World Series thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

World Series thread

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I get why they do it, but at the same time it's crazy to think of how much money they lost last night by doing that

Yes and no. Can you imagine the damage belligerent drunks would have caused after 18 innings haha.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yes and no. Can you imagine the damage belligerent drunks would have caused after 18 innings haha.

It would’ve been must see tv though. Imagine the ratings spike it would’ve gotten. Biggest spike in a sporting event since the malice at the palace

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It would’ve been must see tv though. Imagine the ratings spike it would’ve gotten. Biggest spike in a sporting event since the malice at the palace

Would look like the end of the McGregor fight.

the Q

Reaction Score
I will say that with this now looking like a long series, a game 7 for Cora would be amazing to watch.

Porcello
Sale
Price
Eovaldi
Kimbrel

That’s what you’d basically see

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
ZERO chance of that happening, ZERO chance of Red Sox winning World Series at all, Red Sox do not win another game and the Dodgers win this World Series in 6!
thanks for the comedy
when are you going to be serious about your discussion on this subject?
ZERO?????

Reaction Score
I will say that with this now looking like a long series, a game 7 for Cora would be amazing to watch.

Porcello
Sale
Price
Eovaldi
Kimbrel

That’s what you’d basically see
Game 7's are always all hands on deck. You have 4 months to rest.

The Sox have a lot of guys willing to do whatever it takes to win the championship and most of the time that's what it does take. Cora said he had 5 players outside his office after the game offering to pitch today. The team has been pretty resilient all season long. We'll see tonight how resilient they are after something very out of the ordinary like last night.

Reaction Score
Martinez makes everything go in that lineup not to mention no Moreland,Pearce, or Benitendi. MLB really does need to go to a universal Dan Hurley this isnt the 1920s anymore.
I couldn’t agree more. How the NL doesn’t win nearly every year surprises me. NL teams are at such a huge advantage. An NL team having to employ a Dan Hurley is no sacrifice, but an AL team having to completely change how it plays, how long pitchers pitch etc is a huge disadvantage. Making everything uniform has to happen sooner or later. Hurley or no Dan Hurley.

the Q

Reaction Score
Game 7's are always all hands on deck. You have 4 months to rest.

The Sox have a lot of guys willing to do whatever it takes to win the championship and most of the time that's what it does take. Cora said he had 5 players outside his office after the game offering to pitch today. The team has been pretty resilient all season long. We'll see tonight how resilient they are after something very out of the ordinary like last night.

Any pitcher can have an off day so for me resilience will be measured by the position players.

Not to say position players don’t. But we are talking about guys like eddy and Pom and having feel for their pitches. It’s already a guessing game without kinsler choking the life out of the team

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Really hoping Kinsler’s poor play yesterday means he considers moving Betts to 2B. We need Benintendi in the lineup.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
We also need some offense production from Betts and Xander ...at least.

Idk for sure but it looked like Xander was hurting last night too. Anybody know?

Sox position guys are banged up with Nunez, JD, and what I believe to be Xander.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Really hoping Kinsler’s poor play yesterday means he considers moving Betts to 2B. We need Benintendi in the lineup.

Kinsler played that whole game like he was hung over as hell.

Need as many bats in there as possible. Last night proved that. Make no mistake, defensive faux pas aside, it was the offense that lost the Sox that game.

Reaction Score
Idk for sure but it looked like Xander was hurting last night too. Anybody know?

Sox position guys are banged up with Nunez, JD, and what I believe to be Xander.
Yup. Got hurt on the play when a Dodger slid into 2nd when he was taking the throw and then threw to first. I don't know why he was on the front side of the bag instead of the back side when he took the throw. That's the reason he got hurt. I hope he's O.K. Can't have another 0-28 from the first 4 guys in the order.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Sox have been good all year at bouncing back after tough beats.

Reaction Score
Benintendi and Holt playing but JBJ sits. Line up tonight:

CF Betts
LF Benintendi
1B Pearce
RF Martinez
SS Bogaerts
3B Nunez
2B Holt
C Vazquez
P Rodriguez

Hopefully this line up does better than last night's.

Reaction Score
Yup. Got hurt on the play when a Dodger slid into 2nd when he was taking the throw and then threw to first. I don't know why he was on the front side of the bag instead of the back side when he took the throw. That's the reason he got hurt. I hope he's O.K. Can't have another 0-28 from the first 4 guys in the order.
Agreed but part of that 0-28 was Eovaldi, Kinsler hitting 3,4 for 6 innings. Cora needs to become more adept at double switches because that was brutal.

Reaction Score
Roberts finally wises up and doesn't go with the all righty line up. Bellinger and Muncy starting.

Freese 1B
Muncy 2B
Turner 3B
Machado SS
Bellinger CF
Puig RF
Taylor LF
Barnes C
Hill P

Reaction Score
The Red Sox won't touch Hill tonight and Rodriguez will get hammered by a rejuvenated Dodgers team that is ready to break out! LA wins this one easily and goes on to win the series in 6.

the Q

Reaction Score
Roberts finally wises up and doesn't go with the all righty line up. Bellinger and Muncy starting.

Freese 1B
Muncy 2B
Turner 3B
Machado SS
Bellinger CF
Puig RF
Taylor LF
Barnes C
Hill P

But it’s even worse defensively than the sloppy d they’ve already had.

La really needs to find a real cf this winter.

Muncy at 2b is interesting. He was ok there in a small sample size.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

That was really the story yesterday.

Benintendi and Holt playing but JBJ sits. Line up tonight:

CF Betts
LF Benintendi
1B Pearce
RF Martinez
SS Bogaerts
3B Nunez
2B Holt
C Vazquez
P Rodriguez

Hopefully this line up does better than last night's.

JBJ makes for a good replacement runner/batter/fielder late in the game.

Really interesting that Nunez is going tonight over Devers. Knee can't be that bad?

intlzncster

Reaction Score
The Red Sox won't touch Hill tonight and Rodriguez will get hammered by a rejuvenated Dodgers team that is ready to break out! LA wins this one easily and goes on to win the series in 6.

lol

Given that a team who was down 2-0 wins the WS only 19% of the time....

And then winning 4 in a row to do it? I think not.

Again, I got any amount of money that this won't happen. Lemme know.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom