World Series thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

World Series thread

Reaction Score
That was really the story yesterday.

JBJ makes for a good replacement runner/batter/fielder late in the game.

Really interesting that Nunez is going tonight over Devers. Knee can't be that bad?
As an outsider I don't understand how you can ever keep Benintendi and Devers out of the lineup.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
As an outsider I don't understand how you can ever keep Benintendi and Devers out of the lineup.

Beni absolutely. Ben should have been in there yesterday with Mookie at 2nd. Idk why Cora seems reticent to put Mook at the two. Simplest solution imo.

I get why they put Nunez in at times, because Devers is an awful defender at this stage of his career (he's only 22).

But Nunez has been hurt, and not really playing all that well in general, so I'd prefer the Sox try to out slug the Dodgers.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If Nunez can’t run (and he can’t or he would’ve scored easily on that hit last night) why is he on the roster? Lin is probsbly a better player right now simply by being a healthy runner and far superior defender.

the Q

Reaction Score
Beni absolutely. Ben should have been in there yesterday with Mookie at 2nd. Idk why Cora seems reticent to put Mook at the two. Simplest solution imo.

I get why they put Nunez in at times, because Devers is an awful defender at this stage of his career (he's only 22).

But Nunez has been hurt, and not really playing all that well in general, so I'd prefer the Sox try to out slug the Dodgers.

He can’t field or hit either.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
He can’t field or hit either.

It's hard to find a solid argument to start him at 3rd at this point. I would go with Devers at 3rd.

And imo, Mookie at 2nd with JBJ/Beni/JD outfield. Get your best players in there.

the Q

Reaction Score
It's hard to find a solid argument to start him at 3rd at this point. I would go with Devers at 3rd.

And imo, Mookie at 2nd with JBJ/Beni/JD outfield. Get your best players in there.

Again. I don’t have much of an argument for him over a guy like Lin at this point other then he’s RH power, but he hasn’t hit since he crumpled into a pile in Houston last postseason

the Q

Reaction Score

The latter part of this post should’ve been a no brainer for Cora. That’s been his biggest mistake so far, if you wanna pick something

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Again. I don’t have much of an argument for him over a guy like Lin at this point other then he’s RH power, but he hasn’t hit since he crumpled into a pile in Houston last postseason

idk much about Lin so can't really comment on that one.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Alex Cora said that the only pitchers that are not available out of the bullpen tonight are Nathan Eovaldi and Chris Sale. Everybody else is available.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Nice quote from Dave Roberts on Eovaldi:

"I appreciate everything about what he did last night. I'm on the other side but I'm a baseball fan, I'm a sports fan. And when you see people like that perform at the highest level and to stay focused, appreciating that that was three out of four for him, to go 90-plus pitches, hold his stuff, use his mix, and take three at-bats I think last night and still keep going and give his team a chance to win, those are moments that don't come by very often. I think one of our players mentioned it, in recent memory, what Bumgarner did in the World Series. And obviously you can talk about Sandy Koufax, who was there last night, and guys like that who did it more often as far as kind of pitching three games. But in recent times it just doesn't happen. And so it was pretty special."

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nice quote from Dave Roberts on Eovaldi:

"I appreciate everything about what he did last night. I'm on the other side but I'm a baseball fan, I'm a sports fan. And when you see people like that perform at the highest level and to stay focused, appreciating that that was three out of four for him, to go 90-plus pitches, hold his stuff, use his mix, and take three at-bats I think last night and still keep going and give his team a chance to win, those are moments that don't come by very often. I think one of our players mentioned it, in recent memory, what Bumgarner did in the World Series. And obviously you can talk about Sandy Koufax, who was there last night, and guys like that who did it more often as far as kind of pitching three games. But in recent times it just doesn't happen. And so it was pretty special."

All class. While I think Boston will win this, I really wish Eovaldi wasn’t a pending free agent. He’s been better than ever.

That said, in my view it was a mistake by Cora to use ERod early. I would have saved Eovaldi to start tonight and saved Rodriguez for long relief last night.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
That said, in my view it was a mistake by Cora to use ERod early. I would have saved Eovaldi to start tonight and saved Rodriguez for long relief last night.

It's easy to see in retrospect, but nobody was planning on an 18 inning affair. There's only so much you can do in the heat of the moment. He didn't want to use Eo because he wanted to start him.

Reaction Score
With the sentiment of starting Mookie at 2nd up for discussion prior to the series moving to LA, I wonder how much the Machado slides in to 2nd affected the decision. Spiked Pedroia last year sparking a fight and a couple suspensions. Machado even had a dirty slide in the NLCS grabbing Orlando Arcia's leg. Aside from Machado, even with Max Muncy "oversliding" the bag last night into Holt on a double play ball.

the Q

Reaction Score
I have a new reason to hate NL rules: it means kinsler will probably get off the bench again this series.

the Q

Reaction Score
It's easy to see in retrospect, but nobody was planning on an 18 inning affair. There's only so much you can do in the heat of the moment. He didn't want to use Eo because he wanted to start him.

People don’t seem to understand that no one in the history of baseball had ever been in Cora’s shoes before.

the Q

Reaction Score
Come on eddy.....that’s just pathetic effort

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It’s always a mistake. There are other guys who can get those outs. You never bring in your long relief guy and have him get one out. That’s just dumb.

Reaction Score
The way Hill is dealing we need ERod to keep it even for a couple more innings and hope we can get to their pen.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Offense is still MIA as of 4th inning. What's going on?

the Q

Reaction Score
He didn't want to be on the bases.

That’s not an excuse to walk your team out of a big inning

Reaction Score
These YouTube TV ads are terrible and completely take away from feel of the game. Baseball was one of the few sports that isn't plagued by constant stoppages, and now in between at bats they are airing commercials? Come on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom