Zach Brown wants to reclass to 2016 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Zach Brown wants to reclass to 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Major backpedaling, and again you're wrong. We should be targeting a big man in every class. That's what the staff has done and they continue to do it.
Agree 1000%! You can never have enough size and bodies with size. And you always want at least two who have PG handles. What if Zach does jump to 2016 and he either leaves after one or two years. Anyhow have an idea of how many minutes it takes for a freshman big to foul out? Not very long. I always like to have bigs and PGs who can play at least a few minutes right away, who will be uber productive in year 2, 3 and 4 if they last that long. Few programs can stockpile talent year after year at all positions, but it's best where you have a solid core of upperclassmen (juniors & seniors) every year who provide leadership and consistency, especially during winning time, and some talented sophomores and freshman who can contribute but are ready to step up as the upperclassmen move on.

So I say, who's the next Zach? And if he doesn't sneak into 16, who can we pick up for next season? Who's the next Adams or Gilbert. Keep the steady stream of young talent that fits our program coming in and we'll get back to seeing 2011 and 14 for years to come.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
Agree 1000%! You can never have enough size and bodies with size. And you always want at least two who have PG handles. What if Zach does jump to 2016 and he either leaves after one or two years. Anyhow have an idea of how many minutes it takes for a freshman big to foul out? Not very long. I always like to have bigs and PGs who can play at least a few minutes right away, who will be uber productive in year 2, 3 and 4 if they last that long. Few programs can stockpile talent year after year at all positions, but it's best where you have a solid core of upperclassmen (juniors & seniors) every year who provide leadership and consistency, especially during winning time, and some talented sophomores and freshman who can contribute but are ready to step up as the upperclassmen move on.

So I say, who's the next Zach? And if he doesn't sneak into 16, who can we pick up for next season? Who's the next Adams or Gilbert. Keep the steady stream of young talent that fits our program coming in and we'll get back to seeing 2011 and 14 for years to come.
And without the NITs in all the other seasons.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Quick, someone head up to the playgrounds of Roxbury!

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Normally I'd rather an incoming big develop in HS before enrolling here but I think many are forgetting that ZB is 18 or 19 years old already. He has his sights set on the NBA, and we could use some more alum in the league so I'm not gonna stop him.

Reaction Score
Normally I'd rather an incoming big develop in HS before enrolling here but I think many are forgetting that ZB is 18 or 19 years old already. He has his sights set on the NBA, and we could use some more alum in the league so I'm not gonna stop him.
The Vice article said he's 17, Borges said he's 18 and a couple posters said he's 19. Does anyone actually know how old Zach is?

Reaction Score
The Vice article said he's 17, Borges said he's 18 and a couple posters said he's 19. Does anyone actually know how old Zach is?

I'd guess the Vice video was shot a little while ago, and he could have turned 18 between then and now

Reaction Score
See your point but he is going to get better coaching and support at the college level. Plus the competition of playing against other talented big guys in practice will help him develop faster. At 7'1" he dunks easily over smaller HS players.
Haven't seen much of Durham but both Zach and Enoch have a nice touch and could be more of an offensive force than the players we have now playing the 5.

Reaction Score
Wow, Diarra is way more athletic than I had imagined.

He really gets up there and his wingspan is crazy long. I think I read somewhere he's only 6'5.5" but has a 7'2" wingspan.

caw

Reaction Score
Jeez, if everyone is back and Zach reclassifies, what's that roster:

Adams, Gilbert
Purvis, Cassell
Hamilton, Larrier
Facey, Diarra/Jackson
Brimah, Brown/Enoch

RS: Durham

That could be special, and Brown and Diarra bring much needed girth to the front court.

Reaction Score

Adams, Gilbert
Purvis, Cassell
Hamilton, Larrier
Facey, Diarra/Jackson
Brimah, Brown/Enoch

That could be special, and Brown and Diarra bring much needed girth to the front court.
Getting a 9 month head start on dooming us I see

Reaction Score
Why would we go after another elite center prospect for 2017? Is 2 (Enoch + Brown) not enough?

1) If there's a talented kid out there who can help the team, get him.
2) Saying we could possibly have too many bigs assumes UConn will ever play two straight games without its frontcourt getting in foul trouble.
3) I know a few people who wouldn't be surprised to see Enoch become a lottery pick in 2018. Not saying I necessarily agree, but it would be really nice to have another center on the roster at that point.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Letting scholarships go and assuming every recruit will pan out is a good way to continue the mediocrity we've been showing for the last 5 years in the regular season.

Reaction Score

Adams, Gilbert
Purvis, Cassell
Hamilton, Larrier
Facey, Diarra/Jackson
Brimah, Brown/Enoch

Who is Jackson?

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23
Reaction Score

Mamadou looks great. Wow can that kid get up. He can be a Jeff Adrien-type for us. Not saying he'll be that good, but he can be if he works hard.

Reaction Score
I don't want anyone to freak out, but the simplicity with which Brown plays offense reminds me a lot of a young Timmy D. All simple, clean moves that maximize his strong hands and size in the post. I've heard awful things about him on defense, but that can be taught. Offense is harder. And this kid has a ton of really good, translatable habits.

nice.

**just want to say, I would probably kill someone if it meant UConn could find a single big guy with a single post move who could be crafty and finish down low** its gotten to that point. Jeff Adrien, how I miss you.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I don't want anyone to freak out, but the simplicity with which Brown plays offense reminds me a lot of a young Timmy D. All simple, clean moves that maximize his strong hands and size in the post. I've heard awful things about him on defense, but that can be taught. Offense is harder. And this kid has a ton of really good, translatable habits.

nice.

**just want to say, I would probably kill someone if it meant UConn could find a single big guy with a single post move who could be crafty and finish down low** its gotten to that point. Jeff Adrien, how I miss you.

Don't want anyone to freak out, but our guy reminds me of the GOAT power forward in NBA history. hahahahha ;)

In case you don't remember, JA wasn't much of a finisher when he first got to UCONN. He could brick a layup with the best of them. To his credit, he made himself good down low, and even developed a reliable 12 footer.

Reaction Score
so the other Brown thread is locked but word is Brown got in some kind of altercation at the NPSI and is back in Miami...not sure if it's permanent or not. maybe one of the "insiders" on here knows more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom