DeLeone to Giants | Page 2 | The Boneyard

DeLeone to Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I will say this, any BCS OC would be a fool to not take a similar position in the NFL.

OC's and DC's egos always have them believing that they can always do more with better talent. And the talent level at the NFL is exponentially higher and more consistent than it is at college. Pay is usually better too.

Reaction Score
wait you mean my Eagles aren't lining him up for any HC interviews!? ;) This is great. I really don't have the problem others do with PP. My problems lied squarely on GDL. I sure hope this happens.

Here's the thing. We had a great D and a terrible O. So if we blame part of the O on PP then we need to also give him part of the credit for the D. PP is a CEO type coach. with a new Vice President of Offense, maybe our share price goes up a bit.

Reaction Score
the only thing GDL is good at is coaching TEs!

Its almost too good to be true. I really hope this goes through. Its Like a dark cloud being lifted from Storrs, and allowing sunlight and optimism to actually reach the program.:cool:

WM, If you really helped push this guy out quietly, God bless you. There is still hope.

Now if PP has any brains at all he will hire two, young, fiery, hungry coordinators, that will help to make his job easier, and inject some passion into the program. Gotta dish out some money. Now is the time to get two very strong recruiters with a ton of energy.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
the only thing GDL is good at is coaching TEs!

Its almost too good to be true. I really hope this goes through. Its Like a dark clouding being lifted from Storrs, and allowing sunlight and optimism to actually reach the program.:cool:

WM, If you really helped push this guy out quietly, God bless you. There is still hope.

Now if PP has any brains at all he will hire two, young, fiery, hungry coordinators, that will help to make his job easier, and inject some passion into the program. Gotta dish out some money. Now is the time to get two very strong recruiters with a ton of energy.

$10 says Griffin ends up a Giant in the 5th round if this comes to fruition.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
HOLY !!! My New Year couldn't have begun any better!! I wouldn't be upset if UConn paid this guy not to coach here, ala Jeff Hathaway's ridiculous $1 contract he signed with the NCAA Tourney Committee.

Reaction Score
Hope that it is true, looked for info on NYG sites and didn't see any. If true I guess I could live with PP and a few new staff members. Happy New Year to Us.

Reaction Score
Hell to the yeah!!! See P wasn't lying. NFL teams would LOVE to have GDL. Bye bye.

Reaction Score
God... do folks really not know how this business works? Soft landing...

BTW - the Giants lost their Assistant Offensive Line Coach to Temple.

Reaction Score
My God, please let this be true. Lift us up out of the darkness.

Reaction Score
If PP brings in another NFL guy for the OC position.......(doubtful)

Unfortunately we will probably see a pro style offense guy take the spot since that is what our QB's are except for McCummings.

Reaction Score
So our commits are thinking what? A lot of coaches lost and PP appears to be on shaky ground.
Looks like PP will get 3 more years due to the new coaches needing time to get their own players. :cool:

Reaction Score
So our commits are thinking what? A lot of coaches lost and PP appears to be on shaky ground.
Looks like PP will get 3 more years due to the new coaches needing time to get their own players. :cool:

This is the scary part (short term) of all of this guys...

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
$10 says Griffin ends up a Giant in the 5th round if this comes to fruition.

You're on! If GDL liked Griffin so much, why didn't he call his number more often?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom