBerry, Ducharme, Fudd, Gusters, Osborne, and Watson.

I've been out of action for a bit............can't place Eaton............also I think it's possible UConn could have interest in Miles' running mate Dominique Darius.............she's no slouch...........

Reaction Score

I hadn’t heard anything about UCONN and Eaton, can you confirm this?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Lady Baller Insider Steve Reynolds put together his team after attending the trials:

His first five include:

2019 Haley Jones 6’1” F CA - The Glove (Defense)
I would choose Haley because she can guard multiple positions effectively because how her drive, frame, and length. She gives taller, bigger 4s fits, and she has the footwork and range to hassle quicker, smaller guards. Most importantly, she is outstanding rebounding from the perimeter. At the end of the day, you have to stop people, and Haley is a stopper!

2019 Aliyah Boston 6’4” F MA - The Anchor
Boston has the uncanny ability to block shots and alter shots of even elite athletes. With a lot of bigs her size, you get one or the other, or these attributes come with the propensity to foul. Boston doesn’t do that. She is an anchor in the paint. Boston has commanded the paint all week with her size and length. Her soft hands and ability to finish around the rim are icing on the cake.

2020 Paige Bueckers 5’11” G MN - The Glue
Paige’s energy is infectious, and she can do and is willing to do anything you ask of her. She can run your team, run the floor, or run you out of the gym with her motor. She has scored at all three levels and can make it tough defensively for anyone out on the wing. Paige is unselfish but knows when to turn it on. When considering the CORE Values the Trials Committee shared with us earlier in the week, I think of Paige Bueckers

2021 Azzi Fudd 5’11” G VA - The Professional
Azzi Fudd carries herself like a professional. Always early to the gym…always business-like in her approach…always working for her teams best-shot …that’s the kind of kid I want to travel all over the world with. Not to mention, she gets it done at both ends of the court. Scores on all three levels and has the I.Q. of a great coach. Fudd is a must have for Team USA.

LBI Reynolds Wrap Up: 2018 USA Trials In Colorado Springs Part 1

His last 7 include:

2019 Jordan Horston 6’0” G OH - The Anomaly
There are no other players with Horston's combination of raw ability, skill, and length. She’s almost impossible to guard in the open court. Horston can finish over the top of you or set you up with a Ticha Penicheiro like no-look pass. She was arguably the quickest second jumper (see Rickea Jackson) in the gym. She’s adept at making up for her defensive mistakes by using her athleticism and length to get blocks on plays that seem otherwise impossible. Also, important is the fact that she walks and moves on and off the court like she believes she belongs. Her demeanor oozes with confidence and its that confidence that she brings into every session.

2020 Kylee Watson 6’4” C NJ - The Wall
I mean this in the best and sweetest way possible…Kylee Watson is nasty! She is tough and physical. The kind of kid I’m ok with sending my kid with to a place like, say, Minsk, Belarus because Kylee seems like the kind of girl that’s got your back. She sets great screens and is a problem in the pick and roll game. She has an intimidating presence about her that’s needed at the international level. I believe she’s the best option to back up Aliyah Boston without losing toughness in the paint.

LBI Reynolds Wrap Up: USA Trials Day 4 In Colorado Springs

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom