DeLeone to Giants | Page 6 | The Boneyard

DeLeone to Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess one could say if the player caught the balls HE was suppose to catch - that would have been half the battle.

I'm sure this will enamor him to future coaches in the close knit NFL world.

Apologist.

Reaction Score
Can you honestly say that dropped passes is the reason we were 5-7 two years in a row. I can't remember even one game that there were so many drops it cost us a game.

Not sure Mike is NFL caliber anyways but NFL coaches could give two ****s what college players say. If they are in camp you shut up and play 'cause if one day you could be gone.

Geez - I remember quite a few over the middle passes where recievers had alligator arms. Same argument for GDL play-calling. First down here, first down there and it's a different story? Not a GDL fan but a marginal receiver calling out the coach in my opinion is bush.

... and if you don't think "attitude isn't looked @ in a draft war room - you're kidding yoursel. Especially with a fringe player.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
This is EXACTLY what UConn needed this offseason. GDL has drained our fanbase's excitement level for the last two years. This should re-engergize some folks into buying season tickets (along with our 2013 home schedule)!

pj

Reaction Score
Nope - on record that I wasn't a GDL fan.

Explain this one then.... sounds like others are mocking MS.

timwillman51 3:22pm via Twitter for iPhone
I really hope we bring in a coordinator that runs the triple option so our offense can be even more exciting and dynamic than ever

He's mocking someone, but probably not Smith. Remember when P & GDL said we want our offense to be exciting, we want to run up 500 yards passing, yet they ran a dated offense and ran 14 of 15 first downs?

Reaction Score
He's mocking someone, but probably not Smith. Remember when P & GDL said we want our offense to be exciting, we want to run up 500 yards passing, yet they ran a dated offense and ran 14 of 15 first downs?

It's pretty clear he is mocking P and D. They were the ones claiming that the wanted a dynamic "big play" offense. Pretty hard to do that when you are more predictable than a clock.

My guess is that the players would volunteer to help GDL clear out his office.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Poor Eli,what happened to Kevin Gilbride?

Reaction Score
I know Tim Willman is just being sarcastic, but the triple option would be more exciting.

Exactly. Triple Option would be an improvement over what we had the past season. Why can't we run the spread like everyone else? You really have to recruit top athletes to be successful with the pro style. I am sure GDL can do fine with all 4* and 5* athletes, but that's not reality. We need to look at programs like Boise and copy everything they are doing. You recruit the best you can and try to run an offense that will keep the other defenses guessing. If you can't recruit top players, you have to mix it up with some trickery etc.

GDL might do well in the pros, but he is horrible for the college game.

Reaction Score
I know Tim Willman is just being sarcastic, but the triple option would be more exciting.

I'm guessing he is mocking the offense. There is no way a current player is going ot slam PP's buddy.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
For what it's worth...

Andrea Adelson from ESPN:
Andrea Adelson​

(4:19 PM)

Only seem some reports on Twitter and one comment from Mike Smith on Twitter, though I am not sure if he knows it for sure or is just commenting on reports. I hope that is not confusing. Bottom line: I have not heard official word.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
For what it's worth...

Andrea Adelson from ESPN:
Andrea Adelson

(4:19 PM)

Only seem some reports on Twitter and one comment from Mike Smith on Twitter, though I am not sure if he knows it for sure or is just commenting on reports. I hope that is not confusing. Bottom line: I have not heard official word.
No surprise since her UC reporting is limited to reading Dez's posts and columns.

Reaction Score
PaulDoyle1 4:37pm via iOS
George DeLeone Leaving #UConn For Giants cour.at/WofhFP

Done... George DeLeone, UConn's offensive coordinator the past two seasons, will leave for a position with the Giants, according to sources. DeLeone is expected to fill the assistant offensive line coach position left vacant by Matt Rhule, who will coach at Temple.

geoffrey.gif

Reaction Score

Husky25

Reaction Score
PaulDoyle1 4:37pm via iOS
George DeLeone Leaving #UConn For Giants cour.at/WofhFP

Done... George DeLeone, UConn's offensive coordinator the past two seasons, will leave for a position with the Giants, according to sources. DeLeone is expected to fill the assistant offensive line coach position left vacant by Matt Rhule, who will coach at Temple.

View attachment 2024
I need a GIF of Will and Carlton doing the Jump On It dance...

Reaction Score
awesome, but a little worry since PP is the one in charge of finding the 2 replacements?

Husky25

Reaction Score
awesome, but a little worry since PP is the one in charge of finding the 2 replacements?
I hope PP acts as the "hiring manager" but Warde has the ultimate thumbs up/down.

Reaction Score
About time. Warde might be doing better than some people think.

Pasqualoni also is under pressure. UConn athletic director Warde Manuel made it clear to Pasqualoni he wants improvement after back-to-back 5-7 seasons. According to sources, in the end-of-the-season meeting between coach and AD, Manuel "suggested" a change in play-calling, DeLeone's primary role the past two seasons.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we need cuse or psu to take PP now or a pro team!!!!! coem on someone please make my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
I hope PP acts as the "hiring manager" but Warde has the ultimate thumbs up/down.

I wonder what input he could have. Really I don't think this turns things around in 1 year, but at least we might stumble onto a talented guy who gives us a chance. Or he might know another old friend who.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom