2023 Recruiting: - Youssouf Singare Commits to UConn | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Youssouf Singare Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
And the rest (as they say) .. Is history.

Game-changing class. Up next . '24 targets

Reaction Score
Assassins!

The staff is instilling that killer instinct with recruits and now that they've committed they need to embody it on the court!

Reaction Score
I love when a staff can get a recruit to rearrange visits and then cancel future scheduled visits and commit, especially when he does it after the visit. It‘s easy to get caught up in the moment and make a decision but to go home, think about it, talk to your people and then say you’re in, is pretty great.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Will Shizzle sizzle or fizzle? Tune in at 11 for the latest!

Here’s my ever so slight contribution to the fizzle side.

It was1999 in UConn’s first NC. One of the moments etched in my memory was Soulemane Wane’s strip of Elton Brand and follow up basket. That play and the look on Brand’s face was priceless. That’s as well as you can do with a sub 100 player. Have a pivotal play in the most pivotal game that was significant in the most important game in UConn mens bb history.
I wasn't sure if I should put this here or in the stock thread.

Top News
Sizzle or fizzle?
image_168523680.jpg

Getty Images
U.S. stocks look ready to sing the bear market blues again this morning after the Bank of England shuffled sentiment with a dominant turnaround. Fearing a breakdown in market stability, the central bank on Wednesday promised to buy long-dated bonds "on whatever scale is necessary," sending the yield on the 30-year gilt down by a full percentage point in the span of just a few hours. The chorus quickly spread across the Atlantic, with U.S. debt echoing similar moves, as the 10-year Treasury yield fell 26 bps to 3.71% for its largest one-day decline since March 2009.

444JR

The Brand is Strong
Reaction Score
Thanks for sharing.

He’s raw, but I like how shows glimpses of a versatile rim-running big. He’s a project, but one I’m excited to see develop.
It’s obviously just highlights but they show glimpses of a well rounded game. Finishing at the rim over smaller defenders and blocking shots like a 7-footer should, plus a few heady assists and a smooth looking 3. Should be a lot of fun to see his development and the in house competition he’ll have with Clingan

Reaction Score
Am I missing something or is no one else buying that shot ? Mechanics look solid and fluid. I get it looks like he’s playing against middle schoolers but truly seems like he has the foundation for a wide skill set, that pass too.

Reaction Score
Defend, block shots, put backs and set screens. He does that at a high level and he`ll be an absolute stud. All things hes capable of with his size and athleticism. Develop offensively and it the cherry on top of an already delicious sundae.

Reaction Score
Defend, block shots, put backs and set screens. He does that at a high level and he`ll be an absolute stud. All things hes capable of with his size and athleticism. Develop offensively and it the cherry on top of an already delicious sundae.
Not quite as thing and spindly as Brimah in body type, so if he can build up.

Reaction Score
Still a young dude.. But he is showing on tape that he may have the instincts for some offensive talent early(in HS) that Thabeet/Brimah did not have/never had.. His defensive talents are obvious and his BBIQ is advanced for the limited time he has been playing the game.

Reaction Score
Am I missing something or is no one else buying that shot ? Mechanics look solid and fluid. I get it looks like he’s playing against middle schoolers but truly seems like he has the foundation for a wide skill set, that pass too.
The release is too slow for this level right now, but that can be improved upon. He will make his mark as a defender and finisher on the break early in his career. The rest will come.

Reaction Score
The thing that makes me the most sanguine about his potential is just his fluidity. For a guy his size he appears to have very good body control. With his combination of coordination and size there exists the potential to add a lot of skills.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
A lot of good posts here. Offensive capability and overall athleticism are hard to believe for a 7 footer.
our staff has racked up some impressive talent. Wish we could see some of the scrimmages. Shows a lot of smoothness for someone that big. A lot of upside and looks like he is just scratching the surface.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It seems really unfair to Brimah to suggest he couldn’t pass against 6’5 high schoolers. His competition in college was only slightly better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom