Megan Walker Narrows her list of top schools | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Megan Walker Narrows her list of top schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I really, really, really hope that you are correct about Megan Walker's UConn upcoming commitment but I wouldn't bet the ranch on it yet......I'd put the odds at 50/50%......Here's my promise...I'll post a picture of me dressed in Napheesa Collier's #24 game worn jersey which I purchased for charity if she does sign.....and folks ...that will not be a pretty picture!!!!!!!

Charlie, in order to appease the mojo gods, we need to raise the bar here.

Posting the picture is not sufficient - it needs to become your avatar. :)

Reaction Score
Wouldn't put all eggs in one bag. Walker will end up at Notre Dame. I'm glad we have Lexie committed. Muffit wants multiple titles so she's pushing to sign all the top talent. She always seems to go after the same kids we do and usually wins out!! Like I said success sometimes backfire. Recruits see UCONN as a downfall.... Man I'm sick of seeing them win every year... I want to go to a program follow some other top players and Take them down... Recruiting approach. Just saying it's not like we have been on a recruiting tear. Seems we lose out on the kids we go after. Ya we signed collier samuluson Boykin left. But we bring in only one all American in danger field. Like I said its UCONN ... U would think all Americans would be flocking to play for the best coach ever and best program ever but just haven't seen it. Recruiting is going to be very difficult for UCONN in the next couple of years.
Having a bad day? Not sure I understand comments that Muffit always seems to win out on top talent. Notre Dame good program but we all know who won the past four years. You are correct that many top recruits go elsewhere but unless I am missing something, Geno wins titles based on 2-3 strong recruits each year with both the skills and intangibles to win it all. Dolson perfect example-many considered her a middle of the road prospect and we know how that turned out.

Reaction Score
Charlie, in order to appease the mojo gods, we need to raise the bar here.

Posting the picture is not sufficient - it needs to become your avatar. :)

Well.................if you insist!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Does it get any better than this?

91v34RPCt8L._SL1500_.jpg
u should be ashamed of yourself for posting this indecent pic and shame on u for letting it be posted! Where has common decency gone? Well I know where .......

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
She must have watched when Holly asked Geno how he made it seem simple to win the 4 championships? Geno said " Its easy and pointed 1, 2, 3, as he pointed to Stewie, Moriah, and Morgan, then explained what great people they were, as well as players. That has to make any great player think I would like to part of that, Geno has a quiet humanity that he exposes from time to time.
It didn't hurt when Burke said although she had a good coach at Providence she would've killed for a chance to play for Geno. Just sayin'.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
...plus another in his pocket! (plus a wedding ring, if we're getting technical)

The other two are are around his neck on a thick gold chain. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
It didn't hurt when Burke said although she had a good coach at Providence she would've killed for a chance to play for Geno. Just sayin'.

I remember hearing her say that. I would not be surprised (I'm guessing here) if Kara Lawson felt the same way. She'll never admit it, or say it on air.

Here's a little background on Kara Lawson -

At the University of Tennessee she played under the legendary coach Pat Summit (1999-2003), and was part of the team that defeated the U.S. women’s national team that went on to win gold in Sydney in 2000. A two-time all-American, she led her team to three NCAA Women’s Final Four appearances in 2000, 2002 and 2003. Lawson is only one of three players in Tennessee history to garner first team All-SEC honors in all four years.

An Academic All-American, she graduated with a degree in finance. As a senior she won the Torchbearer Award, the highest undergraduate honor at UT. Lawson was the recipient of the NCAA’s Top VIII Award, which recognizes the top eight student-athletes across all divisions and all sports for their contributions athletically, academically and in their communities.

Lawson began her broadcasting career shortly after graduating from college and worked as a studio analyst on the Sacramento Kings’ local broadcast on Comcast Sports Net from 2004-07.
Kara Lawson joined ESPN in 2004 as a women’s college basketball analyst while playing point guard for the Sacramento Monarchs of the WNBA.

In seven seasons with the Monarchs (2003-09), Lawson started at point guard, leading the team to the WNBA title in 2005. She was a 2007 WNBA All-Star and the recipient of the 2009 Kim Perrot Sportsmanship Award. In the 2003 WNBA Draft, Lawson was selected by the Detroit Shock in the first round (fifth overall) but five days later, was traded to the Monarchs.

Carnac

Reaction Score
And, if I recall correctly, Walker was only a sometime starter.

You are correct. That was the 2010-2011 season. Walker left during the Christmas break, leaving Geno with only 3 bench players (Lorin Dixon, Lauren Englen & Michala Johnson). Buck & Doty were injured.
Lauren Dixon was the only bench player to get in the game while it was still undecided. Geno made it to the FF with 6 players, where they lost to ND in the semi's. I thought he should have received coach of the year.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I remember hearing her say that. I would not be surprised (I'm guessing here) if Kara Lawson felt the same way. She'll never admit it, or say it on air.

At the University of Tennessee she played under the legendary coach Pat Summit (1999-2003), and was part of the team that defeated the U.S. women’s national team that went on to win gold in Sydney in 2000. A two-time all-American, she led her team to three NCAA Women’s Final Four appearances in 2000, 2002 and 2003. Lawson is only one of three players in Tennessee history to garner first team All-SEC honors in all four years.

An Academic All-American, she graduated with a degree in finance. As a senior she won the Torchbearer Award, the highest undergraduate honor at UT. Lawson was the recipient of the NCAA’s Top VIII Award, which recognizes the top eight student-athletes across all divisions and all sports for their contributions athletically, academically and in their communities.

Lawson began her broadcasting career shortly after graduating from college and worked as a studio analyst on the Sacramento Kings’ local broadcast on Comcast Sports Net from 2004-07.
Kara Lawson joined ESPN in 2004 as a women’s college basketball analyst while playing point guard for the Sacramento Monarchs of the WNBA.

In seven seasons with the Monarchs (2003-09), Lawson started at point guard, leading the team to the WNBA title in 2005. She was a 2007 WNBA All-Star and the recipient of the 2009 Kim Perrot Sportsmanship Award. In the 2003 WNBA Draft, Lawson was selected by the Detroit Shock in the first round (fifth overall) but five days later, was traded to the Monarchs.
I remember once I believe during last years tourney Kevin Negandhi asked Kara for a comparison between Geno and Pat. I've forgotten her exact response. I remember a long pause. The sum and total of it was Geno has a better approach to getting the most out of you. I've just found (as I speak) an old article from Courant.com where she says Geno wants you on specific spots on the floor "not in a general area, not in the vicinity. He wants you in a specific spot on the floor during a certain moment of a certain play. "He tells you where that is, and if you are not there it's going to be a problem. And he also wants you to pass, to dribble the ball in a certain way. There's a lot to focus on offensively." If anyone has seen All Access he has X marks clearly marked on the floor. This to me seems a very subtle indictment of Pat saying perhaps her idea of offense was too generalized. Not too farfetched since Pat's idea of offense was dump it down low to the double posts. During telecasts she often states her admiration for Geno and the culture he's engendered at UConn. So much so that on the LadyVolNation forum she's seen as something of a traitor by some. But I agree, she'll probably never come out and say "Yeah Geno is better and I wish I'd played for him instead of that offensively challenged system at UT".

Reaction Score
Here's a little background on Kara Lawson
And most importantly, as great a player and person as she is, she must like UConn because she decided to play really poorly against UConn in the NC!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

ummmm, you forgot the big one. She played football, with boys, when she was young.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
I think it would be very true to say Kara respects and admires Geno as a coach and the program he has built, and that she certainly would have liked to play for him on the NT team, and enjoyed her time with him at trials and seeing up close what he was about in a player/coach dynamic. She would also have welcomed being coached by him professional i suspect. But it is also very true that she:
1. Loves and respects Pat Summitt
2. Loved her time at TN
3. Is a loyal TN alum
Let's not project too much on to her regarding Geno. She is a good enough analyst to identify clear differences between the two coaching styles, but I don't think she regrets her choice of TN or her four years there. We don't need to go there, we can just enjoy and respect her work as a college and professional player and her stellar work as a studio analyst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom