Megan Walker Narrows her list of top schools | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Megan Walker Narrows her list of top schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Top recruit Walker cuts college list to 4, plans trip to UConn

The full story with lots of other stuff about the team!

Kia has a way with words, does she not.

"You understand that our seniors have put their blood sweat and tears into this program. It takes a lot mentally and physically out of you. This has to be the most important thing to you, and they have been that way for four years. And then they took on extra responsibility by taking us all under their wings to teach us the same ways. So it is so much fun to have them go out in a way that says thank you from all of us."

Reaction Score
ND always does visits on football weekends. If I had to guess, I'd say Sept. 17 vs. Michigan St. is the one they'll target this year.

If she commits to UConn without visiting ND after all the time I know Niele Ivey has put into recruiting her...that would make me :(
Interestingly enough I think it was this visit by KLS, Boykin, and Collier where they all committed - the one in early spring just after the season had ended before their senior year - not that it means anything. UConn is losing its three best ambassadors to the program, so we gotta get those recruiting visits in now before they all head off to their pro teams. There will no longer be a Stewie's bed for a recruit to sleep in and we don't have a fall football weekend that competes with other schools. When recruits come in April they will find cold, bare trees, maybe some snow, no party like football game day atmosphere. Our only hope is that our trophy case and banners are enough to make up for it.

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Interestingly enough I think it was this visit by KLS, Boykin, and Collier where they all committed - the one in early spring just after the season had ended before their senior year - not that it means anything.

Good memory! I'd totally forgotten that. Napheesa committed April 20, Boykin on May 5, and Katie Lou on May 20.

Reaction Score
Good memory! I'd totally forgotten that. Napheesa committed April 20, Boykin on May 5, and Katie Lou on May 20.
Sometimes when you know, you know. I thought KLS and Collier committed over breakfast at Geno's house with the coaches. Hopefully Walker has the same feeling.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Go home. You're drunk.

Hey, they're all high-priority targets. Walker has UConn in her final four and Williams seems interested. Still early on Brunelle, but it's not super far-fetched.

Reaction Score
We are getting Walker, Williams and Brunelle! I am claiming it!
Who is Brunelle?? Checked on recruiting rankings don't see that name in the class of 17 or 18. And as excited I'm that walker is visiting UCONN I still feel she's a lock at Notre Dame. The fact she is visiting us so early in the process and she's visiting Texas and Virginia over the summer. Then Notre Dame last in September doesn't bold to well. And when a kid visites there list of schools last they usually choose that school... Man I hope she commits but from what I've heard on many recruiting services and other boards the Irish have led for walker for awhile. My fingers cross cause walker is a must get and a game changer.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Who is Brunelle?? Checked on recruiting rankings don't see that name in the class of 17 or 18. And as excited I'm that walker is visiting UCONN I still feel she's a lock at Notre Dame. The fact she is visiting us so early in the process and she's visiting Texas and Virginia over the summer. Then Notre Dame last in September doesn't bold to well. And when a kid visites there list of schools last they usually choose that school... Man I hope she commits but from what I've heard on many recruiting services and other boards the Irish have led for walker for awhile. My fingers cross cause walker is a must get and a game changer.
Samantha Brunelle is probably going to be #1 in class of 2019 when things get sorted out.
samantha-brunelle
You make imperfect nonsense when you say Megan is a lock for ND but she's visiting UCONN for the second time on her own dime!

Reaction Score
Mikey just made me sad. Again.

Reaction Score
Alright I'm let this one slide since I picture you slurring your words also but I think you mean Christyn.
Burp! My bad. Well it's crystal clear to me that we will land Christyn

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
The article a few days ago indicated Megan would make a decision prior to the start of her senior season; an official visit to Notre Dame in September somewhat contradicts that depending on the date.

Another unofficial visit to UConn has to be good news. Seems like that leaves an opportunity for an actual official visit to Storrs at a later date.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
You make imperfect nonsense when you say Megan is a lock for ND but she's visiting UCONN for the second time on her own dime!
Aren't official visits now allowed for the class of 2017 (since yesterday): LINK? If so, I would bet that Walker's planned UConn visit is an official visit.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The article a few days ago indicated Megan would make a decision prior to the start of her senior season;

It just said before her senior season which could be anytime before November's signing period.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
The article a few days ago indicated Megan would make a decision prior to the start of her senior season; an official visit to Notre Dame in September somewhat contradicts that depending on the date.

Another unofficial visit to UConn has to be good news. Seems like that leaves an opportunity for an actual official visit to Storrs at a later date.

Last year the earliest date for games in Virginia was Nov. 30. Practices started Nov. 9.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Aren't official visits now allowed for the class of 2017 (since yesterday): LINK? If so, I would bet that Walker's planned UConn visit is an official visit.
I was going by the tweet in @southie post which stated that the visit to UCONN next week was an "unofficial" .

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I believe Cox visited UCONN last before committing to Baylor. I refer you to a posters previous comments about teenaged minds and tea leaves.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
I believe Cox visited UCONN last before committing to Baylor. I refer you to a posters previous comments about teenaged minds and tea leaves.

Cox committed during her Baylor visit, which was her last visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom