17U trials in Colorado | Page 5 | The Boneyard

17U trials in Colorado

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Paige Bueckers pushes on the fastbreak and finds Aubrey Griffin with the lefty pass for a layup. At the end Haley Jones swoops in for a layup on the break.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Adamec is on fire. Carl with a piece on Cameron Brink plus some Paige Bueckers thrown in for good measure. Chris Dailey once recruited Brink's mother while at Rutgers.

With 18 months to go before she can sign a letter of intent, the recruiting process is on the back burner. She has taken a number of unofficial visits, including a journey east to UConn and South Carolina last November.

"I like watching practices to see what they're like and how the players communicate with each other," Brink said. "I like seeing the campus.

"But it's still so early that I'm not going to worry about it. I'm focused on becoming a better player."

Top 2020 recruit Brink's recruitment a family affair for UConn

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Down to 45 from 70.

Notable cuts include from comparing the two lists:

Brooke Demetre
Sasha Goforth
Maddie Burke
Keegan Sullivan
Ramani Parker
Kylie Feuerbach
Jakia Browne-Turner
Madeline Westbeld

LINK

Thanks for the comparison. A few thoughts:
- If memory serves, Ramani Parker stopped playing high school ball after committing to Louisville to train to get ready for AAU ball and the trials.
- Had read a few updates that Maddie Burke was stroking it well, but other guards must be doing that...and more.
- Sasha Goforth looks to be one of the highest-rated Hoopgurlz players (#8) cut. As mentioned, tough, tough competition can force rankings to take a seat at the door (or one had a bad day!).

Reaction Score
Thanks for the comparison. A few thoughts:
- If memory serves, Ramani Parker stopped playing high school ball after committing to Louisville to train to get ready for AAU ball and the trials.
- Had read a few updates that Maddie Burke was stroking it well, but other guards must be doing that...and more.
- Sasha Goforth looks to be one of the highest-rated Hoopgurlz players (#8) cut. As mentioned, tough, tough competition can force rankings to take a seat at the door (or one had a bad day!).

Getting cut can sometimes be a really good thing if it motivates the player to work harder..............we've seen plenty of great recruits say that it really forced them to confront the weaknesses in their games that they simply didn't want to see.........

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
18 finalists named - 9 UConn targets minimum

Boston, Brink, Jones, Bueckers, Fudd, Van Lith, Griffin, Horston, Gusters

Plus

Brunelle, Baldwin, Osborne, Belibi, Campbell, Cooke, Jackson, Reese, Taylor

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark has to be the biggest name omission. Course, plenty of good players were going to be left out. If they consider Horston and Fudd guards then they have five elite ones including Bueckers, Van Lith, and Cooke. Horston and Fudd could both play wing but Brunelle's there and there seems to be no way they were going to leave her off the roster.

Based on last year, Van Lith probably beat out Clark for that spot.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Caitlin Clark has to be the biggest name omission. Course, plenty of good players were going to be left out. If they consider Horston and Fudd guards then they have five elite ones including Bueckers, Van Lith, and Cooke. Horston and Fudd could both play wing but Brunelle's there and there seems to be no way they were going to leave her off the roster. Based on last year, Van Lith probably beat out Clark for that spot.
Diamond Oliver, Jordyn Oliver, Kylee Watson were also on the team last year and did not make the down select to 18 this year.
Most surprising names among the remaining are Baldwin, Griffin and Osborne-all three have some level of interest in UCONN.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
A few other players who were probably last ones out:

Sydney Parrish who apparently made a big push late.

Ashten Prechtel who impressed many observers.

Sarah Andrews who also got caught up in the great glut of guards. Andrews will be a contender for the top 2020 player ranking.

There were four 2022's in the final 45 including PG Camille Jackson who likely has the early lead for #1 prospect.

Also forgot, Kylee Watson missed the final cut. Not shocking to me since her star maybe has dimmed just a tad, but she's the other big name to miss out along with Clark.

Blue Star lists the finalists in photo form:

2018 USA Basketball U17 National Team Finalists - Bluestar Media

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Diamond Oliver, Jordyn Oliver, Kylee Watson were also on the team last year and did not make the down select to 18 this year.
Most surprising names among the remaining are Baldwin, Griffin and Osborne-all three have some level of interest in UCONN.

Forgot about Miller and Oliver too. Probably could've made 2-3 good teams with the last 45 players.

River Baldwin's going to Florida State.

Here's Mike Flynn's take prior to the final 18 being named. He seemed to expect Clark's absence, and he loves Amari DeBerry...

The gem of this trial though is 6-5 DeBerry (2021) who’s length and shooting touch has many projecting her into the USAB pipeline for years to come.

Depth and Disappointment - Bluestar Media

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Good points. The other name that caught my attention was Alli Campbell who has done a very good -- somewhat unexpected job -- of reaching the Final 18.
She joined the Philly Belles this spring, but outlasted her teammates Watson and Burke.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I would rank the remaining 18 players this way by position with the ones in red not making the team.
P: Boston, Gusters, Baldwin
PF: Brink, Jackson
SF: Jones, Brunelle, Belibi, Reese
SG: Horston, Fudd, Taylor, Campbell, Griffin
PG: Bueckers, Van Lith, Cooke, Osborne

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I would rank the remaining 18 players this way by position with the ones in red not making the team.

If your list comes to fruition we'll have almost the entire UConn priority recruiting list the next two years playing save for Amihere.

Reaction Score
Despite the naysayers, I guess Aubrey Griffin really does know how to play basketball............shocked that Caitlin Clark didn't make this team based on how well she played internationally the last time......

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Coco: I'm interested in your thinking on the SG/PG choices. Agree with your first two choices to make the team in both categories. Did you choose just two shooting guards, figuring Bueckers could also slide over to SG if need be? Or that Cooke just adds more value than Taylor?

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
I've read a ton of good things about Angel Reese. Do you care to elaborate why you chose Belibi over her? Her star seems to be rising a lot the past 6 months.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Coco: I'm interested in your thinking on the SG/PG choices. Agree with your first two choices to make the team in both categories. Did you choose just two shooting guards, figuring Bueckers could also slide over to SG if need be? Or that Cooke just adds more value than Taylor?
I just thought that Cooke is better at creating her own shot and better in an up tempo kind of game. Jones can play SG and Horston can slide to the point also.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I've read a ton of good things about Angel Reese. Do you care to elaborate why you chose Belibi over her? Her star seems to be rising a lot the past 6 months.
Mainly because Belibi was on the team last year and has the type of athleticism that cannot be matched. Reese's stock is rising she has time, last I read she was fighting herself trying to decide which hand was going to be her primary shooting hand.

Reaction Score
Mainly because Belibi was on the team last year and has the type of athleticism that cannot be matched. Reese's stock is rising she has time, last I read she was fighting herself trying to decide which hand was going to be her primary shooting hand.

IMO Reese is far better then Belibi. Although she has outstanding athleticism, Belibi just doesn’t have the skill set as Reese. She struggled in the past shooting wise but seems she prefers her left over the right.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom