Megan Walker Narrows her list of top schools | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Megan Walker Narrows her list of top schools

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
If it were an article about Walker, or an article about the current state of girls basketball with tidbits about all the regional players I would be more encouraged. Unfortunately it is a local paper writing about a local star freshman shining bright in the middle of 'nowhere' not at one of the prep powerhouses or in the big city public schools - the whole thing is focused on Brunelle, and in the middle there is a little bit about how she did against one of the nations best juniors and seeing how she compares. So in the middle of this nice story about a very young star in the making, is a one sentence bombshell in terms of girls HS basketball recruiting. I don't think the reporter realized it was a bombshell or he would have run with it in a much more prominent position, and I sure don't think Hatfield who is the quoted source, meant to release such a bombshell if he did in fact do so, because he too would have released it in a bigger way if it was his intention to break news.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Not sure how to answer this. Assuming he's actually heard this info, I guess he felt like mentioning it in passing while talking about Walker during an interview pertaining to Brunelle. What other reason could there be?

It is a local paper. Perhaps he was asked more about Walker by the columnist than what is in the article, then gave the info.
Actually, Notre Dame is pronounced UConn when French is spoken with a Southern Drawl. It's bedtime.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The translation of the full name is a rather wimpy Our Lady of the Lake. :D

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
I don't think the reporter realized it was a bombshell or he would have run with it in a much more prominent position, and I sure don't think Hatfield who is the quoted source, meant to release such a bombshell if he did in fact do so, because he too would have released it in a bigger way if it was his intention to break news.

I went back and checked. Hatfield is quite familiar with Walker and Monacan. He's tweeted about both before and covered Monacan's title run this year. He also tweeted this five days ago:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Conjecture is the spice of the off season, be it about NFL quarterback trade, of a UConn WCBB commit. Was it last fall's First Night or the prior which was the occasion of her first unofficial? The timing of this one is a little strange, but you never know these kids schedules and they can get highly committed and this was a time slot that worked. It is easy to conjecture that she has recently felt strongly the tug of becoming a Husky and is coming back for a confirming look, wanting to put the whole recruiting thing in the rear view mirror. I refuse to conjecture anything else.

JS

Reaction Score
It is easy to conjecture that she has recently felt strongly the tug of becoming a Husky and is coming back for a confirming look, wanting to put the whole recruiting thing in the rear view mirror. I refuse to conjecture anything else.
Not a bad conjecture. However, the timing doesn't seem so spontaneous as you suggest, Rocky. It is, and likely has been for some time: (1) watch the tournament, esp. the Final Four (initially presumed to include UConn and ND), then (2) pay a visit to refresh recollections, visit with the team, talk some talk.

Lots to see in the tourney. How they play, how the players interact, what goes on on the bench. Maybe she noticed this moment, when a former walk-on from the end of the bench got on the board in the National Championship game.

polly-basket-jpeg.13030

HGN

Reaction Score
I don't know about you guys , I just simply hope Hatfield is right. Until a couple of days ago I had never heard of him. But I sure hope he knows what he is talking about.
A team of Walker/Gordon/Irwin/Dangerfield/KLS/Collier/Butler/Espinoza-Hunter/Bent/ and Ekmark has FF written all over them.

So I'm pulling for Hatfield. :D

Reaction Score
I question the legitimacy of the information, including it's source. Why would he drop this information?

Well it's always the goal of a reporter to break a big story but the fact that he said it in such a matter of fact way makes me believe the reporter in question simply misspoke..........believe me I certainly hope that I'm wrong about this!!!! PS: from what I have seen on social media, Walker and her family have been pretty tight lipped about her recruiting so surely this is just supposition on the part of the reporter

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Given that UConn gets the top player in the nation about 1/2 the time, it's not really a reach to say that it will be "hard to beat" UConn for any given one.

Reaction Score
Given that UConn gets the top player in the nation about 1/2 the time, it's not really a reach to say that it will be "hard to beat" UConn for any given one.

We can only hope! By the way Notre Dame gets more then their fair share of top players!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
We can only hope! By the way Notre Dame gets more then their fair share of top players!
Recent history - yes, but not if you go back a few years. Turner is probably the only #1, can't remember where Diggins was ranked, but the top five kind of players have not been beating a path to ND's door until really the start of their FF run.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
What position does Walker project to play at the next level?

HGN

Reaction Score
Victor , I would suspect the wing or 2-guard spot...........However , Geno and UConn tends to move it's players around to put them in the best spot to be successful./ So from time to time , she could be at pg or the 4-spot.

Reaction Score
IMO, she's a pure wing. Kind of a hybrid 2 and 3. Very similar skill set to Maya Moore and to me seems to be a little better ball handler. Could probably play some PG if needed.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Oh, I know and I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that whether this Hatfield fellow has credible info or not, he's hardly going out on a limb making UConn the favorite.

N.B. - I reserve the right to start complaining depending on what happens between now and signing day for the '17 class. :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Victor , I would suspect the wing or 2-guard spot......However , Geno and UConn tends to move it's players around to put them in the best spot to be successful./ So from time to time , she could be at pg or the 4-spot.

Spot on! Other than PG everything gets very fluid at UConn. Still, even knowing that, I guess we have to know where they are going to stand at tip off. :cool:

Reactions: HGN

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Was hoping for a 5. Not many on the roster now or coming in the future.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Can anyone speak to the differences between MW and Lexi Gordon (skill set, style, physical attributes, etc.)?

Reaction Score
If Megan Walker signs with Uconn I hope we can also snag Transfer Azura Stevens could be a good fit for 2017 with shooters all over the court. Dangerfield Lexi KLS AEH Irwin Nurse Ekmark

Reaction Score
Geno loves versatility on both Defense and offense and as such you will be able to have Walker, Gordon and AEH on the court at the same time with all 3 being able to cut to the basket, shoot the mid range and the 3...

Reaction Score
Oh, I know and I'm not complaining. I'm just saying that whether this Hatfield fellow has credible info or not, he's hardly going out on a limb making UConn the favorite.

N.B. - I reserve the right to start complaining depending on what happens between now and signing day for the '17 class. :D

Don't complain...............I think that Young may be every bit as good as Walker when it's all said and done..........and BTW Boley is no slouch!!!!!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So Walker is visiting this coming weekend?

Actually, and you have to keep this on the QT, the entire UConn campus and all on campus are being teleported to her hometown... actually about 7 miles out of town in abandoned tobacco fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom