Looks like MAL is down to uconn and pc | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Looks like MAL is down to uconn and pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Seriously what @ u= c× k .... the mix of guys we had = a title. Who cares after that. PC is at best a short ugly uconn lite who took a real fall skateboarding in the 6th grade and probably had a mom who did not mind a drink when she was 7 month pregnant with pc..
Tell us how you really feel lol this was not taken with a grain of salt that's for sure !

Reaction Score

Dunns biggest knocks was he was put in a system where he couldn't run (as many as uconns) high pnr nearly enough, and it's often curtailed his ability to show his other offense abilities like (not just threading needles, but jumpers when turning the corner. And passing metrics are hard to gauge , many players have a propensity to hunt them . Forget assists , extra passes/entry passes/ and skip ones to weak side shooters are what I mean. There's a reason pcs offence was a dumpster fire , even being led by the best pg in the land.

Reaction Score
Dunns biggest knocks was he was put in a system where he couldn't run (as many as uconns) high pnr nearly enough, and it's often curtailed his ability to show his other offense abilities like (not just threading needles, but jumpers when turning the corner. And passing metrics are hard to gauge , many players have a propensity to hunt them . Forget assists , extra passes/entry passes/ and skip ones to weak side shooters are what I mean. There's a reason pcs offence was a dumpster fire , even being led by the best pg in the land.

I'd sort of be inclined to take the middle between where you and Friar stand. You're right that PC runs a lot of flex action and underperformed offensively last season, but the PC staff still gets a ton of credit for the player Dunn turned into and I can see why MAL (similarly ranked by the services, local kid just like Dunn, similar physical profile...) would see the appeal in following in his footsteps. I mean, offense didn't hold him back that much when he was a first team AA and top 5 pick even at what, 22?

Reaction Score
He runs inefficient pick n rolls congrats. Oh and PC offense was a dumpster fire because of how bad the players were?a number of scouts cited pcs system as a hinderence, they all thought he should have been more prolific.

Reaction Score
I think you guys are overcomplicating the discussion. Over the period 2013-16 would I rather:

A) Have Kris Dunn
B) Not have Kris Dunn

I would go with A. That's all.

The discussion is not "would I give up the last 4 years to take a chance on something different".

That said, the last two years, which were well below the program's standard, would have been much better with Dunn than without him. That point isn't really debatable.

Reaction Score
Pick n rolls whether initial or secondary are basketball actions that create imbalance for set defenses. Being an elite pick n roll player you should be able drag a team to atleast average offense . Full disclosure I'm a Dunn fan and a strong proponent of Rubio being moved

Reaction Score
Is your criterion for whether we could have benefited from a recruit whether it would have led to a championship?

We just experienced probably the worst 2-year stretch in this program's history since the 80's. Whether we would have won a championship or not, I would have rather had Dunn.

Actually, re-reading my post I can see how it could be misinterpreted.

I did not mean "whether we would have won a championship [in 2014] or not, I would have rather had Dunn". Obviously I'll take the 2014 championship.

I meant "whether the addition of Dunn would have resulted in a championship in 2015 or 2016 or not, I would have rather had Dunn", responding to the comment that "sure last two years we could have used him but don't think that would led us to a title anyway."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Who pretty desparately wanted to go to Storrs. I'd call it a swing and a miss by our staff. It happens. Congrats on being the rebound chick. It worked out for you.

Reaction Score
Who pretty desparately wanted to go to Storrs. I'd call it a swing and a miss by our staff. It happens. Congrats on being the rebound chick. It worked out for you.

This is nonsense. First of all, every independent recruiting site shows UConn as having offered Dunn. We gave a scholarship to RJ Evans that year. Dunn didn't come to UConn because the program was in a bad place, which sucks, but it is what it is. Did he make a mistake? Of course. He could have been on a title-winning team in 2014, and last year's team would have probably been top-10 last year with him. Instead he went and won a single NCAA tournament game in four seasons (the only tournament win for Providence since I was in middle school). Does Providence suck? Of course. Is FriarJ an annoying turd who won't be wiped off? Obviously. But let's not embarrass ourselves by pretending that UConn didn't offer a top-20 player in its own home state.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is nonsense. First of all, every independent recruiting site shows UConn as having offered Dunn. We gave a scholarship to RJ Evans that year. Dunn didn't come to UConn because the program was in a bad place, which sucks, but it is what it is. Did he make a mistake? Of course. He could have been on a title-winning team in 2014, and last year's team would have probably been top-10 last year with him. Instead he went and won a single NCAA tournament game in four seasons (the only tournament win for Providence since I was in middle school). Does Providence suck? Of course. Is FriarJ and annoying turd who won't be wiped off? Obviously. But let's not embarrass ourselves by pretending that UConn didn't offer a top-20 player in its own home state.
Mmm, I'm not that easily embarassed. I remember interest in Dunn falling off and Dunn reacting to it. He definitely was very hot on UConn for a long time.

Don't care enough to google it though. This is classic trolling. When your program hasn't won anything in decades, you find little victories where you can. I don't see the point in following him down the rabbit hole.

Reaction Score
This is nonsense. First of all, every independent recruiting site shows UConn as having offered Dunn. We gave a scholarship to RJ Evans that year. Dunn didn't come to UConn because the program was in a bad place, which sucks, but it is what it is. Did he make a mistake? Of course. He could have been on a title-winning team in 2014, and last year's team would have probably been top-10 last year with him. Instead he went and won a single NCAA tournament game in four seasons (the only tournament win for Providence since I was in middle school). Does Providence suck? Of course. Is FriarJ an annoying turd who won't be wiped off? Obviously. But let's not embarrass ourselves by pretending that UConn didn't offer a top-20 player in its own home state.
That's not at all how I remember things going down. RJ Evans committed to UConn a year after Dunn committed to PC.

Reaction Score
Mmm, I'm not that easily embarassed. I remember interest in Dunn falling off and Dunn reacting it. He definitely was very hot on UConn for a long time.

Don't care enough to google it though. This is classic trolling. When your program hasn't won anything in decades, you find little victories where you can. I don't see the point in following him down the rabbit hole.
Your memory of what happened is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom