Megan Walker Narrows her list of top schools | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Megan Walker Narrows her list of top schools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wouldn't put all eggs in one bag. Walker will end up at Notre Dame. I'm glad we have Lexie committed. Muffit wants multiple titles so she's pushing to sign all the top talent. She always seems to go after the same kids we do and usually wins out!! Like I said success sometimes backfire. Recruits see UCONN as a downfall.... Man I'm sick of seeing them win every year... I want to go to a program follow some other top players and Take them down... Recruiting approach. Just saying it's not like we have been on a recruiting tear. Seems we lose out on the kids we go after. Ya we signed collier samuluson Boykin left. But we bring in only one all American in danger field. Like I said its UCONN ... U would think all Americans would be flocking to play for the best coach ever and best program ever but just haven't seen it. Recruiting is going to be very difficult for UCONN in the next couple of years.

Has Walker spoken to you about where she's going to college ?
No UConn fan that I know would say, definitively, that Walker was going to ND unless they we're told that by her directly since she has not made her choice public. I'm going to assume that you haven't spoken to Ms Walker which means that you just answered my question of whether you are a pessimistic UConn fan or a troll.

Reaction Score
I'm actually pleased with UConn's current roster and the future additions who will add so much firepower (Lexi G, AEH). The only missing piece is an additional skilled big.........Megan Walker would certainly be a wonderful pick up but if she decides to go elsewhere, I'll take a talented post player and be very content with the future.............

HGN

Reaction Score
MikeR - that comes off like an UNinformed rant ( multiple aspects )

I am hearing some good things with Walker & UConn

as always... we'll see !
CoachBill , I agree with you...........As I have said many times before , we BY'ers must always be weary of 'skunks in Husky clothing'. Seems like you smelled one out.

JS

Reaction Score
mikeR - pretty sure Geno signed 3 "All Americans" in 2015 class ( 3 person class ) . 1 already proved not to be right fit

He signed 1 [All American] in 2016. he happens to be High on Irwin ( as am I ) and Bent for what HE requires, looks for
With the three AA's, all of whom made the USA team BTW, 2015 qualified as a blockbuster class.

I'm quite happy with 2016, given the classes, including one-person classes, that so often followed a blockbuster in UConn history.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't put all eggs in one bag. Walker will end up at Notre Dame. I'm glad we have Lexie committed. Muffit wants multiple titles so she's pushing to sign all the top talent. She always seems to go after the same kids we do and usually wins out!! Like I said success sometimes backfire. Recruits see UCONN as a downfall.... Man I'm sick of seeing them win every year... I want to go to a program follow some other top players and Take them down... Recruiting approach. Just saying it's not like we have been on a recruiting tear. Seems we lose out on the kids we go after. Ya we signed collier samuluson Boykin left. But we bring in only one all American in danger field. Like I said its UCONN ... U would think all Americans would be flocking to play for the best coach ever and best program ever but just haven't seen it. Recruiting is going to be very difficult for UCONN in the next couple of years.

I've never understood why every single great player didn't just automatically sign with UConn. If memory serves, UCLA always got everyone they wanted. The meme that "UConn is not for everyone" is nonsense. If UConn goes after them, then they are right for UConn. Why in the world would anyone want to go to Notre Dame, when McGraw has failed to win even a single national title in fifteen years? She has been outreached time and time and time again. Didn't even make the Final Four this year, despite having a loaded team of talented players.

I can understand wanting to stay near home. But seems to me that moving to a new part of the country and seeing the world would be bigger draws for more kids.

I don't get it.

Reaction Score
mikeR - pretty sure Geno signed 3 "All Americans" in 2015 class ( 3 person class ) . 1 already proved not to be right fit

He signed 1 in 2016. he happens to be High on Irwin ( as am I ) and Bent for what HE requires, looks for
pretty sure Geno has earned benefit of doubt with evaluating AND putting Quality teams together.
Not all "All Americans" pan out / live up to hype... and plenty aren not "Winners " , championship material

Dean Smith & Coach K have long had teams with a few All Americans ... then a complement of varying role players
( pretty fair Coaches )

Bad example.. UNC and Dook have signed the most and 2nd most McD's AA in the history of the game.

Reaction Score
I've never understood why every single great player didn't just automatically sign with UConn. If memory serves, UCLA always got everyone they wanted. The meme that "UConn is not for everyone" is nonsense. If UConn goes after them, then they are right for UConn. Why in the world would anyone want to go to Notre Dame, when McGraw has failed to win even a single national title in fifteen years? She has been outreached time and time and time again. Didn't even make the Final Four this year, despite having a loaded team of talented players.

I can understand wanting to stay near home. But seems to me that moving to a new part of the country and seeing the world would be bigger draws for more kids.

I don't get it.

Read about Sam Gilbert. Then you'll know why UCLA got everyone they wanted.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Not a rant just speaking the obvious u have to admit we have lost more recruits then we got. Look at Baylor Notre dame Maryland South Carolina Ohio state Texas multiple all Americans. To compete signing one or two kids a recruiting class isn't going to cut it. Just think Lou gets hurt we played 6 in the final until we had the game at reach. Yes sometimes to much depth leads to transfers I just don't understand why the other top programs seem to do better lately at recruiting. If u are a all American why wouldn't u want to play for the best? Maybe I don't understand the recruiting process. But then again it's not my job to worry about it. I will just rant... lol
Let's take a look at you're rant. You are talking about getting AA recruits. So next year..

UCONN - 4 AA (Williams, KLS, Collier, Dangerfield) However for recruiting purposes had Tuck, Edwards and Boykin. That's 7. Also Nurse and Ekmark would probably have been McD AA's if they had been eligible. So for "recruiting" purposes UCONN would be at 7-9. Pretty damn good.

ND - 8 AA (Allen, Turner, Westbeld, Ogubowale, Mabrey, Patberg, Boley, Young) Yea, they are stacked. And they had Reimer too.

S. Carolina - 4 AA (Coates, Wilson, Cuevas, Davis). However Davis is a transfer and really doesn't count in "recruiting".

Maryland - 6 AA (Small, Fraser, Gillespie, Slocum, Charles, Watson). However Small is a transfer and really doesn't count in "recruiting".

Ohio State - 5 AA (Mitchell, Harper, Calhoun, Mavunga, McCoy). However Harper, Calhoun and Mavunga are transfers and really doesn't count in "recruiting".

Texas - 6 AA (Atkins, McCarty, Higgs, Hosey, Holmes, Sutton) Pretty good.

Baylor - 6 AA (Jones, Prince, Brown, Mompremier, Cox, Chou). However Jones is a transfer and really doesn't count in "recruiting". But they had Small xfr out so that equals that out.

So really other than ND, nobody has really done that much better than UCONN in recruiting over the past couple 2-3 years. And UCONN probably already has 2 AA for the 2017 class and may add 1-2 more. And they are in for some pretty highly ranked recruits for 2018.

I do agree with this though...Maybe I don't understand the recruiting process.

Reaction Score

I don't get it.

Unlike the Baylors, Louisvilles, Marylands and South Carolinas of the basketball world, UConn recruits from a very small universe of high school players............the formula is simple............take all of the most talented players, subtract for positional need, player attitude, parental attitude, those willing to leave their home turf and you end up with I don't know 5-10 players per year max..........out of which they eventually sign 1-3 per year................. seems to have worked pretty well so far..........

Reaction Score
Production is the key!! Look I love my huskies and by any way I'm not here to upset anyone. I'm a UCONN alumni love UCONN through and through!! Maybe my points don't add a lot on here but what l love about the boneyard is everyone has a right to agree and disagree. It's all about basketball conversation at its best!! Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
Production is the key!! Look I love my huskies and by any way I'm not here to upset anyone. I'm a UCONN alumni love UCONN through and through!! Maybe my points don't add a lot on here but what l love about the boneyard is everyone has a right to agree and disagree. It's all about basketball conversation at its best!! Go Huskies!!!

Reaction Score
I'm actually pleased with UConn's current roster and the future additions who will add so much firepower (Lexi G, AEH). The only missing piece is an additional skilled big....Megan Walker would certainly be a wonderful pick up but if she decides to go elsewhere, I'll take a talented post player and be very content with the future...
I love your response and hope for the future!!!!!!!

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
I've never understood why every single great player didn't just automatically sign with UConn. If memory serves, UCLA always got everyone they wanted.

That was a different time with different recruiting practices. UCLA had very generous boosters.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

I don't get it.

You miss literally one final four in six years and it's "Why would you want to go to Notre Dame? They didn't even make the final four this year!". Sheesh.

Most of these kids are smart, top of their class, even, and see the big picture. Which is....Notre Dame is 141-8 in the last 4 years. Five of the losses are to UConn. ND is 138-3 against all non-UCONN teams over that span. If for some reason you decide you would rather beat UConn than be at UConn, Notre Dame is the strongest choice available.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not a rant just speaking the obvious u have to admit we have lost more recruits then we got. Look at Baylor Notre dame Maryland South Carolina Ohio state Texas multiple all Americans. To compete signing one or two kids a recruiting class isn't going to cut it. Just think Lou gets hurt we played 6 in the final until we had the game at reach. Yes sometimes to much depth leads to transfers I just don't understand why the other top programs seem to do better lately at recruiting. If u are a all American why wouldn't u want to play for the best? Maybe I don't understand the recruiting process. But then again it's not my job to worry about it. I will just rant... lol
After 4 straight NCs, just think how those other coaches feel about what they accomplished with all those top recruits we lost.

Reaction Score

I don't get it.

Assuming that her only consideration should be to play on the team that has won the most championships is a mistake. Why would any player choose Stanford over UConn? Maybe she wants a degree from Stanford. ND may not be Stanford, but it is a similar consideration. She may want a degree from ND, which can open doors other degrees do not, because of the perceived academic position of the school, national alumni base, average alumni earnings, etc. She may want to go to a school that would not admit her without her basketball talent, which is less likely to be true of UConn than Stanford or ND.

Also, in fairness to ND, only the 2011 game was a loss to a 'worse' (to-a-person) team. The other title games ND was up against better teams, sometimes much better. ND was clearly #2 those years- clearly better than #3 but clearly worse than #1.

HGN

Reaction Score

Southie , thanks for the heads-up...........There's both some good and bad for us UConn hopefuls. Normally , we would like to be the last visit but we find ourselves first. But if the visit is next weekend , school
will be in session and the campus vibrant. Also , ALL the players will still be there to host Ms. Walker and our Big-3 will be back from the WNBA Draft. There should be excitement in abundance.

She is a major 'Get' for whichever program signs her.

GO HUSKIES!!

Reaction Score
Next weekend-is this good for us? The article says she tentatively scheduled for ND as well in September. Why September? That's not a good month it seems. Nothing going on at that time. And tentative mind you. Maybe she verbals next week.:)

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Next weekend-is this good for us? The article says she tentatively scheduled for ND as well in September. Why September? That's not a good month it seems. Nothing going on at that time. And tentative mind you. Maybe she verbals next week.:)

ND always does visits on football weekends. If I had to guess, I'd say Sept. 17 vs. Michigan St. is the one they'll target this year.

If she commits to UConn without visiting ND after all the time I know Niele Ivey has put into recruiting her...that would make me :(

Reaction Score
Are you sure that Auriemma wanted ALL of the recruits that went elsewhere? HS All-American status conferred by non-coaches doesn't necessarily mean much to him.

Reaction Score
ND always does visits on football weekends. If I had to guess, I'd say Sept. 17 vs. Michigan St. is the one they'll target this year.

If she commits to UConn without visiting ND after all the time I know Niele Ivey has put into recruiting her...that would make me :(
But blissfu

But bliss to me. It would be like making it to a final 4.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom