Zach Brown wants to reclass to 2016 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Zach Brown wants to reclass to 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Idk if that was a real fight. One guy on Twitter said he punched a ref last spring, which I do believe because he documented it with photos . But thought that was an isolated incident if anything . I'm hoping this was just a post game shoving match with other team instead of him getting into it with PSA players
That was a weird event too, when that Twitter account claimed Brown got into it with a ref. That was the only account pushing that report, and the photos included didn't show anything to indicate that there was a fight.

Reaction Score
We have no clue who started and/or was involved in this fight. These are high school kids. I'm sure everyone will be fine, it's part of life.

Reaction Score
That was a weird event too, when that Twitter account claimed Brown got into it with a ref. That was the only account pushing that report, and the photos included didn't show anything to indicate that there was a fight.
Yeah ha there was one photo that did actually look like brown apologizing to a ref , but the guys Twitter also states he coaches another fl aau squad so clearly an agenda could be pushed. Seems like something a beat writer can get to the bottom of

Reaction Score
We have no clue who started and/or was involved in this fight. These are high school kids. I'm sure everyone will be fine, it's part of life.
Getting into it with the other team post game isn't crazy, but getting into it with PSA players would be a major red flag seeing he literally just got up there. I'm almost 99% sure Borges meant other teams players though

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I hope it is fine. But here is what I know so far

Suspended for a fight in Florida.
Leaves his team just before the championships to go to PSA
Leaves his suspension behind too.
He and his guardian immediately start talking about reclassifying even though his new coach finds it unlikely and ill-advised.
Some new altercation

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
No offense taken but what is your baby boomer opinion of 2 people publicly cutting off communication with each other?

I'm only freaking out about one 2017 recruit and it's not Zach.

First, do we even know if they were following each other? I have no idea myself. Two, it seems kids unfollow for all kinds of reasons. They may have gotten in a little scrap. But that may not carry over much long term (or even intermediate).

My whole point was that Millennials micro-analyze (read over-analyze) every little social media cue. It's akin to analyzing someone's emotional state for every given day, and trying to draw long term conclusions based on that. And to top it off, teenagers emotional states are like pin ball machines.

I'm not a boomer fyi, in between Gen X and Gen Y.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I hope it is fine. But here is what I know so far

Suspended for a fight in Florida.
Leaves his team just before the championships to go to PSA
Leaves his suspension behind too.
He and his guardian immediately start talking about reclassifying even though his new coach finds it unlikely and ill-advised.
Some new altercation

Might be immature. I'm not worried about the kid's makeup at this point. I am worried about making sure he's a solid commitment (from both ends), and that he actually does qualify, given potentially multiple school switchings.

Reaction Score
First, do we even know if they were following each other? I have no idea myself. Two, it seems kids unfollow for all kinds of reasons. They may have gotten in a little scrap. But that may not carry over much long term (or even intermediate).

My whole point was that Millennials micro-analyze (read over-analyze) every little social media cue. It's akin to analyzing someone's emotional state for every given day, and trying to draw long term conclusions based on that. And to top it off, teenagers emotional states are like pin ball machines.

So glad I grew up without Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. Growing up was hard enough without having your every move documented and analyzed on social media. I would think it's incredibly difficult for girls being nope shamed and bullied. There are a lot of positives with social media but there certainly are a lot of negatives.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So glad I grew up without Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc. Growing up was hard enough without having your every move documented and analyzed on social media. I would think it's incredibly difficult for girls being nope shamed and bullied. There are a lot of positives with social media but there certainly are a lot of negatives.

Yep, totally agree. I hate waxing nostalgic about 'simpler' times, because I'm not that old, but they really were. Any type of bullying online is so brutal, 1. because it's so easy to be cruel without having someone face to face 2. because it affords contact with so many more people sharing their opinion 3. lacking perspective, kids take it so seriously.

The only thing I'm pissed I missed out on was nudes. Big missed opportunity there.

Reaction Score

Sorry, came a little hard at you with that baby boomer comment. haha. I agree with what you are saying.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Sorry, came a little hard at you with that baby boomer comment. haha. I agree with what you are saying.
Please post everything, I think everything is relevent. Including social media

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Brown looks very frail to me and not tough at all. He must have a great jab with that long reach he has. He doesn't have the Larry Johnson type build of a fighter.

Reaction Score
Why would we go after another elite center prospect for 2017? Is 2 (Enoch + Brown) not enough?

Because neither Enoch or Brown are guaranteed to be "elite" centers. You keep going after elite centers just like UConn football needs to keep bringing in QB's. You keep chopping til you get one.

Reaction Score
Brown looks very frail to me and not tough at all. He must have a great jab with that long reach he has. He doesn't have the Larry Johnson type build of a fighter.

Yeah you're right he's gonna suck! :confused:

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Yeah you're right he's gonna suck! :confused:
Where exactly in my post did I say anything about him not be being a great player? Read any of my previous posts praising him. I'm questioning him being the type to pick fights. That's way different than critiquing his basketball skills.

caw

Reaction Score
Where exactly in my post did I say anything about him not be being a great player? Read any of my previous posts praising him. I'm questioning him being the type to pick fights. That's way different than critiquing his basketball skills.

Just assume everyone's ability to read after a game like that has dropped considerably. I sure know that game drove me to drink a few extra.

Reaction Score

Looks frail? Is that a compliment - sorry I read that wrong

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
He has very thin arms, not the kind good for scrapping. It was an observation. We've had a few frail looking players who did ok.....Jeremy Lamb for one.​

Reaction Score

Frail and "not tough" centers are typically not centers you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom