Looks like MAL is down to uconn and pc | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Looks like MAL is down to uconn and pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I really don't care that we missed out on Dunn because we won a chip in that time. Sure last two years we could have used him but don't think that would led us to a title anyway.

N

NotBlueOlliewood

Dunn told me personally that UConn didn't recruit him hard, something that still pisses me off. Ricardo Ledo stated the same thing, but I guess we made up those interviews. Coach Calhoun had an prior commitment from Omar (him and KD didn't really like each other either), and he was heavy with Archie Goodwin and Rodney Purvis. Dunn blew up after his PC commitment, but props to Ed Cooley. He was recruiting him way before the hype, and it paid off. Reminds me of Romar at Washington with Markelle Fultz.

MAL impressed me at the Big Strick Classic, and transferring to Brewster will pay dividends to his game. He'll be a good pickup for both programs.

Reaction Score
I really don't care that we missed out on Dunn because we won a chip in that time. Sure last two years we could have used him but don't think that would led us to a title anyway.

Is your criterion for whether we could have benefited from a recruit whether it would have led to a championship?

We just experienced probably the worst 2-year stretch in this program's history since the 80's. Whether we would have won a championship or not, I would have rather had Dunn.

Reaction Score
Is your criterion for whether we could have benefited from a recruit whether it would have led to a championship?

We just experienced probably the worst 2-year stretch in this program's history since the 80's. Whether we would have won a championship or not, I would have rather had Dunn.

Which 2 years was the worst stretch since the 80s? IMO 2015 + 2016 was better than 2012 + 2013 which was better than 2007 + 2008

Reaction Score

I'll take a National Championship in 2014 followed by those two "worst years" followed by a top 10 recruiting class over landing Dunn in 2012.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Yeah, I'll take a championship in 2014, and the years we had in 2015 and 2016 over a recruit any day.
We all recognize this is a false dichotomy though, right? Could've had a title and Dunn both.

Oh well -- no real complaints. I just hope we get better at landing the local talents as they pop up.

Reaction Score

Please enlighten me ...

What kind of child hangs out - seemingly endlessly - on a Fan Board of a Program where (i.) we might not play each other for another half decade; (ii.) we rarely compete for the same recruits; (iii.) we UConnFans rarely will look at your Standings chart any longer; and (iv.) WE don't even think of Providence the City any longer.

This is past your expiration date Milk Boy.

Reaction Score
We all recognize this is a false dichotomy though, right? Could've had a title and Dunn both.

Oh well -- no real complaints. I just hope we get better at landing the local talents as they pop up.

I get your point and I agree but a Dunn commitment could have altered the team in many ways -
  • TSam may not commit and he played an important role in the run to the title.
  • Dunn could have hurt the team chemistry
  • He could have taken some of Boats or Giffeys minutes in the tourney.

Its possible we could have won with him but what we do know for a fact is we won without him.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
I get your point and I agree but a Dunn commitment could have altered the team in many ways -
  • TSam may not commit and he played an important role in the run to the title.
  • Dunn could have hurt the team chemistry
  • He could have taken some of Boats or Giffeys minutes in the tourney.

Its possible we could have won with him but what we do know for a fact is we won without him.
For sure -- I wouldn't change it, if I had access to the wayback machine. But everybody talking with certainty that it's an either/or situation confuses me.

Reaction Score

True - mainly disagreed with the notion that a recruit is better than a three year span that included a championship.

Reaction Score
We were in on Dunn until Omar committed, as far as I remember. Then we pretty much cut off contact. But our interest was real before that.

Good point on Omar, I had completely forgotten about him. Oddly, both guys - Omar and Dunn - were injured the year we won the title. Theoretically, we could have had Dunn rather than Omar and the only thing that would have changed would have been 2015 and 2016. But I love Omar, and nobody could have predicted the injuries - as a freshman, he was actually a more effective player than Dunn.

Still, no doubt a miss by the staff, even if you could use the whole butterfly effect thing to say it actually helped us.

Reaction Score
I don't get PC pull on these big time guards, every criticism about Dunn was his coaching and system, basically not showing his full repertoire. That is one excuse I don't want to hear about our next first round pick.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Napier may be the most decorated impact player, but once in a lifetime he wasn't. We've had KEA & Kemba recently too. It's the program.

Reaction Score
Seriously what @ u= c× k .... the mix of guys we had = a title. Who cares after that. PC is at best a short ugly uconn lite who took a real fall skateboarding in the 6th grade and probably had a mom who did not mind a drink when she was 7 month pregnant with pc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom