Looks like MAL is down to uconn and pc | The Boneyard

Looks like MAL is down to uconn and pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yup and just like that those wizards over at 247 are changing their Louisville picks to uconn...must be all that insider info that they have

Reaction Score
If you're a PC fan, you're probably hoping this is Kris Dunn all over again. All signs point to UConn, but the logistics are similar: Adams and Gilbert are both lead guards who will have a combined five years of eligibility remaining when MAL plays his first college game.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Reaction Score
If you're a PC fan, you're probably hoping this is Kris Dunn all over again. All signs point to UConn, but the logistics are similar: Adams and Gilbert are both lead guards who will have a combined five years of eligibility remaining when MAL plays his first college game.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Except UConn didn't offer Dunn. Heck, UConn didn't even have a scholarship for Drummond initially.

Reaction Score
Except UConn didn't offer Dunn. Heck, UConn didn't even have a scholarship for Drummond initially.

Dunn was 2012, Drummond ended up being 2011. We definitely would have had a scholarship for him.

Reaction Score
He's ours.

You'd take him over Waters? Or is it just a matter of who commits first? I was hoping against all odds we would land both of them, but even getting just one of the two is a pretty big deal considering it will be the third highly rated point guard on the team.

Reaction Score
I was wrong about that. Yet, about Dunn, almost to a man, all the people who give insight to the staff on recruiting stated that Dunn was never offered.
Both ESPN and 247 listed a UConn offer for Dunn

Reaction Score
Both ESPN and 247 listed a UConn offer for Dunn

I just posted a direct quote from Dunn saying that UConn hadn't contacted him in the 2 months prior to his commitment, and it also said his other offers were schools other than UConn.

Reaction Score

"The other schools that offered scholarships, according to Dunn, were Pittsburgh, Georgetown and Louisville. Dunn said the last time he spoke to someone from UConn was assistant coach Kevin Ollie at an AAU Tournament in Las Vegas in mid-July."

Quibble then with "According to Dunn."

UConn sure could have used him. Terence Samuel ended up being Napier's backup.

Reaction Score
"The other schools that offered scholarships, according to Dunn, were Pittsburgh, Georgetown and Louisville. Dunn said the last time he spoke to someone from UConn was assistant coach Kevin Ollie at an AAU Tournament in Las Vegas in mid-July."

Quibble then with "According to Dunn."

UConn sure could have used him. Terence Samuel ended up being Napier's backup.
I'd take Dunn over ESPN, but why would ESPN report an offer?

Reaction Score
I'd take Dunn over ESPN, but why would ESPN report an offer?

ESPN/247/Scout do this all the time, don't they? Because the only way they report it is if the player says, "I got an offer." Or someone said they gave an offer. It is inexact. Why? Because short of KNOWING an offer was given because the player is on an official visit, the schools can't comment.

Reaction Score
You'd take him over Waters? Or is it just a matter of who commits first? I was hoping against all odds we would land both of them, but even getting just one of the two is a pretty big deal considering it will be the third highly rated point guard on the team.
Some people seem to be in the MAL camp while others are Waters. I'd be happy with either. MAL has a few inches on Waters but people are worried that MAL can't shoot. They're both great prospects but it seems like KO is prioritizing MAL so I'll trust his judgement.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I just posted a direct quote from Dunn saying that UConn hadn't contacted him in the 2 months prior to his commitment, and it also said his other offers were schools other than UConn.

We were in on Dunn until Omar committed, as far as I remember. Then we pretty much cut off contact. But our interest was real before that.

Reaction Score
Was this the time period when the whole APR ban was playing out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom