CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'd say so...
ph-making-headlines.jpg

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
As Mick said at Altamont "people, people why are we fighting?" Three pages on Kris Dunn's recruitment? Truly the dog days of summer. FriarJ , you know why UConn won't schedule PC. Everyone on this board knows why. BecausePC has more to gain playing that game then UConn does so UConn won't schedule it. That's the way it works in college sports. It happened to UConn all the time when they started getting good under Calhoun. So, you can complain about the lack of a UConn-PC game but until it benefits both teams (meaning you guys have to do some damage during March Madness first) your complaint will fall on deaf ears.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've got no room to hate or even strongly dislike PC. I just don't. It's a nice school, 20 minutes from my house and I miss the games at the Dunk. They've had some solid teams, and even when they didn't they were never easy to beat and rose to the occasion against UConn several times. Depending on the outcome of the next few weeks, we are either going to have very few local games and will need more; we will be in a league with PC again; or we will need to prop up our OOC schedule to ridiculous heights to make up for the AAC suckitude. So I can see room for PC on the schedule in the future.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, not seeing PC as a particularly big draw.

CL82

Reaction Score
Not really. We are still in the same conference in which we earned all of those trophies. You realize that you are in a start up conference right?

CL82

Reaction Score
Nah, you are just another New England program trying to hold on to past successes that few actually remember. Pretty much the same as scheduling Holy Cross or UMass. I suspect the vast majority of people aren't sure if PC is a branch campus of URI.
Which of the 21 national championships are you referring to? Or are you referring to all of them?

CL82

Reaction Score
I can see why you'd be reluctant to put any weight on a history of success, that's not a metric PC does well in. Much better to hope that "this year is going to be the year" when it all comes together. I'm not sure that rest of college sports feels that way though.

Reaction Score
Congratulations on your membership with the Big East, you'll continue to enjoy a modicum of credibility based on the accomplishments of others.

It's interesting that you don't realize how stupid this makes you look. To mock UConn fans, when your school is paying us for the privilege of continuing to enjoy the legacy we were paramount in establishing shows an incredible amount of stupidity.

Given the choice between having UConn's resume and being stuck in the AAC, vs. having PC's resume, and being in the Big East, well...only an alum would choose the latter. That's why we have fans all over the country, and you have fans all over Cumberland, RI.

Reaction Score

I see Kevin Ollie as a great transition from a legendary coach. How often has that happened in the last 30 years? Even with the CR mess we find ourselves in ... we are still fighting at a level that WE can win a National Championship in a given year. EVIDENCE? I don't think 2014 is really past history when this is the topic; that excellent run through March Madness is eminently relevant.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
FPC. They would never play UConn in the 60's and 70's when they were good even though they were just a short drive away.

CL82

Reaction Score
Go back reread the posts, realize that you are a guest on a UConn board, and rethink who is flaming.

You are a decent guest typically, but coming on the board to talk crap about UConn isn't going to be well received, particularly while the Big 12 expansion is still up in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom