2023 Recruiting: - Youssouf Singare Commits to UConn | Page 9 | The Boneyard

2023 Recruiting: Youssouf Singare Commits to UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He committed to URI in September 2017, before he even played at his prep school:

URI associate head coach David Cox and head coach Dan Hurley were Martin's primary recruiters, shadowing him throughout the spring and summer. Hurley watched Martin at July’s Under Armour Association All-American Camp in Philadelphia, and Martin performed well enough to attract late interest from Boston College, Virginia Tech and Maryland leading into the fall.

I’m disappointed you haven’t acknowledged this yet @shizzle787

Reaction Score
IMO.YS appears to have a much higher BBIQ (shown in the videos)than Brimah showed during his college career .. In addition to the defensive skill set and raw athletic talent and footwork already mentioned. Another differentiator over AB.. He can put the ball on the floor and dribble! An excellent addition to '23

Reaction Score
One simple request. Can everyone stop responding to Schizzle so we can get this thread back on topic. We have an amazing class coming in, arguable one of the best ever on paper, and we are debating nonsense with an individual who just wants to argue

Reaction Score
Decided to have fun and go look at the recent sub-100 recruits from 247. Out of the names I recognize:

Jalen Gaffney: mixed feelings. Fizzled hard but soph year was pretty good. But an FAU transfer does mean bust for a 4 star

Mamadou Diarra: not counting him for obvious reasons

Richie Springs: wouldn’t call him a bust because there was always 0 expectations for him

Javonte Brown Ferguson: left after 10 seconds

Brendan Adams: I thought he was fine. Not good but not horrible. Streaky as hell and was too trigger happy. 3* recruit so can’t really call him a bust. Decent AAC role player, couldn’t handle the BE

Terrence Samuel: will not remember anything about him except the big games he had in March to help us win a national championship. So that’s a W

Tyler Polley: great ROI and I hope Ross becomes a better version of Polley

Josh Carlton: I was actually a big anti-Carlton guy but he was solid

Phil Nolan: mostly facepalm moments but was a rotation player and occasional starter on a national championship team. So that’s a W

Christian Vital: don’t need to say anything. This programs limps into the BE without Christian Vital

Amida Brimah: national championship starter and DPOY level player despite his developmental struggles and limited bag

Rakim Lubin: not sure why I remember Lubin but I do. Ranked 408. Not applicable lol

Not even seeing Whaley on the list but Whaley.

With a staff that develops benchwarmers into DPOYs, and develops 6’9 centers into BE POY front runners, I really don’t think it’s unreasonable to think Singare will be a solid backup C at worst

Reaction Score
Decided to have fun and go look at the recent sub-100 recruits from 247. Out of the names I recognize:

Jalen Gaffney: mixed feelings. Fizzled hard but soph year was pretty good. But an FAU transfer does mean bust for a 4 star

Mamadou Diarra: not counting him for obvious reasons

Richie Springs: wouldn’t call him a bust because there was always 0 expectations for him

Javonte Brown Ferguson: left after 10 seconds

Brendan Adams: I thought he was fine. Not good but not horrible. Streaky as hell and was too trigger happy. 3* recruit so can’t really call him a bust. Decent AAC role player, couldn’t handle the BE

Terrence Samuel: will not remember anything about him except the big games he had in March to help us win a national championship. So that’s a W

Tyler Polley: great ROI and I hope Ross becomes a better version of Polley

Josh Carlton: I was actually a big anti-Carlton guy but he was solid

Phil Nolan: mostly facepalm moments but was a rotation player and occasional starter on a national championship team. So that’s a W

Christian Vital: don’t need to say anything. This programs limps into the BE without Christian Vital

Amida Brimah: national championship starter and DPOY level player despite his developmental struggles and limited bag

Rakim Lubin: not sure why I remember Lubin but I do. Ranked 408. Not applicable lol

Not even seeing Whaley on the list but Whaley.

With a staff that develops benchwarmers into DPOYs, and develops 6’9 centers into BE POY front runners, I really don’t think it’s unreasonable to think Singare will be a solid backup C at worst
Whaley was ranked like 400th or something, going off of memory.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Haha…ok, I wasn’t sure before, but after this post I’m POSITIVE you’re a troll.
Yeah, he’s like what 9800 posts in? If he’s a troll he’s playing a masterful long game. Just saying.

Reaction Score
Join the discussion, tagging me in another thread is lame.
I was making a joke that references three threads. Where ever I posted it, I was going to be tagging two people in another thread. I have no comment on the substance of the arguments, just snark.

Reaction Score
Join the discussion, tagging me in another thread is lame.
Joking Just Kidding GIF

Reaction Score
Will Shizzle sizzle or fizzle? Tune in at 11 for the latest!

Here’s my ever so slight contribution to the fizzle side.

It was1999 in UConn’s first NC. One of the moments etched in my memory was Soulemane Wane’s strip of Elton Brand and follow up basket. That play and the look on Brand’s face was priceless. That’s as well as you can do with a sub 100 player. Have a pivotal play in the most pivotal game that was significant in the most important game in UConn mens bb history.
This conversation belongs on Doggy Fizzle Televizzle. I’ll contact Snoop.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
One simple request. Can everyone stop responding to Schizzle so we can get this thread back on topic. We have an amazing class coming in, arguable one of the best ever on paper, and we are debating nonsense with an individual who just wants to argue
He's being deliberately obtuse but the responses are gold. No better way to welcome in our 5th member of an incredible recruiting class than to have a thread that demonstrates the incredible UConn fandom and information called The Boneyard.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Gotta give it to Shizzle. Making a statement like "Nice kid. May need time to fully develop. I'd rather use last scholarship on a big man in the transfer portal who has already developed a post game in college is my preference." would be defensible. Plenty would disagree with the argument but it provides a clear preference.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The best part of the portal is for schools like us, the players who don’t prove their talent level can go down immediately to schools that fit them better. Either Singare shows the staff his worth in practice, or we’ll help him find a new home when transfer big man X comes in. There’s no use being worried about it.

Reaction Score
He'll be more than worth it. He's going to get playing time sooner not later developing quicker than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom