World Series thread | Page 9 | The Boneyard

World Series thread

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If Cora is so brilliant, he must've put Pomeranz on the roster for a reason, right? The guy hasn't pitched in a live game for 27 days, so he's certainly rested (and he did pitch a clean inning in his last outing, lol).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Easy to win as a coach when the top of the order is 12 for 16 in regulation so this is the time he needs to make all the right moves. But this game takes you beyond the every game moves and he made a couple big mistakes the biggest mentioned by Viking. He needed to bunt Vasquez with 1st and 2nd no one out, that was a must.

I think it's tough to make all the right moves in an 18 inning game. You just can't really plan for it. No excuse on what you mentioned, just saying. It's not the same as your standard 9/10 inning game.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I will ask why Pom is on the roster over Wright if you’re so afraid of using him that you let Eovaldi throw 6 and bat twice

Why take a guy out who is dealing? I don't get that.

Game 4 can be started by Pomerantz. But this particular game was for the taking so you give yourself the best opportunity to do that. Which is the guy throwing darts.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Dodgers aren’t in better shape because you guys can hit and they can’t. To me the team that will score more runs vs the others team tired and whacked up rotation will now win. Throw lefties today keep their lefty hitters off the radar and score some runs you’ll be back to where you expect.

Shoulda told the Sox that last night. They forgot.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don’t see how to fault Cora. I was shaky about playing JBJ instead Benny but then JBJ hits a homer in the 8th.
Yeah I agree thought Benetendi shouild've been playing as I don't believe you lose enough throwing Mookie in C but again, JBJ came through.

JBJ's been hitting a bit so why not keep him in with his superlative D? He's such a streaky hitter that if he's going good, you ride him.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
So would they have just kept playing past 3:00 a.m. if that game was at Fenway?

They would have to shut down concessions at 2am haha. Can you imagine how drunk and belligerent that crowd would have been?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
ZERO chance of that happening, ZERO chance of Red Sox winning World Series at all, Red Sox do not win another game and the Dodgers win this World Series in 6!

This is a hilarious take man. I'd be happy to put as much money as I had in the world on your last statement. Lemme know.

I don't think the Dodgers are capable of winning in Boston. Especially if it's cold.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Anyone talking about tiredness is being a bit silly. There's at most 4 games left in the season. Everybody throws until their arms fall off. There's nothing after this.

You don't need to preserve their arms for the long haul. You ride them like a pack mule into the dirt.

Reaction Score
I will ask why Pom is on the roster over Wright if you’re so afraid of using him that you let Eovaldi throw 6 and bat twice

If you saw him pitch this year, the only question is why is he on the roster, not why didn't he get in the game last night.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If you saw him pitch this year, the only question is why is he on the roster, not why didn't he get in the game last night.

That is my overall question. Just cause he’s a lefty I guess

Reaction Score
He batted because there were no position players left on the bench. And he was a better option to pitch than Pomeranz. I had no problem with Cora going with Eovaldi that long. If he had gotten through the 18th I'd imagine Pomeranz would have pitched the 19th.

Reaction Score
So would they have just kept playing past 3:00 a.m. if that game was at Fenway?
We asked that also. Isn't there a 2:00 am curfew in MLB? Or is that relaxed for the playoffs?

Reaction Score
I'm questioning Cora for his use of the rotation and bullpen. I could care less what happened in the game last night, he put this pitching in shambles the way he overused them last night.
What else was he supposed to do? The game went 18 innings. I'm guessing he's not managing at any point in the game thinking it's going to go that long. When he took Porcello out after 4 2/3 he's not thinking about 13 more innings.

How would you have used the pitching?

the Q

Reaction Score
He batted because there were no position players left on the bench. And he was a better option to pitch than Pomeranz. I had no problem with Cora going with Eovaldi that long. If he had gotten through the 18th I'd imagine Pomeranz would have pitched the 19th.

I don’t either. But it certainly isn’t normal. Christ even price got in on the action.

Idk what people want from Cora. His team lost because Bradley and Vaz committed back to back embarrassingly bad baserunning blunders, kinsler made an error that Buckner look like a gold Glover, and your top 4 spots in the lineup went 0 for 28.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
I don’t either. But it certainly isn’t normal. Christ even price got in on the action.

Idk what people want from Cora. His team lost because Bradley and Vaz committed back to back embarrassingly bad baserunning blunders, kinsler made an error that Buckner look like a gold Glover, and your top 4 spots in the lineup went 0 for 28.

All this occurred, and it still took the Dodgers 18 to win it. If the Sox actually play well, the Dodgers will lose.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What else was he supposed to do? The game went 18 innings. I'm guessing he's not managing at any point in the game thinking it's going to go that long. When he took Porcello out after 4 2/3 he's not thinking about 13 more innings.

How would you have used the pitching?

Just like Price last night, Porcello should be good for 35-50 pitches tomorrow. Normal routine is for a pitcher to throw in bullpen second day after a start.

the Q

Reaction Score
All this occurred, and it still took the Dodgers 18 to win it. If the Sox actually play well, the Dodgers will lose.

All that talk about platoons.

The dodgers “best” lineup scored 3 runs in 18 innings against a clearly inferior pitcher than the guys they faded in gm 1 and 2. They scored 6 against the 2 in Boston.

The difference is they allowed 12 runs in the 18 innings in Boston vs 2 in the 18 innings in la

the Q

Reaction Score
Just like Price last night, Porcello should be good for 35-50 pitches tomorrow. Normal routine is for a pitcher to throw in bullpen second day after a start.

I’m fine with this and expect it. I remember joe Sheehan writing that torre should’ve done this with pettitte on his rest days one regular season because the yanks lack of lefty relievers that year.

I think torre actually did it a couple of times

the Q

Reaction Score
I get why they do it, but at the same time it's crazy to think of how much money they lost last night by doing that

Have to think of the risk of lawsuits as well. How much do they lose with one of those lawsuits?

I’m not certain. But I would imagine dram shop laws would apply to the park as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom