Megan Walker Narrows her list of top schools | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Megan Walker Narrows her list of top schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Not all of the top talent ticks all the boxes on Geno's checklist. He's right: it's getting harder and harder to find the kids that meet his requirements. Geno has won 11 titles, so I think he knows what he's doing.

No matter what happens this summer, no matter who may come or go, at THIS point (and I've etched it stone), In Geno I trust. I know he knows exactly what he's doing. Geno does not need to explain or defend himself every time he makes a move or decision either. The man has a track record that speaks for itself. End of discussion. :cool:

Reaction Score
Hey, it worked with Maya! Big-time.:) (I should know.;))
:)
Twice, you might just get away with. But isn't there a mandtory life sentence for three-time offenders?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
No matter what happens this summer, no matter who may come or go, at THIS point (and I've etched it stone), In Geno I trust. I know he knows exactly what he's doing. Geno does not need to explain or defend himself every time he makes a move or decision either. The man has a track record that speaks for itself. End of discussion. :cool:
I trust Geno also but that "End of discussion" part is not something I can not co-sign. I think one of moderators described it best-those are really conversation killers. "He's won 11 national championships or Geno knows best" does not leave much room for the reasoned discussion which I believe is the Boneyard Standard. For example, I continue to question the recruiting strategy, specifically the reluctance to cast a wider net. I am definitely not privy to everything but by a reasonable standard I believe a wider net might have resulted in us having a contributing big (recruited out of HS) on the current roster.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I trust Geno also but that "End of discussion" part is not something I can co-sign. I think one of moderators described it best-those are really conversation killers. "He's won 11 national championships or Geno knows best" does not leave much room for the reasoned discussion which I believe is the Boneyard Standard. For example, I continue to question the recruiting strategy, specifically the reluctance to cast a wider net. I am definitely not privy to everything but by a reasonable standard I believe a wider net might have resulted in us having a contributing big (recruited out of HS) on the current roster.

That end of discussion remark was said tongue in cheek. I didn't think anyone would take it literally. I'm not nor do I intend ever to be a party-pooper, or a discussion killer. I'm just a UConn fan and an avid poster.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
That end of discussion remark was said tongue in cheek. I didn't think anyone would take it literally. I'm not nor do I intend ever to be a party-pooper, or a discussion killer. I'm just a UConn fan and an avid poster.
The avid readers of you posts ( like me) already knew that and would never take you literally-you have a turban on your head for goodness sakes! :oops:

Reaction Score
Hey, they're all high-priority targets. Walker has UConn in her final four and Williams seems interested. Still early on Brunelle, but it's not super far-fetched.

We are getting Walker, Williams and Brunelle! I am claiming it!

By Williams if you're claiming Christyn Williams you are most likely correct........can't speak to Jade Williams's mindset

Reaction Score
DO NOT TWEET RECRUITS.
It is improper for fans to have ANY contact with a recruit. And I don't mean morally improper; I mean NCAA-rules improper.

For those that think you were kidding, here's the deal:

NCAA spokeswoman Kayci Woodley clearly told us in an email that fans are prohibited from contacting recruits.

“Fans cannot contact a recruit and attempt to entice them to attend a certain school, as this is a violation of NCAA rules,” read Woodley’s statement. “If a school comes across an instance of this happening, it is expected they would reach out to those athletics personnel, fans and boosters and reinforce the ground rules related to communicating with recruits. This communication outreach would most likely be reported to the NCAA, which would show the school is doing their due diligence to abide by the NCAA rules.”
ome may think you are kidding but here it is:

That said, I rarely see a high profile athlete's twitter page without some reference to a college choice. I'd like to see the NCAA enforce that one!!!

Reaction Score
For those that think you were kidding, here's the deal:

NCAA spokeswoman Kayci Woodley clearly told us in an email that fans are prohibited from contacting recruits.

“Fans cannot contact a recruit and attempt to entice them to attend a certain school, as this is a violation of NCAA rules,” read Woodley’s statement. “If a school comes across an instance of this happening, it is expected they would reach out to those athletics personnel, fans and boosters and reinforce the ground rules related to communicating with recruits. This communication outreach would most likely be reported to the NCAA, which would show the school is doing their due diligence to abide by the NCAA rules.”
ome may think you are kidding but here it is:

That said, I rarely see a high profile athlete's twitter page without some reference to a college choice. I'd like to see the NCAA enforce that one!!!
They really can't. Does the NCAA have the ability to stop the public from posting on an open and public web page like a recruit's twitter account? Nope. What can they do if I post something that says "go to UConn" or "go to ND?" Basically nothing.

Reaction Score
They really can't. Does the NCAA have the ability to stop the public from posting on an open and public web page like a recruit's twitter account? Nope. What can they do if I post something that says "go to UConn" or "go to ND?" Basically nothing.

Um, well, they can tell UConn compliance office: get your boosters in order ... or else.

Reaction Score

CD might pay you a visit.............she is the enforcer...........no?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Cox committed during her Baylor visit, which was her last visit.
Technically your are correct. However, over time Ms. Cox had visited the Baylor campus many times. I believe she had just visited the campus before her fall tour of other college contenders. I also believe Baylor scheduled last was a confirmation and a way of saying "First wow me" to the previous schools. I don't think her mind was fully made up before the tour, but certainly was during her Storrs visit.

Reaction Score
The article a few days ago indicated Megan would make a decision prior to the start of her senior season; an official visit to Notre Dame in September somewhat contradicts that depending on the date.

Another unofficial visit to UConn has to be good news. Seems like that leaves an opportunity for an actual official visit to Storrs at a later date.

Exactly. Like next year's First Night. A second unofficial right after she watched the NCAA's can only be interpreted as a hopeful sign.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
They can do nothing to you, but they very definitely can penalize the university if a clear connection between you and the university can be established - and that connection can be:
1. You are a graduate
2. You regularly attend games
3. You regularly post to a fan message board
4. You have donated money to the university
5. you are employed by the university or a close relative of a university employee

I am sure I have left some out.

This is not a funny situation. This is not a joking matter. This is deadly serious and very important.

Reaction Score
They can do nothing to you, but they very definitely can penalize the university if a clear connection between you and the university can be established - and that connection can be:
1. You are a graduate
2. You regularly attend games
3. You regularly post to a fan message board
4. You have donated money to the university
5. you are employed by the university or a close relative of a university employee

I am sure I have left some out.

This is not a funny situation. This is not a joking matter. This is deadly serious and very important.
They are not a law enforcement agency nor do they have subpoena powers. Short of someone disclosing personal identifying information about themselves, they cannot prove that someone that posts to a recruit's twitter account is any of the above or is in any way related to a particular university. If it were that easy, I'll go post to every ND, Baylor, Duke, UNC, Stanford, OSU, Syracuse, and Maryland recruit's twitter page now begging them to come to my university - that should take care of the competition.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
They are not a law enforcement agency nor do they have subpoena powers. Short of someone disclosing personal identifying information about themselves, they cannot prove that someone that posts to a recruit's twitter account is any of the above or is in any way related to a particular university. If it were that easy, I'll go post to every ND, Baylor, Duke, UNC, Stanford, OSU, Syracuse, and Maryland recruit's twitter page now begging them to come to my university - that should take care of the competition.
You may not be aware of this but in that huge piece of trash complaint that was filed against Uconn, there were pages and pages of printouts from boneyard threads. And non-friendly people do read posts here and all over the social media scene and most Facebook accounts are pretty clear about who owns the account and checking the public portion of the account in most cases will show school affiliations - from there it is not that hard to request donor lists, season ticket holder lists, etc. The NCAA doesn't have to do any research, they just have to field a complaint and request the university do an investigation and report back to them.

One penalty that can be imposed is to ban a school from offering a scholarship to a prospect that has been improperly contacted - not something we are likely to be happy with. And it is just stupid - leave recruiting to the coaches and don't harass HS students on social media, you aren certainly not helping and you could be creating a huge sh#tstorm.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
When Megan visits, she won't have to do much to visualize the name Walker hanging up in Gampel. Thanks to Kemba, it's already there.

I like the timing of Megatron's visit--before Stewie, Morgan, and Moriah are gone. I hope she feels a fit and cancels her other 3 visits.

Reaction Score
You may not be aware of this but in that huge piece of trash complaint that was filed against Uconn, there were pages and pages of printouts from boneyard threads. And non-friendly people do read posts here and all over the social media scene and most Facebook accounts are pretty clear about who owns the account and checking the public portion of the account in most cases will show school affiliations - from there it is not that hard to request donor lists, season ticket holder lists, etc. The NCAA doesn't have to do any research, they just have to field a complaint and request the university do an investigation and report back to them.

One penalty that can be imposed is to ban a school from offering a scholarship to a prospect that has been improperly contacted - not something we are likely to be happy with. And it is just stupid - leave recruiting to the coaches and don't harass HS students on social media, you aren certainly not helping and you could be creating a huge sh#tstorm.

Your patience is remarkable.

Reaction Score
Samantha Brunelle is probably going to be #1 in class of 2019 when things get sorted out.
samantha-brunelle
You make imperfect nonsense when you say Megan is a lock for ND but she's visiting UCONN for the second time on her own dime!
And was also in attendance for the Uconn Maryland game in the Garden. Sitting behind Geno and his army.

Reaction Score
When Megan visits, she won't have to do much to visualize the name Walker hanging up in Gampel. Thanks to Kemba, it's already there.

I like the timing of Megatron's visit--before Stewie, Morgan, and Moriah are gone. I hope she feels a fit and cancels her other 3 visits.
I never thought of that wrt Kemba's banner. I said this the other night, but one of the biggest things we're gonna miss about the big 3 is the fact that they were the ambassadors and face of the program. Megan's visit will come after the draft, so after she visits she can say she hung out with 3 of the top 4 WNBA draft picks. Plus she could have a shot at sleeping in the bed of arguably the greatest WCBB player of all time! What a story that would make. Other schools may boast a more fun football atmosphere, though I don't think Megan plans on playing football so I'm not sure why that matters, but one little walk through of the Champions Center should be enough to sell any recruit that's serious about WCBB.

Reaction Score
I never thought of that wrt Kemba's banner. I said this the other night, but one of the biggest things we're gonna miss about the big 3 is the fact that they were the ambassadors and face of the program. Megan's visit will come after the draft, so after she visits she can say she hung out with 3 of the top 4 WNBA draft picks. Plus she could have a shot at sleeping in the bed of arguably the greatest WCBB player of all time! What a story that would make. Other schools may boast a more fun football atmosphere, though I don't think Megan plans on playing football so I'm not sure why that matters, but one little walk through of the Champions Center should be enough to sell any recruit that's serious about WCBB.

Didn't sell Cox.

JS

Reaction Score
Your patience is remarkable.
Ours isn't. Vowel and Miami are entirely correct.

We will not contribute to any recruiting violation controversy for UConn by allowing Boneyarders to post about any sort of contacts they might make or want to make with recruits. Period.

Only the athletics staff is allowed to engage in recruiting contacts, and only then in compliance with strict rules. The institution is required to exercise whatever institutional control it can to enforce this rule, and some Boneyarders have painful experience with getting dragged into these efforts.

Anyone who posts here is a potential "booster" for NCAA purposes, not only for the reasons Miami cited but because the definition is extremely broad. Basically any non-staff member who advances the institution's recruiting interests is thereby a booster who shouldn't be doing so.

The Boneyard is very public and well known. As a known communications center, it differs from random individual fan actions.

We can't control what people do off the board, but we most certainly can control what and who appears here.

The "argument" on this is at an end.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Reaction Score
Didn't sell Cox.
I don't think Cox was ever serious about leaving home. I think a school in TX always had the huge advantage over everyone else no matter what Muffet or Geno had to offer. I do like what Geno tells recruits: you can come here, be good and win championships, or, go somewhere else, be good, and we'll beat you. Or something to that effect. I'm sure someone knows the quote better than me, and I think he used it on Mo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom