DeLeone to Giants | Page 5 | The Boneyard

DeLeone to Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You have got to be kidding me with this post....

Not really. If you want, go back and look at the chat after the Syracuse game. He basically freaked out at the end, stated that "P had inherited a train wreck" and that he supported him fully, then he shut the whole thing down. It was like a macabre theater of the absurd.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We also hate him because he is a ****ty journalist.
I'm not going to defend Desmond Conner. It was a throw away comment. The man can obviously defend himself. However, my experience is that virtually everything he put out for publication is true.​

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Not really. If you want, go back and look at the chat after the Syracuse game. He basically freaked out at the end, stated that "P had inherited a train wreck" and that he supported him fully, then he shut the whole thing down. It was like a macabre theater of the absurd.

This is very true and should not be forgotten. That was the day Dez lost any remaining credibility.

Reaction Score
Desmond Conner may have personal opinions that differ from those of most of us on this board...but one thing he is DEFINITELY a legitimate journalist who checks his sources before putting something out with his name on it! I have had several disagreements with him on this staff...namely Matt Cersosimo...But he has been and always will be as professional as they come about being a legitimate journalist!

Reaction Score
This is very true and should not be forgotten. That was the day Dez lost any remaining credibility.

Pretty much. He actually Ed D telling him to cool it on twitter one day. At least DC puts emotion into his writing.

When P is shown the door, DC's meltdown will be incredibly enjoyable to watch.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
BACK ON TOPIC

For Crissakes, this is about the joy we all feel about the potential of getting a competent offense for the 2013 Season...
Has anyone else found a source to corroborate? Andrea Adelson, ESPN Big East Blogger, is having a chat at 4:00. She will most likely be inundated with Sugar Bowl questions but we can see if she's heard anything. Dan Graziano, NFC East Blogger, is probably busy with Eagles Coaching vacancies, but if we can find other sources, we should let it be known.

Obviously, having it plastered on the Sport page of the hometown newspaper's website by its only football-only scribe is not good enough.

pj

Reaction Score
Dez is a good journalist. I can overlook his allegiance to his sources which probably helps keep him employed. Just take everything he writes with a grain of salt, like that his source is leaving for a better pension.

Reaction Score
Desmond Conner may have personal opinions that differ from those of most of us on this board...but one thing he is DEFINITELY a legitimate journalist who checks his sources before putting something out with his name on it! I have had several disagreements with him on this staff...namely Matt Cersosimo...But he has been and always will be as professional as they come about being a legitimate journalist!

You must be selectively reading his stuff. Or missing the chats and the tweets. His personal feelings color his reporting. He basically apologized for DeLeone, because he supposed works 25 hours a day, as if that justifies have the worst offense in the BCS.

Reaction Score
@uconn80: Thank God DeLeone is gone now my boys can thrive in hopefully a spread offense

from Michael Smith himself.

It's going to be great to see Dez spin this.

Reaction Score
maybe they'll get DJ Hernandez from The U to run the O up here in CT

PS - saw him at Pats game in Foxboro Sun

#uconnpride

Reaction Score
@uconn80: Thank God DeLeone is gone now my boys can thrive in hopefully a spread offense

Ouch....love it. The body is not even cold yet and he gets slammed by a player. :cool:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Foley for OC, Hughes for DC.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score

Yeah, because the entire chat consisted of people like you saying, "DEZ, AGREE WITH ME THAT PP SHOULD BE FIRED, COME ON." He can't do that. He's a beat journalist. He can't just be a fan. It's a huge problem.

He got sick and tired of people who think they knew better and flew off the handle a little. Do I think he could do a better job handling people in chats? Absolutely. Do I think the people on this board act like adults all the time and treat him like a grownup? Not even close.

Do I think he has done a pretty good job covering the team over the last few years and writing pieces that help build up, rather than tear down, this program? I do.

At the end of the day, people here just want someone to be pissed off at. Pasqualoni, DeLeone, Des, it doesn't matter. We're a blame-first culture. We don't want complex problems about systemic cultural deficiencies with college football in the northeast. We want to watch someone burn, pitchforks in hand.

And, my friend, I'm sure you'll be leading the way.

Reaction Score

Oh please. I want him gone as badly as you do but if we're going to take every negative tweet or blog post by a current or former player as "proof," than we should just accept now that every coach will by that definition suck and get over it.i

Reaction Score

I guess one could say if the player caught the balls HE was suppose to catch - that would have been half the battle.

I'm sure this will enamor him to future coaches in the close knit NFL world.

Reaction Score

Wow, I guess the players felt the same way the fans did.

Reaction Score
You must be selectively reading his stuff. Or missing the chats and the tweets. His personal feelings color his reporting. He basically apologized for DeLeone, because he supposed works 25 hours a day, as if that justifies have the worst offense in the BCS.
No I get on the chats when I can and not only follow him on twitter but have gone at it with him several times about this staff. He has his personal view... justvlike you have yours and I have mine. But what I'm saying is that when he puts information out there he has double checked and confirmed it.

Reaction Score
It appears hes going somewhere or Mike is buying what Dez is selling

@uconn80: Thank God DeLeone is gone now my boys can thrive in hopefully a spread offense”

Reaction Score
Oh please. I want him gone as badly as you do but if we're going to take every negative tweet or blog post by a current or former player as "proof," than we should just accept now that every coach will by that definition suck and get over it.i

The thing is that his tweet is how most of the offensive players feel. By far. Never heard a whiff of any coach at UConn being disliked so much by his players.

Reaction Score

It's just proof of his own opinion. And it's consistent with the murmurs/rumors that others have heard all season through the usual grapevine. Which was that he hadn't bonded with the team, and that they didn't buy into his scheme- to put it mildly.

Reaction Score
Quite the quandary...
As a giants fan if he actually goes to the giants I will want to be euthanized, however, if hes still at UConn next year I will want to be as well.

That's the real quandary.

Reaction Score
I guess one could say if the player caught the balls HE was suppose to catch - that would have been half the battle.

I'm sure this will enamor him to future coaches in the close knit NFL world.

Can you honestly say that dropped passes is the reason we were 5-7 two years in a row. I can't remember even one game that there were so many drops it cost us a game.

Not sure Mike is NFL caliber anyways but NFL coaches could give two what college players say. If they are in camp you shut up and play 'cause if one day you could be gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom