Shonn Miller (Cornell Transfer) Met With UCONN | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller (Cornell Transfer) Met With UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yeah, call me for those last two: just cranky wading through the mess looking for something substantial when I should just accept that the visit isn't until next week.

Reaction Score
I think Miller will improve his 3pt shot % at UConn. He will get more open looks. I would guess we are looking at around 36-37.5%ish. The kid will work day and night in the gym this summer. He may not sleep at all as he prepares for what could be the most magical year of his life.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Of course I would be happy if this kid commits(please do). But there's a part of me who want a big who's actually "big." Just someone who can grab at least 7 rebounds a game, and puts a body on somebody on the boards. I don't care if he averages 5 ppg.

Reaction Score
Of course I would be happy if this kid commits(please do). But there's a part of me who want a big who's actually "big." Just someone who can grab at least 7 rebounds a game, and puts a body on somebody on the boards. I don't care if he averages 5 ppg.

Miller is an excellent rebounder - second in the Ivy League in rebounds and total rebound percentage (first in defensive rebound percentage).

Oh, and he also blocks a ton of shots, finished first in the Ivy League in defensive rating, and scores 17 points per game.

The kid is perfect for what we're looking for.

Reaction Score
Miller is an excellent rebounder - second in the Ivy League in rebounds and total rebound percentage (first in defensive rebound percentage).

Oh, and he also blocks a ton of shots, finished first in the Ivy League in defensive rating, and scores 17 points per game.

The kid is perfect for what we're looking for.
I think what he is saying is he wants a player like Miller, but for him to be like 6'10" or 7'0" and 250+.

Reaction Score
I think what he is saying is he wants a player like Miller, but for him to be like 6'10" or 7'0" and 250+.

I kind of figured I was misinterpreting his post, but regardless, 6'7 is plenty tall for a college power forward. AB is a bad rebounder, no question about it, but his rebounding woes will be far less costly with Miller in the fold at the four. There is a good chance I am going to lose my mind sometime soon and begin scouring over film of his year at Cornell in anticipation of his visit. I really feel like this kid could be one of the most valuable newcomers in the country.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Miller's nice and all, but it'd be better if we could find a stretch 4 that rebounds like Drummond, defends like Emeka, handles like Shabazz and shoots like Rashad. I'm not a fan of Ollie settling here.

Reaction Score
Come on, mau. I don't want to get greedy.

Well that's why we didn't make the tourney this year because you sat back all worried about greed. Suck it up Rico, man up. That guy is out there!

Reaction Score
If you are into men that look like hot women. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Played golf in Delaware a couple weeks ago and we went from the Greene Turtle to another bar in Rehoboth Beach and this description became evident immediately when we walked in the door. Although a nice place, we immediately walk right back out :oops::oops:

Reaction Score
Should take Cal out of the running (and damn, good gets by Cuonzo)

Reaction Score
This past Thursday per Goodman. Illinois, BC, Michigan, Marquette and Cal are also pursuing him.

Averaged 16.8 ppg, 8.5 rebounds on 43% shooting.

Always good to have more depth and seems to be a versatile player who can bang down low and shoot the three (but not all that well... 29%). He could certainly help on the boards as well as help generate more points from the front court.

Hopefully we can bring in another ball handler in for next year to help Jalen, but Ollie has a good track record with using transfers really well as was the case for both RJ and Lasan.

http://www.bcinterruption.com/2015/...onn-miller-meets-with-uconn-michigan-illinois

http://www.californiagoldenblogs.co...linois-boston-college-basketball-shonn-miller
Miller had 28 offensive boards in 30 games. Do the math. We have a player his size. DHAM.

Reaction Score
Should take Cal out of the running (and damn, good gets by Cuonzo)

Yanni Hufnagel, for the Barry Slice Rohrssen fanboys, this is the result of a recruiter if Cal pulls that off, not signing 3 stars to Pitts and having them develop like everyone else that stepped thru that program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom