Looks like MAL is down to uconn and pc | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Looks like MAL is down to uconn and pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm wondering if maybe there's a little pressure being put on Mal, particularly with Scruggs visit. Mal has said all along that he's waiting until late to make his decision. I don't think the staff wants to wait forever on Mal and then get stuck with nothing, and Mal just got squeezed out of Louisville with their commitment. He may be starting to realize he could get squeezed out here too, and then there won't even be a decision for him to make.

Or maybe it's the staff who tells him they have to take a commit if Scruggs wants to come, or maybe they tell Mal they can only hold Scruggs off for so long and he (mal) needs to move up his visit and make a decision quickly or Scruggs (or someone else) could get his spot.

All pure speculation, but I'm guessing things are going to start happening pretty soon.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering if maybe there's a little pressure being put on Mal, particularly with Scruggs visit. Mal has said all along that he's waiting until late to make his decision. I don't think the staff wants to wait forever on Mal and then get stuck with nothing, and Mal just got squeezed out of Louisville with their commitment. He may be starting to realize he could get squeezed out here too, and then there won't even be a decision for him to make.

Or maybe it's the staff who tells him they have to take a commit if Scruggs wants to come, or maybe they tell Mal they can only hold Scruggs off for so long and he (mal) needs to move up his visit and make a decision quickly or Scruggs (or someone else) could get his spot.

All pure speculation, but I'm guessing things are going to start happening pretty soon.

This is the part of recruiting that I will never understand and I feel like unless you're involved in the process you'll never really know. It'd be cool if a retired coach did a piece on the juggling act.

Reaction Score

Best sign so far is UConn moving into the OV slot left open by Louisville. That's a clear indication that things are starting to move fast.

Reaction Score
He scheduled a visit a week after so he obviously has some interest.
Sure, but it doesn't make much logical sense to think there is a greater chance we sign him than all the other schools recruiting him combined, especially since they have been recruiting him longer.

Reaction Score
Feel free to come back and kill me for it if I'm wrong, but this is feeling like a done deal. Mass Rivals kid, UConn fan growing up, Vital talking to him on twitter, all of our insiders hinting that something could be imminent...hopefully we get a verbal next weekend...if not, Cooley will still have to make a hell of a pitch.

Reaction Score
So kindly shut the hell up and go away, because no matter how much joy you get out of getting a rise from us here, we enjoy the trophies infinitely more.

Back to discussing MAL...

Feel the buuuurrrrnnn!!!!

Reaction Score
Best sign so far is UConn moving into the OV slot left open by Louisville. That's a clear indication that things are starting to move fast.
Help an old guy out. I can usually figure these things out after a while. But this ones got me. What is OV an acronym for? Thanks.

C

Chief00

I've been hearing very Pro Mal and UConn report all week

I agree - although in hindsight some posters here will now say it should be expected and everyone knew he was coming here.

C

Chief00

How can he possibly have fun with Bunky gone?

Road trip - I am he
Glen is jazzing up his famous tour of facilities - adding
Chief predicted a commitment soon so he will be right again.
Ok - the reason why I said soon and not a name - although they play different positions is that we were waiting to see if Ham would reclassify and if that did not happen the full court press on Mal. Given when school starts this would play out soon. I don't know if he will act on them, but there are both NBA and overseas options for Ham now that he is apparently waiting another year. Not reclassifying probably drops Ham's chance of going to college by 20-30% and if you consider UK to be a 1 and done version of the NBA fast track minor league - then there is maybe only a 30% chance Ham will go to a traditional college (not UK). Not something to plan around for UConn. Larrier has the potential to go pro as does possibly Adams. Not recommended in my view but you know how that goes - how well the player and team is doing at the end of the season. So it starts to be a numbers game for next season - got to keep the pipeline going.

Reaction Score
Road trip - I am he
Glen is jazzing up his famous tour of facilities - adding

Ok - the reason why I said soon and not a name - although they play different positions is that we were waiting to see if Ham would reclassify and if that did not happen the full court press on Mal. Given when school starts this would play out soon. I don't know if he will act on them, but there are both NBA and overseas options for Ham now that he is apparently waiting another year. Not reclassifying probably drops Ham's chance of going to college by 20-30% and if you consider UK to be a 1 and done version of the NBA fast track minor league - then there is maybe only a 30% chance Ham will go to a traditional college (not UK). Not something to plan around for UConn. Larrier has the potential to go pro as does possibly Adams. Not recommended in my view but you know how that goes - how well the player and team is doing at the end of the season. So it starts to be a numbers game for next season - got to keep the pipeline going.
UK is not only a minor league for the NBA, it also offers kids NBA type money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom