Big 12 votes to pursue expansion | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Big 12 votes to pursue expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
This is about right. If you take a visit to our CR board and read all the stories, this is what seems to be the direction things are headed. But being that the Big 12 is being run by people who have no clue, expect anything to happen.
I don't see them passing on UCF.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I guess it all depends on how much they value the NY-Boston market. If they do. then we come after BYU and probably Houston. If not, it is years more of listening to posters tout the Big East.

Reaction Score
What are the pros and cons for each demographic?

NY/Boston offers more densely populated cities. Florida market is more fanatical about college football, I'd assume. If it's simply eyes on tv sets, I don't see how you pass up the NY/BOS market.

Reaction Score
If the Big 12 expands to 4 and UConn isn't then either the Big 12 is either incredibly stupid or UConn didn't try hard enough to get us an invite.

Reaction Score
If the Big 12 expands to 4 and UConn isn't then either the Big 12 is either incredibly stupid or UConn didn't try hard enough to get us an invite.

Since we're guessing here before anything actually happens...I take the latter. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
Already backtracking.

Reaction Score
Already backtracking.

Not at all. If the Big 12 expands by 4, there's a 80-90% chance we're in. The only programs who are a threat to us for the 14th spot are Memphis and Colorado State.

Reaction Score
@JimOllie last I checked it was your great uncles brothers wife or something that was your source. Not saying you're wrong, but you talk about this with the conviction of a man that wakes up next to the commissioner every day.

Personally, I wouldn't know who my great uncle was if he showed up at my front door right now...but hopefully you have a close relationship with him.

You're so boneyard. Hope you're right.

Reaction Score
@JimOllie last I checked it was your great uncles brothers wife or something that was your source. Not saying you're wrong, but you talk about this with the conviction of a man that wakes up next to the commissioner every day.

Personally, I wouldn't know who my great uncle was if he showed up at my front door right now...but hopefully you have a close relationship with him.

You're so boneyard. Hope you're right.

My great uncle's cousin is married to the TCU AD. And yes, I do have a close relationship with my great uncle. He lives 2 houses away from me. Listen, I do not care if anyone wants to believe me or not. What I say is coming from an athletic director in the Big 12. If you guys don't think that's a good source, I'm not sure what is. I'll say it again: if the Big 12 expands by 2, our chances are slim. If they expand by 4, we have a very good chance to be in but nothing is definite.

Reaction Score
Jim, I don't trust your source enough. Tell your mom's aunt's receptionist's son to become the Texas AD's poolboy so he can start a tryst with his wife and we can get some more concrete info already. After all this goes the way Texas/OU want it to.

This CRap is frustrate!

Reaction Score
My great uncle's cousin is married to the TCU AD. And yes, I do have a close relationship with my great uncle. He lives 2 houses away from me. Listen, I do not care if anyone wants to believe me or not. What I say is coming from an athletic director in the Big 12. If you guys don't think that's a good source, I'm not sure what is. I'll say it again: if the Big 12 expands by 2, our chances are slim. If they expand by 4, we have a very good chance to be in but nothing is definite.
If you read the CR board they have come to the exact same conclusion through reading twitter and news tea leaves. None of this is new information. However, applying percentages to any of this crap is just ridiculous. You can't quantify probabilities with this stuff. Saying we're 80-90% in if it goes to 4 teams just isn't true. Let's just say we have a good shot and watch it all play out.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
1 in 100?

More like 1 in a million.

So your saying there's a chance!!!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

So basically, with your inside connection, you're reporting the exact same thing as every other human being on the planet.

Thanks.

Reaction Score
Does this dude know most here visit the sadness that is the CR board too? He's taking the exact info from their and throwing it on the bball board. Not sneaky playboi.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score

Wait, I thought you knew we were getting in??

Reaction Score
So basically, with your inside connection, you're reporting the exact same thing as every other human being on the planet.

Thanks.
Does this dude know most here visit the sadness that is the CR board too? He's taking the exact info from their and throwing it on the bball board. Not sneaky playboi.
What you guys aren't grasping is that just being on the same page of reality as the rest of humanity is a 1000x improvement over JimOllie's normal posts on this board. Let's cut him some slack, and hope that all his posts going forward are just repeating other people's thoughts instead of the thoughts his brain comes up with on its own.

Reaction Score
What you guys aren't grasping is that just being on the same page of reality as the rest of humanity is a 1000x improvement over JimOllie's normal posts on this board. Let's cut him some slack, and hope that all his posts going forward are just repeating other people's thoughts instead of the thoughts his brain comes up with on its own.

still going at it, eh?

Reaction Score
I don't think that the NY/Boston market is viewed as a strong college football market. If UCF and/or USF don't get an intive I will be both shocked and pissed.

C

Chief00

The so called locked team of Cincy is the one I don't understand. Travel partner for 1 team and teams that can't win in post season. Always will be overshadowed in OH by OSU. Their former President obviously did a great job on selling them.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
What about the football markets that "travel well?" How do they do that without feet? Like, duh.
Most realignment decisions are based on how many RV's show up at your football games. People who own RV's are not big fans of walking.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
The so called locked team of Cincy is the one I don't understand. Travel partner for 1 team and teams that can't win in post season. Always will be overshadowed in OH by OSU. Their former President obviously did a great job on selling them.
yes-i-m-mad-o.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak