World Series thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

World Series thread

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Bradley and Barnes so far.

Betts and Bogaerts u
The top 4 Spots in the lineup went something like 0 for 28....and people want to question Cora.....

SOmetimes the players just don’t execute.

You just gave Edsall a chub with your comment.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Start Sale on 3 days rest and then go to Rodriguez???

Get 6 innings from those two and you still have Kelly, and Brasier for an inning each.

Kimbrell threw 28 pitches. He may not be available or only available for 1 batter. Barnes threw 23. Not sure what he can give-1 or 2 batters?

Porcello threw 61pitches. He may he available for 1-2 batters.

Dodgers are in better shape but did have 3 relievers throw 2 innings each and another throw 1.2 innings.

Tonight is pure adrenaline game. Who ever wins tonight wins the series.

Reaction Score

Get 6 innings from those two and you still have Kelly, and Brasier for an inning each.

Kimbrell threw 28 pitches. He may not be available or only available for 1 batter. Barnes threw 23. Not sure what he can give-1 or 2 batters?

Dodgers are in better shape but did have 3 relievers throw 2 innings each and another throw 1.2 innings.

String together Rodriguez and Pomeranz for six or seven and save Sale for a quality start tomorrow. Series isn’t decided tonight. Nothing changes faster than momentum in baseball.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
String together Rodriguez and Pomeranz for six or seven and save Sale for a quality start tomorrow. Series isn’t decided tonight. Nothing changes faster than momentum in baseball.

I wouldn't be too upset if Cora sacrificed Saturday to set up line up and pitching staff for a 3 game series where both games 2&3 are at Fenway.

Reaction Score

Dodgers aren’t in better shape because you guys can hit and they can’t. To me the team that will score more runs vs the others team tired and whacked up rotation will now win. Throw lefties today keep their lefty hitters off the radar and score some runs you’ll be back to where you expect.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
To me the team that will score more runs vs the others team tired and whacked up rotation will now win.
That sounds like a Tim McCarver Master of the Obvious line that would make me want to throw my remote through the screen.

Throw lefties today keep their lefty hitters off the radar and score some runs you’ll be back to where you expect.
That's the winning recipe for sure.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Dodgers love getting close and never scoring.

That was my first three years of college.

Anyway, I fell asleep in 15th. Figured it was over. Shocked when I woke up to find LAD won it.

Eovaldi is now out of the Pirates price range.

I don't think I've ever seen a player abused so often in one game (Nunez). Dude has to be sore as hell when he wakes up today.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That sounds like a Tim McCarver Master of the Obvious line that would make me want to throw my remote through the screen.

That's the winning recipe for sure.

Yeah that was Captain Obvious huh. I think you know what I meant but reading it again I'm even wondering,

Anyway the better offense is the favorite at this point, better?;)

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I gave up after 11. Figured Hembree would walk 4 straight guys.

I don’t see how to fault Cora. I was shaky about playing JBJ instead Benny but then JBJ hits a homer in the 8th.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
On a side note, I'm enjoying the MLB replays of Sox radio calls. Neverett was solid announcer while with Bucs, although he had a tendency to misjudge deep flies. But liked his voice and cadence, which reminds me a bit of the great Bob Murphy. Happy for him he gets to call a WS after so many years with crap Pirates teams.

Reaction Score
I gave up after 11. Figured Hembree would walk 4 straight guys.

I don’t see how to fault Cora. I was shaky about playing JBJ instead Benny but then JBJ hits a homer in the 8th.

Yeah I agree thought Benetendi shouild've been playing as I don't believe you lose enough throwing Mookie in C but again, JBJ came through. Hard to fault Cora too much not used to the no DH stuff and add another game to that trying to figure out your moves ahead, tough game to manage.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Yeah I agree thought Benetendi shouild've been playing as I don't believe you lose enough throwing Mookie in C but again, JBJ came through. Hard to fault Cora too much not used to the no Dan Hurley stuff and add another game to that trying to figure out your moves ahead, tough game to manage.
The descrepancy between Benny’s offense and JBJ’s is a lot wider than the Defense in JBJs favor. However JBJ seems to have the “clutch gene” that no other regular player has on this team.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So would they have just kept playing past 3:00 a.m. if that game was at Fenway?

Reaction Score
The play before the Kinsler play Nunez needlessly (in my opinion) falls backward into the stands allowing the Dodger guy to take the extra base and then score on the Kinsler gaffe.
If he’s still on first when Puig hits the ball maybe Kinsler does the quick flip to second base to end it.
But Nunez loves the drama

Reaction Score
The top 4 Spots in the lineup went something like 0 for 28....and people want to question Cora.....

SOmetimes the players just don’t execute.

I'm questioning Cora for his use of the rotation and bullpen. I could care less what happened in the game last night, he put this pitching in shambles the way he overused them last night.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I'm questioning Cora for his use of the rotation and bullpen. I could care less what happened in the game last night, he put this pitching in shambles the way he overused them last night.

He has 2 lefty starters who can both go today.

He went for the kill with Eovaldi and won it until kinsler tried to kill a camera man instead of taking the easy out at first.

Reaction Score
He has 2 lefty starters who can both go today.

He went for the kill with Eovaldi and won it until kinsler tried to kill a camera man instead of taking the easy out at first.

Who? Sale with a bum shoulder and on 3 days rest? Rodriguez, who has not thrown more 2 innings in over a month?

Reaction Score
The Red Sox will NOT win another game this series, their rotation and bullpen are in shambles! Cora got out-managed by Roberts big time tonight! The Red Sox should be 3-0 right now, but Kinsler makes an error on a play that EVERY high school 2b in the country can make. Boston made far too many fundamental, mental, and physical mistakes tonight, and honestly, did not deserve to win that game!
Red Sox will probably still win in 5.

the Q

Reaction Score
Who? Sale with a bum shoulder and on 3 days rest? Rodriguez, who has not thrown more 2 innings in over a month?

Eddy and Pom are ready to go. That should be able to get you at least 5 innings or so.

Reaction Score
Red Sox will probably still win in 5.

ZERO chance of that happening, ZERO chance of Red Sox winning World Series at all, Red Sox do not win another game and the Dodgers win this World Series in 6!

the Q

Reaction Score

Even if it was 2 Innings each. Everyone threw under 30 (besides Eovaldi) and is read to rock again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom