Shonn Miller (Cornell Transfer) Met With UCONN | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Shonn Miller (Cornell Transfer) Met With UCONN

Status
Not open for further replies.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I think when you graduate, your commitment to your college is over and you are a "free agent"

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I'm not sure the staff is looking to add another '15 player...

Adams/Cassell
Purvis/Samuel
Hamilton/Calhoun
Miller/Enoch
Brimah/Nolan/Facey

They could use another shooter/guard, not sure who they could possibly get though since bruce brown is staying in 2016
I think they have interest in a couple of 5th-year guards, including the shooter from Va Tech. I'd guess they're done with pursuing Harris at this point, tho.

There is also the chance of other decommits coming on the market, or an Andre-esque late reclassification.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure the staff is looking to add another '15 player...

Adams/Cassell
Purvis/Samuel
Hamilton/Calhoun
Miller/Enoch
Brimah/Nolan/Facey

They could use another shooter/guard, not sure who they could possibly get though since bruce brown is staying in 2016
Those backup guards/wings look weak. I really hope we pick up another guard/wing that can have an impact! Also I would switch facey's position with Se. I think Se will play more backup canter for us than pf due to who we have on the team and his size. I see kf as the backup pf as he is too small to play center for us. Hopefully he will improve.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
If you graduate with your undergrad degree and have a year of eligibility left, you can transfer to another school to use that year of eligibility and enroll as a graduate student. I'm pretty sure that the school you go to has to offer classes that aren't available at the school you're transferring from, although I'm going off of memory on that last part.
This is correct but I hope there is an exception for Ivy League graduate transfers as that conference doesn't allow post grads to play. In those cases (as it is very rare that an Ivy hoops player has designs on the NBA) the major for a graduate degree should not matter.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
As we saw the last few games, PN has the ability to hit a 15 foot jumper pretty consistently. He didn't have the best year but he's a very able defender and had a painful injury for alot of the year. Cut him some slack

Nolan was the whipping boy because many were angry over the team's poor record and chose to harp on our less-skilled players. His defense can't be read in a box score, and it was and still is valuable to us.

Reaction Score
If the last few games are a sign of anything, I'd put Phil in as slightly above Olander.
Look at Olander's junior season and Phil's junior season. I'd trade Olander for Phil in a nano second

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Look at Olander's junior season and Phil's junior season. I'd trade Olander for Phil in a nano second

Except for the ND game, Olander missed the jumpers Nolan started to hit. He didn't play good defense and committed an extraordinary number of dumb fouls.

Reaction Score

If we're just comparing junior seasons, then yeah. But Nolan played better than Olander the last year that they were both on the team. And he played more.

Reaction Score
Except for the ND game, Olander missed the jumpers Nolan started to hit. He didn't play good defense and committed an extraordinary number of dumb fouls.
I mean this is all a matter of opinion but a few jumpers in the last few games doesn't really make up for a historically bad season.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
I mean this is all a matter of opinion but a few jumpers in the last few games doesn't really make up for a historically bad season.

He couldn't finish around the rim or grab rebounds for much of the year. He started to change that towards the end. I'm gonna be crazy and have optimism that he won't forget how to do either of those things.

Reaction Score
He couldn't finish around the rim or grab rebounds for much of the year. He started to change that towards the end. I'm gonna be crazy and have optimism that he won't forget how to do either of those things.
I wish i possessed that optimism my friend but luckily with Miller on board I wont sweat it.

Reaction Score
committed

Best news I have heard since Geno's 10th.

Sweet.

Do pushups you KO haters.

Someone should start a new thread saying Cornell boy to shine at UConn! Woops, now I see the other threads, boy these greenies taste good.

Got to embrace the positives..... now if only Cassell could get faster things would really open up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom