Megan Walker Narrows her list of top schools | The Boneyard

Megan Walker Narrows her list of top schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
This girl wants to win and win big. In order to do that you need a cast of players around you that can play big as well. As talented as she is, can she carry UVA to a title, or even the final four by herself? Especially with the way the top programs are recruiting highly ranked talent on top of highly ranked talent.. UVA may actually have a shot here, but in my eyes its more of an in-state respect factor.. this is definitely down to UCONN, Notre Dame and Texas.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
This girl wants to win and win big. In order to do that you need a cast of players around you that can play big as well. As talented as she is, can she carry UVA to a title, or even the final four by herself? Especially with the way the top programs are recruiting highly ranked talent on top of highly ranked talent.. UVA may actually have a shot here, but in my eyes its more of an in-state respect factor.. this is definitely down to UCONN, Notre Dame and Texas.

Many UVa fans are disappointed in what Joanne Boyle has done at Virginia. She's bringing in a couple of good 2016 recruits -- Toussant and Willoughby after losing Venson to transfer. Felicia Aiyeotan also recently committed to Virgina but she's a real project.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Many UVa fans are disappointed in what Joanne Boyle has done at Virginia. She's bringing in a couple of good 2016 recruits -- Toussant and Willoughby after losing Venson to transfer. Felicia Aiyeotan also recently committed to Virgina but she's a real project.
Thanks for the info. I think we gave Willoughby a look. I didn't realize she picked up Felicia, but was aware of Venson leaving. I read that Venson has a lot of "me first" attitude, but she has talent.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Reactions: HGN

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Megan was the State POY as a sophomore and scored 50 against the State champions. Those are impressive. She's been the consensus #1 player for a while. If she wants to be more efficient on offense and more aggressive on defense, I suggest the 4-year Luigi and Christine Training Program. Their placement program is second to none, and the graduates have a high rate of success.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
upload_2016-4-5_16-12-55.png
upload_2016-4-5_16-12-55.png

Reaction Score

I largely agree with you.

But a general comment: when current seniors signed their LOIs in fall 2011 to Oregon st, Syracuse, and Washington, who would've thought any of them had a snowballs chance ... to go to a final 4?

Reaction Score
Well, not to take you too literary, Rocky. But it's a scientific fact. Here's an experiment. Fake yawn (make it a real wide and honest attempt) 6 times, and you will begin yawning out of control. There are apparently brain signals.

Reaction Score
Megan was the State POY as a sophomore and scored 50 against the State champions. Those are impressive. She's been the consensus #1 player for a while. If she wants to be more efficient on offense and more aggressive on defense, I suggest the 4-year Luigi and Christine Training Program. Their placement program is second to none, and the graduates have a high rate of success.
You forgot to mention the most knowledgeable fans! ;) :) :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Well, not to take you too literary, Rocky. But it's a scientific fact. Here's an experiment. Fake yawn (make it a real wide and honest attempt) 6 times, and you will begin yawning out of control. There are apparently brain signals.

Only required one. What does that say! Don't answer. Yawning is also a nervous release ... because our O2 level goes down with tension and the brain says YAWN! But, back to the main point ... 'til you have the brains to commit, I could care less about your every diminishing list (of 24) and your need to push it out there.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
I like the content of this post :) Thought Maryland was a real contender here. That would send a huge message if Texas, in addition to their normal crop of in-state stars, added an east-coast super-prospect. I would think UConn or ND is the most likely.
The Texas coaching staff has a done a very good job in recruiting some elite out of state players recently; granted, they didn't end up signing with Texas, but when a program with a fairly new head coach can get official visits from Ionescu from California, Jatarie White from North Carolina, and Jessica Jackson from Arkansas, as well as a recent unofficial visit from Rellah Boothe of Florida, they are doing something right. Eventually, one of those elite of out-of-state players will decide Texas is the place for them.

As far as I know, Walker has not visited Texas unofficially; and, I don't believe there is any kind of family/coaching connection involved. So, I can only assume her including Texas as one of her finalists is largely because of the coaching staff.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
:rolleyes:
The Texas coaching staff has a done a very good job in recruiting some elite out of state players recently; granted, they didn't end up signing with Texas, but when a program with a fairly new head coach can get official visits from Ionescu from California, Jatarie White from North Carolina, and Jessica Jackson from Arkansas, as well as a recent unofficial visit from Rellah Boothe of Florida, they are doing something right. Eventually, one of those elite of out-of-state players will decide Texas is the place for them.

As far as I know, Walker has not visited Texas unofficially; and, I don't believe there is any kind of family/coaching connection involved. So, I can only assume her including Texas as one of her finalists is largely because of the coaching staff.

But it's HOT down there in the summer, really hot. Weather has got to be a negative factor! :rolleyes:

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Megan was the State POY as a sophomore and scored 50 against the State champions. Those are impressive.

Those were this past year as a junior. You must've seen that on Fuller's blog; he mixed up the years.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Those were this past year as a junior. You must've seen that on Fuller's blog; he mixed up the years.
The 50 points were as a junior. I probably worded my sentence poorly. I think she was the POY both years.

Reaction Score
Tonight's championship game is the best argument for UConn that exists. When they scan the crowd and you see Cash, Lobo, Charles Maya & Dolson how can a player with transcendent talent not want to be a part of a program that plays at that level.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Tonight's championship game is the best argument for UConn that exists. When they scan the crowd and you see Cash, Lobo, Charles Maya & Dolson how can a player with transcendent talent not want to be a part of a program that plays at that level.

My thoughts exactly!

Reaction Score
Heck, I want to be a part of that program. Yet so many fans outside of UConn look at Geno as a villian, but how could you think that after listening to his interview with Holly? It is not about the 11 championships; it is about doing it for every single one of his players that go through his program and the long-lasting relationships that cultivate. Many of the players don't even overlap in years at UConn, but that doesn't stop the network from being so close.

Reaction Score
Heck, I want to be a part of that program. Yet so many fans outside of UConn look at Geno as a villian, but how could you think that after listening to his interview with Holly? It is not about the 11 championships; it is about doing it for every single one of his players that go through his program and the long-lasting relationships that cultivate. Many of the players don't even overlap in years at UConn, but that doesn't stop the network from being so close.
How many is "so many"?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
After tonight, I think Megan's choice is down to 1, and you all know who that is.

She's practically bosom buddies with Niele Ivey. I doubt she goes to Virginia and Texas doesn't seem right either, and yet I still don't think UConn's the favorite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom