DeLeone to Giants | Page 7 | The Boneyard

DeLeone to Giants

Status
Not open for further replies.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Shhhhh. Nobody tell the Giants what GDL did to our O-Line this season until his office is officially cleared out.

Reaction Score
tumblr_mc9ebkpEjI1rii545o1_500.gif

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I would also like to add that splitting PP and GDL is like item #27 that UConn has accomplished that Syracuse has failed to do. The others being:

- Build a practice football facility;
- Build a football stadium that wasn't a dump;
- Win multiple Men's titles;
- Coach up players for the NBA;
- Not subject its fans to the zone defense endlessly;
- Not be in Syracuse;
- Improve academically;
- Actually be remotely close to NYC;
- Have a lame, but not utterly hideous mascot;
- Not be a color;
- Not be in Syracuse (did I mention that);

So far, and subject to change, Syracuse has:

- Good lacrosse;
- Better cover-ups;
- And a temporary life-raft.

Reaction Score
http://www.footballscoop.com/the-scoop

New York Giants: There are reports out there that Connecticut offensive coordinator George DeLeone is leaving to fill the vacant assistant offensive line position vacated by Matt Rhule. We have not confirmed. Update> Sources tells us these reports are not accurate.

Reaction Score
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'm will not be happy if this turns out to be the social media equivalen of the ole' For Sale sign on the lawn trick.

Reaction Score
He probably checked out this message board then changed his mind to get back at us. lol

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Delone will be the assistant offensive line coach, you didnt really think he going to be the OC?
With the Giants and their uncanny ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory you never know.

Reaction Score
I bet we can get attorney Irv Pinsky to sue Dez Connor and the Hartford Courant for 100 million dollars. This was a cruel and inhuman joke.

Reaction Score
Why would they duck with us like this? George, just leave you've done enough damage already.

Reaction Score
Unless Warde leaked this to Des to try and nudge Deleone out the door, I can't believe Des would report something like this without it being accurate. Really weird.

Reaction Score
Fire all of them and name Mickey Mouse the coach. At least we will have a good halftime show.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Just put the bullet back in the chamber

Reaction Score
Maybe both GDL and Dez will be gone after this fiasco.

The one positive out of this is that undoubtedly everyone is now aware of how unpopular GDL is amongst the UConn fan base.

Reaction Score
Maybe both GDL and Dez will be gone after this fiasco.

The one positive out of this is that undoubtedly everyone is now aware of how unpopular GDL is amongst the UConn fan base.
I think Dez's rep just might have gone down the drain too. What's good?

Reaction Score
WM seems to be doing a little better job than we give him credit for. This had to be the result of his conversation with PP where it was discussed that GDL, accept a mandatory demotion, from calling plays.

PP is not a bad coach, however, at this point, I just don't think that he is an exceptional or good coach. He only has himself to blame for where the team is. I think he knows defense, he would not have been promoted to the DC position for two major NFL franchises if he couldnt coach that side of the ball. But, the problem with his tenure at uconn came from his personal relationship with GDL and his favoritism towards his old pal. Giving GDL the OC position as a form of retirement prep reward with nice pay and benefits was a disaster. ( notice thats why GDL going to the Giants to prep for retirement benefits, his main priority),

GDL was not qualified to be the OC and had not coached that position for over 5 years and was really not effective at any other job as an OC ( where he was usually dismissed promptly, see ole miss and temple). This was a horrible biased decision based upon favortism and friendship. Could GDL be the TE coach sure, but OC? This stupidity Started to effect the football program the minute the hire was made. PP was filling out his staff and instead of going with the most qualified, he went with his pal and they were gonna build this Pro style offense, that neither of them had implemented for many years, but had been discussing and both would retire together in 5 years.

So GDL had no business getting that position in the first place, and the guy he replaced Joe Moorehead, was a better OC. Add injury to insult, with the fact that after last season, GDL indirectly or directly blames folely for the bad performance of the OL and decides to take over himself, and we get the complete disaster which came about. No wonder PP is far from loved in his home state. Because instead of rewarding achievement, ability, potential, he made a critical hire to his coaching staff based on his old boy network. He better get it together cause he's next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom