Big 12 votes to pursue expansion | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Big 12 votes to pursue expansion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Dude...his cousin's brother's uber driver's mom's neighbor is the TCU AD. Give him a break.

You can make fun of my source all you want. He knows what he's talking about.

Reaction Score
Dude we are all aware of the conference realignment board. Every update you have is just parroting tweets posted over there. Someone will tweet something positive about UConn again tomorrow and you will say your source is hearing UConn is back to almost a sure thing.

Reaction Score
Dude we are all aware of the conference realignment board. Every update you have is just parroting tweets posted over there. Someone will tweet something positive about UConn again tomorrow and you will say your source is hearing UConn is back to almost a sure thing.

I haven't been on Twitter in a few days. Reading all these Big 12 tweets and all the different angles everyone has drives me crazy. None of what I'm saying is coming from Twitter. Trust me.

Reaction Score
I forgot about BYU which is also supposedly a strong possibility. I certainly hope not, as the conference already has one sanctimonious hypocritical Holy Roller school in Baylor. Don't really need another one.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Reaction Score

Considering he was saying the opposite before, he's either not a good source, or being a good source doesn't matter when the decision hasn't been made yet. In either case, the result is that his comments should not be taken as the gospel you were touting them as.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
The Big 12 is so unpredictable. Not surprised things changed.

Lol @ unpredictable .

There is nothing more predictable in the world than UConn getting passed over in P5 issues.

Reaction Score
Why when both USF and UCF are at best fourth and fifth options in their home state. Neither school brings in a bunch of eyes, period .

UCF is a sleeping giant, to some extent. 2nd largest enrollment in the US and has a huge alumni base. Orlando is a growing area and the local alumni and city would love to have a team other than FSU or UF to back and cheer for.

Dont sleep on the potential of UCF.

Reaction Score
I have not weighed in on this I don't think but it blows my mind that these leagues expand to places like Memphis and Cincinnatti and Pittsburgh based on current or past football success and overlook that UConn has NYC AND Boston and so many good sports programs and if you bump the league up to a Big 12 or ACC, the football would be equivalent or close to these schools.

The leagues are so short-sighted and looking at the past. I live down here in Florida and I'd rather add the potential of a school like UCF (which is a long way off) over Memphis and Cincy and Pitt but behind a state school with NYC ties like UConn.

I wonder what kind of closers we have because I'm just mystified about the schools we lose to and look like it may happen again.

Reaction Score
Can someone give me a tl;dr why UConn is now screwed? Thanks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UCF is a sleeping giant, to some extent. 2nd largest enrollment in the US and has a huge alumni base. Orlando is a growing area and the local alumni and city would love to have a team other than FSU or UF to back and cheer for.

Dont sleep on the potential of UCF.

For the 27th time...

The "huge enrollment" is split over 13 commuter campuses.

Commuter students in Daytona, Cocoa Beach, South Lake, etc., are not going to turn into some massive UCF fan base. It hasn't happened because it won't happen.

In a state with Florida, Florida State and Miami, there is no pent-up demand for UCF athletics - they are the fourth nipple of Florida college athletics.

Reaction Score
because we don't have a good football team.
Oh yes football has stunk for the past 5 years but I figured the B12 realized this. It just seems that there has been a shift in perception of our situation the past couple days and I was curious as to why.

Reaction Score
For the 27th time...

The "huge enrollment" is split over 13 commuter campuses.

Commuter students in Daytona, Cocoa Beach, South Lake, etc., are not going to turn into some massive UCF fan base. It hasn't happened because it won't happen.

In a state with Florida, Florida State and Miami, there is no pent-up demand for UCF athletics - they are the fourth nipple of Florida college athletics.

I've been trying to google the actual enrollment at the main campus with no luck. I'm very curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom