Zags: Mustapha Heron transferring | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Zags: Mustapha Heron transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SJU thinks he's going there if he gets past their clearing house
St John' us just as easy to get too as Uconn from Waterbury..my guess is big East ..St John..

Reaction Score
Hurley was up front and honest with them and released all 3 from their LOIs well in advance of the Spring signing period, giving them plenty of time to find new homes at the many DI programs still looking to fill out their 2018–19 rosters.

Apples and oranges.

This seems cut and dry. I did not give a when Edsall ran off that kid from Jersey and I imagine the same for you.

Reaction Score
I read last week that our roster is the worst we've had in thirty years. Now we're one player away from a Final 4 run?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the correct answer is somewhere in the middle.
I’ve never said the former so. Jalen Adams is special, Heron is special, rique healthy is special. We’ve seen in the past what 3 special players and a hungry supporting cast can pull off

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I’ve never said the former so.

You should read the-boneyard.com more often.

Jalen Adams is special, Heron is special, rique healthy is special. We’ve seen in the past what 3 special players and a hungry supporting cast can pull off

And there are plenty of teams with three special players and "hungry" supporting casts who fizzle out well before then.

The three players you mentioned are very talented. Just because they play for the same program that Kemba/Shabazz and Boat/Lamb did doesn't mean they can recreate their performance next year.

FWIW -- nobody on the current roster has the postseason experience that anyone on the "3 special players and a hungry supporting cast" did. That was a vital part of the runs we were lucky enough to experience.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Jamaica, Queens is not even close to as easy to get to from Waterbury as UConn.
Plus half of our games are in Hartford. You can get to Hartford from Waterbury in less than 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
You should read the-boneyard.com more often.

And there are plenty of teams with three special players and "hungry" supporting casts who fizzle out well before then.

The three players you mentioned are very talented. Just because they play for the same program that Kemba/Shabazz and Boat/Lamb did doesn't mean they can recreate their performance next year.

FWIW -- nobody on the current roster has the postseason experience that anyone on the "3 special players and a hungry supporting cast" did. That was a vital part of the runs we were lucky enough to experience.
I don’t think I disagree with you. In no way would a final four run be definite or even likely. But it’d definitely be possible with those 3 imo

pj

Reaction Score
I read last week that our roster is the worst we've had in thirty years. Now we're one player away from a Final 4 run?

If Auburn had been able to pair Heron with Josh Carlton and Kassoum Yakwe, they might have made it too!

C

Chief00

Every coach finds room if a major talent wants to join the team. My guess is he goes to St. John's but it's already been stated there is a player who is not in good academic standing.

Don't know why you guys are pretending that finding room for more talent would be some new shady practice when our legendary coach and every other coach does it.

You always find room for talent. With Larrier leaving, a guy who averaged 16 points per game in the SEC would be a good fit. Of course, you need to do your due diligence on other stuff. I believe he is pretty friendly with Jalen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
I don't think it'd be reaching to say we could be a top 25 team at some point next year if you add Heron into the fold*. I'm certainly in favor of this, regardless of if it means pushing someone out, so I hope Hurley is reaching out.

*If Alterique is healthy all year.

Reaction Score
I don't think it'd be reaching to say we could be a top 25 team at some point next year if you add Heron into the fold*. I'm certainly in favor of this, regardless of if it means pushing someone out, so I hope Hurley is reaching out.

*If Alterique is healthy all year.
Possible but soooo much to depend on

Reaction Score
Lololololol i just flatlined @final 4 run comment
It boggles my mind how UConn fans can have so little faith. If you have dynamic guards in college basketball(JA, Rique,Heron) combined with a strong defense you can make noise. It’s not far fetched

Reaction Score
It boggles my mind how UConn fans can have so little faith. If you have dynamic guards in college basketball(JA, Rique,Heron) combined with a strong defense you can make noise. It’s not far fetched
we also forget how spoiled we are sometimes. Final Fours and National Championships aren't supposed to be as easy as we've made it look

Reaction Score
we also forget how spoiled we are sometimes. Final Fours and National Championships aren't supposed to be as easy as we've made it look
They aren’t easy, no. But we should be familiar with the formula. We know how to do it. 3 elite guards and a hungry supporting cast should have us thinking we have a chance to “shock the world”. Maybe I’m a homer and/or spoiled. But isn’t that what makes this fun? lol

C

Chief00

Pulling a scholarship this late would be an extremely weak move and would deprive us as a fan base from taking any moral high ground.

College basketball and moral high ground. Seriously, kids do have an obligation also to check the minimum academics requirement boxes.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
I cant Imagine Tarin Smith would want to stay if we added Heron.
I bet he would stay. Smith is a true PG, on ball guard. Heron is an off ball guard. Heron would be more likely to eat into Wilson or Polley's minutes. Hell I bet we would start 4 guards and press most of the game circa 2006 Nova style.

C

Chief00

Hurley is not the type to give out scholarships to 4.0 GPA former walk-ons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom