Looks like MAL is down to uconn and pc | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Looks like MAL is down to uconn and pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Ed Cooley has won only 1 NCAA tournament game in 10 years as a head coach. That's probably why Providence underperformed last season. Not trying to be cruel, but it is what it is.

Reaction Score
Ed Cooley has won only 1 NCAA tournament game in 10 years as a head coach. That's probably why Providence underperformed last season. Not trying to be cruel, but it is what it is.

He's only been there for 5 years and has had them ranked much of the past few years, and won the Big East Tournament 2 years ago. I don't think they underperformed as a whole. Unless you're claiming that they choked last year, but regardless, they lost to a great team.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me but I don't think Friar J is being as abhorrent as some of you are making him out to be.

Everyone just chill. I think it's all this Big 12 stuff that has everyone on edge.

If we get MAL, great. If not, I'm sure Ollie will find someone else very capable of playing at a high level and playing his system. He's brought in Jalen and Alterique. It's all good.

Reaction Score
Maybe it's just me but I don't think Friar J is being as abhorrent as some of you are making him out to be.

Everyone just chill. I think it's all this Big 12 stuff that has everyone on edge.

If we get MAL, great. If not, I'm sure Ollie will find someone else very capable of playing at a high level and playing his system. He's brought in Jalen and Alterique. It's all good.

We may not agree on PED's but I was waiting to throw a post like this up, spot on Vike. Friar J is fine, Dunn chose to go to PC because Cooley did a great job and nothing else matters. He was a CT kid who ended up being a player and give Cooley and PC credit for that it happens.

Now lets play basketball in 16-17 huh?;)

N

NotBlueOlliewood

I have no problem with you trolling and defending your program in here, if you wasn't so phony about it. There are moments where I feel that you're not a bad poster at all, only to check the PC message boards and watch you bash this forum. Upstater wrote his opinion on Dunn, people on here disagreed with him, but hey guys, look at The Boneyard, these clowns are saying they never offered Dunn. I'll give you props though, you have people actually defending you too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I know you really want Dunn to be about your staff beating our staff, because those kinds of little victories are like winning a championship to you, but that wasn't the case. Who knows? Maybe you guys will get MAL and you can have a medal made up for you guys:

participation-trophy-300x271.jpg

That would be really nice for you.

Reaction Score
PC fans are theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee worrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrst.. The amount of butt-hurt envy I've felt from that fan base for 20 years is just startling.. It's sad to be honest.

CL82

Reaction Score
Hookers and blow?

Reaction Score
I still don't get why a Providence fan is still hanging out here on a UConn board. Will he be here 10 years after we let THEM have the BigEast name?

Reaction Score
Hey FriarJ, other than whether UConn did, or didn't offer Dunn, more important is I recall our daughters got married 3 years ago around the same time.
Question is, any grandkids yet? Mine delivered twins in May. Much more fun than speculating over Dunn's recruitment 5 years ago.

Reaction Score

We like that your fans bring up Ernie D & Larry Kevirtis (*WTF) ... in a era that we draw 8000 to see Ray Allen, Andre Drummond, Rudy Guy, Kemba. See ... we don't think you are Maine or New Hampshire; but more the relic like Holy Cross. You are wishing we decline to your annual level; and we despise you for that thinking. (as we fight to rise beyond that)

I see little reason to play PC ... when we are squeezing MSG games in with Syracuse; desiring to play Villanova or Georgetown occasionally; and a few National games. (Ohio State, Duke, Gonzaga, North Carolina, Michigan State) We don't play - primarily - because you aren't very high on the priority list given we have limited room in OOC. That simple.

CL82

Reaction Score
You bought it because allowed you to continue to capitalize upon the success that others (namely UConn) had in the conference.

The relationship is explained more fully in the link below.

Link

CL82

Reaction Score
No need. When you have achievements, you don't need to buy a name to cover up the lack of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom