2023 Recruiting: Youssouf Singare Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Post in thread 'Still waiting'
Still waiting
The copium in that thread is amazing. They keep saying they’ve been better in recent years, but the last 2 years we’ve finished higher in the Big East. In the meantime our coach has set us up for more future success, while theirs bolted for Maryland. Great read.

Reaction Score
This is a kid that is referred to as raw, but honestly, he isn’t all that raw. He has really good hands, can handle the ball well enough to race down court on the break with it, obvious athletic ability and good mechanics on his shot and post moves. I don’t think he’s too raw. My guess is that the game will move too fast for him at first and once he figures that out, he’ll flourish. Kids this tall don’t usually look super smooth with the ball.

Reaction Score
The extra cherry and sprinkles on top of this commitment, is that our 2024 target Tahaad Pettiford has been Singare's point guard on NH Lightning. I don't know anything about their relationship, but that connection has the possibility of helping. I love Stephon Castle, but if he sticks with his stated hopes of 1 and done, Pettiford would be a big time need, to be as good as Stephon, and lead an experienced future team at that point, (at the point).

Reaction Score
This is simple even for shizzle. The kid is similar to Brimah but he’s coming in to the program in a better position than AB. AB was asked to be the 5 almost from the outset of his career and that was a huge ask. He would’ve been a tremendous back up if there had been a 5 already cemented in front of him. Unfair to a raw player like he was but in this case Singare gets to be behind Donovan and be a piece rather than thrown into the fire. I like this get, its perfect and he will flourish as he grows slowly into whoever he becomes.

Reaction Score
Post in thread 'Still waiting'
Still waiting

That was a weird read. Teams are always going to be in better shape when the coach chooses to leave for a “better“ job than when one is fired. It meant things were going quite well. Comparisons between Dan and Shaheen are kind of dumb. I loved watching Holloway play and am very glad he’s in the BE. I also like watching friends coach against each other, especially these two teams that are going to fight hard. It is a little strange that Seton Hall and Villanova don’t have any ’23 recruits yet, but it doesn’t effect my high opinion of either Holloway or Neptune.

Reaction Score
That was a weird read. Teams are always going to be in better shape when the coach chooses to leave for a “better“ job than when one is fired. It meant things were going quite well. Comparisons between Dan and Shaheen are kind of dumb. I loved watching Holloway play and am very glad he’s in the BE. I also like watching friends coach against each other, especially these two teams that are going to fight hard. It is a little strange that Seton Hall and Villanova don’t have any ’23 recruits yet, but it doesn’t effect my high opinion of either Holloway or Neptune.
That thread was bizarre! Logic has gone out the door with some. They really downplay every Hurley recruit since they are all overrated while elevating their own coach because "Holloway was a McDonalds All American player who was named the MVP of the McDonalds Game".

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
That thread was bizarre! Logic has gone out the door with some. They really downplay every Hurley recruit since they are all overrated while elevating their own coach because "Holloway was a McDonalds All American player who was named the MVP of the McDonalds Game".
"Casualer" fans!

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I don’t buy that Jackson or Hawkins are going to go pro after this year.

A lot of people didn't think Martin was NBA material at the end of March. Most had him pegged for Europe. Go back to everyone's posts from March. Hindsight is 20/20.

Will be fun when you once again realize hindsight is 20/20.

Reaction Score
Oh really? Fans of another team are being homers on their message board? That's wild. Anyway, remember how many people here said we had a superior program to Kansas up until this past April?

Reaction Score
Oh really? Fans of another team are being homers on their message board? That's wild. Anyway, remember how many people here said we had a superior program to Kansas up until this past April?
Are you saying that we don't?

Reaction Score
Rooting on Holloway & Neptune. Them being good is good for the BE & us.

Can’t criticize Holloway too much, DH went HS->Wagner->RI-> here. Holloway is definitely skipping a few stones from Saint Peter-> SHU. He prob wasn’t even in the same room frequently with a lot of the guys he now has access and ability to recruit

Reaction Score
Rooting on Holloway & Neptune. Them being good is good for the BE & us.

Can’t criticize Holloway too much, DH went HS->Wagner->RI-> here. Holloway is definitely skipping a few stones from Saint Peter-> SHU. He prob wasn’t even in the same room frequently with a lot of the guys he now has access and ability to recruit

*Rutgers to St. Benedict’s to Wagner to Rhode Island
His assistant role at Rutgers (and family stuff) was why he left the college game. He didn’t want another job in college until he could run his own program. Turned down Marist, went to Wagner a few years later.

As someone who’s been a fan of Seton Hall since Danny was playing there, I’m thrilled Willard is gone and Sha is in. It makes them infinitely more likable again for me. Holloway was an assistant at Seton Hall for eight years. It’s not that new to him, it’s just different being in the first seat.

One of the recruiting guys said he thought Neptune and Villanova would prove they’re still elite, hit the transfer market in the spring, and then come back strong for the ‘24s. That seems like a reasonable take.

Reaction Score
For an unrelated reason, I went back to my Boneyard post from Jan 21st, 2000 regarding Sanogo at Hoophall when 'Big Cliff' was our supposed key target and I was seeing Sanogo for the first time. Sanogo was halfway thru his senior year and was ranked #128. He seems to be working out okay despite the ranking at that late date.

PS (Its hard to be snarky, I already want to apologize to @shizzle787 )

Reaction Score
I admit it was 2020. I should read better when I post. Egg solidly on face.

Attachments

• 200.gif
    200.gif
    871.9 KB · Views: 81

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
This is going to be great for Clingan down the road with this kind of talent practicing together. Everybody gets better.
I'm sure that was a selling point for Youssouf as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom