Zach Brown wants to reclass to 2016 | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Zach Brown wants to reclass to 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know absolutely nothing about this saga, however, thinking aloud, could he be returning to his old school in order to finish up some classes needed to reclassify and maybe couldn't do that at Putnam?
I think it may be bigger than just finishing classes in Miami. Just my opinion, but I don't think all the parties would be keeping this anonymity for a few classes he needs to make up.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe he didn't like the platoon with Diarra? So much for my hope that he would bond with Diarra and Diallo.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Maybe he didn't like the platoon with Diarra? So much for my hope that he would bond with Diarra and Diallo.

Pretty sure they play different positions. Not a platoon.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Pretty sure they play different positions. Not a platoon.
Incorrect. They platooned at center in the game I attended with Diarra getting more playing time.

C

Chief00

Quite frankly, more than the usual behavioral and academic risks - Father Flanagan anybody?

Reaction Score
The very brief career of UConn recruit Zach Brown at Putnam Science Academy appears to be over, the head coach announced in a brief email statement on Wednesday morning.

PSA head coach Tom Espinosa wrote: "Good morning! I wanted to pass this along to all of you regarding Zach Brown. Its official that Zach Brown is no longer enrolled at Putnam Science Academy. Unfortunately, Zach Brown had an incident and was asked to leave the school."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn...conn-putname-science-0218-20160217-story.html

Reaction Score
This is a big blow I really thought Zach would help us with Hamidou now who knows if we'll even get Zach interested to find out what exactly happened but this feels like a BIG deal

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Okay, so there was an 'incident' which seems to imply it wasn't just weird stuff going on with Brown's camp or issues w/ school back in Miami...that's a shame. Hope Brown learns from it and does better in the future. Still rooting for him. I'd be shocked if he remains committed to UConn, though. Too many things seem to be changing for the kid for this to remain constant and stable. It might be best for both parties to just open things back up.

Reaction Score
"Unfortunately, Zach Brown had an incident and was asked to leave the school."

Hmmm...anyone else not getting warm fuzzies about this kid?

Reaction Score
In watching that VICE video I had/have the opinion that Miami is the last place Brown needs to be. Too bad it did not work out at PSA, hopefully he reclassifies and gets on campus and away from Miami, and his handler as soon as possible. I think having someone like KO as a mentor is the best possible thing for him.

Reaction Score
In watching that VICE video I had/have the opinion that Miami is the last place Brown needs to be. Too bad it did not work out at PSA, hopefully he reclassifies and gets on campus and away from Miami, and his handler as soon as possible. I think having someone like KO as a mentor is the best possible thing for him.

Agreed but who's to say his guardian/handler doesn't move up here and continues to have a huge influence on him.

Hope this doesn't turn into an Ater Majok situation where his handler made every decision for Ater

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
"I had been reported on Tuesday that Brown, after playing several games for PSA, had left school to return to Florida on Feb. 7 for a scheduled appointment and had not returned.

A source told The Courant that Brown's removal from the school came after he was involved in an altercation with opposing players after a recent game. Although his trip to Miami had been previously scheduled, PSA has a zero-tolerance policy on fighting and after an investigation the school administration decided that Brown should not return.

Brown, 7 feet 1, has been with three schools in the past year. He played two years at Miami Beach High, then transferred last fall to Miami High. As he was visiting UConn in January and decided to commit, he also visited Putnam Science and transferred, playing in a handful of games beginning Jan. 31." -Courant

Reaction Score
At least it was with opposing players? Not much of an upside, but I'll take it. Heat of the moment? Maybe him and Diarra and Hamidou are okay?

Reaction Score
Isn't his "handler" his legal guardian? I don't think his handler had anything to do with the incident he got into with Montverde Prep after their game or the incident he got into when he played for Miami High that got him indefinitely suspended from playing basketball in Florida until a decision was made.

One of the reasons he transferred to PSA mainly because he had been sitting for 5 games on his old team waiting for the decision and his guardian was not happy and wanted him to play again this year since it was hurting his rankings.

Maybe his health issues is mental health issues, meaning his temper. I hope he gets the help he needs and gets back on the court.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Wherever he goes I hope he is able to escape his past and those callings. If he comes to UConn that's awesome but his well-being is definitely more important. Best of luck to him.

Reaction Score
Multiple altercations, one in Miami and now one at PSA ?? Kid needs to stay in school for now and not even consider reclassing to 2017 in order to gain some maturity before he heads off to college. That additional year will hopefully allow him to get his head on straight while continuing to work on his game.

Reaction Score
Good point here by Borges:

It’s unfortunate he didn’t get a chance to meet with Caron Butler, a shining example of a young man from a troubled background who turned his life around at UConn.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Multiple altercations, one in Miami and now one at PSA ?? Kid needs to stay in school for now and not even consider reclassing to 2017 in order to gain some maturity before he heads off to college. That additional year will hopefully allow him to get his head on straight while continuing to work on his game.
I'd rather see him in the UConn system. Reclass and red shirt. At least then he'll have role models that share a background and will be surrounded by kids who are successful at the college level after coming from similar circumstances. A low pressure year in the college system will help him mature more than a year at some crappy school somewhere, because you can bet that he's not going to be headed to an elite prep academy.

Reaction Score
Aman posted he will probably end up back at Miami HS and could possibly be back at PSA next year.

UConn obviously not too happy with this situation

Reaction Score
I could care less about if he comes here. Kid has had way too tough a childhood and I just don't want to see him derail his future. Hopefully he has good people advocating for him and he gets things figured out, if he ends up at UConn great but all I really care about is that he doesn't go down a troubled path.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom