Shonn Miller (Cornell Transfer) Met With UCONN | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller (Cornell Transfer) Met With UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Ollie seems like the perfect coach for a 5th year transfer. In 15 pro seasons he played for 15 different teams (some teams more than once). If anyone knows how to mesh and find a roll on an established team, KO does. The wisdom learned from those experiences is invaluable to a kid looking for a new home. I am sure he goes out of his way to make the transfers feel welcome and appreciated. Kind of a paternal settling factor. He can also most likely point out the type of personality that won't do well in a once and done situation.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Miller had 28 offensive boards in 30 games. Do the math. We have a player his size. DHAM.
Defensive rebounding vs. good teams was a much bigger issue for us than offensive rebounding. To the point: Over the last 6 weeks of the season we played 14 games and give up 10+ offensive rebounds in 12 of them.

We need to be better at finishing defensive possessions. Miller, should we sign him, will be a big help in that regard.

EDIT: Should also add that both Amida & Kentan had very good offensive rebounding rates - Amida close to 10%, and Kentan at 11.7%.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yanni Hufnagel, for the Barry Slice Rohrssen fanboys, this is the result of a recruiter if Cal pulls that off, not signing 3 stars to Pitts and having them develop like everyone else that stepped thru that program.

Who is this kid? Nationally ranked classes at Harvard, Vanderbilt and now potentially this?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

If the choice is Cal, it's highly likely that Rabb will make it official shortly as well. This is good for us.

Reaction Score
Who is this kid? Nationally ranked classes at Harvard, Vanderbilt and now potentially this?
Also, how is that we've never gotten a recruiter like this? I get that we like to think of ourselves as a family program but every single person on staff doesn't have to be a former player.

Reaction Score
Also, how is that we've never gotten a recruiter like this? I get that we like to think of ourselves as a family program but every single person on staff doesn't have to be a former player.

Tom Moore was that guy. He's a pretty big reason why our campus was littered with future pros for much of the 2000s.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score

If the choice is Cal, it's highly likely that Rabb will make it official shortly as well. This is good for us.

How is this good for us exactly? Another recruiting miss for KO. We were heavily involved with him. Cal is a great school, average basketball program.

Reaction Score
How is this good for us exactly? Another recruiting miss for KO. We were heavily involved with him. Cal is a great school, average basketball program.
Not true, we offered him but were never heavily involved with him.

It's good for us because Cal is involved with Shonn Miller, so if they land Swanigan and Rabb like people are predicting, it's likely that Miller will no longer consider them.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Not true, we offered him but were never heavily involved with him.

It's good for us because Cal is involved with Shonn Miller, so if they land Swanigan and Rabb like people are predicting, it's likely that Miller will no longer consider them.

Exactly. @UCweCONN I'm not one of the board's insiders nor do I claim to be, but just from scavenging around Twitter and reading blogs we weren't mentioned with Swanigan for months on end. And right now, Shonn Miller is in my mind the most desirable of our program's current recruiting targets. So one of the other schools he's considering gaining an incoming 5-star at his position who would likely soak up all of the available minutes there is a very good thing for us.

I know that S. Miller is not the kind of "top target" we are used to having, but as of right now, he is our best option for bolstering the roster (some may be inclined to say Bruce Brown would have more of an impact, but I'm not too sure he'll reclassify).

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Miller's nice and all, but it'd be better if we could find a stretch 4 that rebounds like Drummond, defends like Emeka, handles like Shabazz and shoots like Rashad. I'm not a fan of Ollie settling here.
Settling? This kid is an experience forward and will make us very tough. The fact that he is best at defensive rebounding fits nicely with Brimah. Having Brimah surrounded by rebounders is very good for us.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Settling? This kid is an experience forward and will make us very tough. The fact that he is best at defensive rebounding fits nicely with Brimah. Having Brimah surrounded by rebounders is very good for us.

I believe that Rico was being sarcastic. At least I sincerely hope so...

Reaction Score

Some of you guys take talking out of your behind to new levels

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Aaaand Swanigan commits to Sparty. Package deal with is dead, Rabb may well end up at Arizona now.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Nah - we got knocked out of that in July.

Anything that fills Cal's front court is good for us, but I don't think California is really in play with Miller anyway. I'd like to see them grab Rabb just in case.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Sorry, I checked one of the recruiting sites that showed he was one of the few remaining top 2015 recruits we were involved with. With that said, our 6% close rate on 2015 recruits just dropped to 5.5%.

Reaction Score
You don't do sarcasm.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Played golf in Delaware a couple weeks ago and we went from the Greene Turtle to another bar in Rehoboth Beach and this description became evident immediately when we walked in the door. Although a nice place, we immediately walk right back out :oops::oops:

Sure, it's always by mistake.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Everyone yelling out "Hey Norm" when you walked in, should have tipped you off that your buddy was a regular.

Reaction Score
Everyone yelling out "Hey Norm" when you walked in, should have tipped you off that your buddy was a regular.

You're getting a bit out of control now D76.

It was "Hey Mau" by the way!

Reaction Score
Anyone have an update on this player? He really seems like a great fit.

That would put us at

C-Brimah--Nolan(moving Nolan to the back up 5)Enosch
PF -MiIller-Facey-Enosch
F-Hamilton-Calhoun
G-Purvis-Cassell
G Adams--Samuel

I think from here--if we can get Shonn--we'd be smart to find a guy we can rely on more for 3 point shooting off the bench. Casell didnt prove enough and Terrance is more of a slasher/defender from the PG . An expereinced ballhandler/3 point shooter with Shonn would make us very formidable and deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom