OT: - World Cup 2018 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup 2018

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Now Germany is is the driver’s seat and Sweden has to face Mexico.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Don't commit stupid fouls. Don't commit late fouls. Don't commit stupid, late fouls.

They really have no ability to defend against that attack without fouling.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
What a push over the last ten minutes. Brilliant save by Sweden, a bullet shot off the post and then a perfectly executed set piece to go up, all down a man.

I felt like the Germans didn't turn it on early enough. They played w no urgency for a while there given their world cup hopes were on the line

Overall good decision to sit ozil. He's been a no show.

Reaction Score
I felt like the Germans didn't turn it on early enough. They played w no urgency for a while there given their world cup hopes were on the line

Gomez put a lot more pressure on the D too. They looked really stiff in the first half before he entered. Was happy for him.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

They simply ran their cross game over and over and over. It got them a goal early in the half and they went back to it. Dominated possession and chances, but they weren’t being creative.

I feel like, after the last WC, everybody who faces Germany sits back. You can’t let them come at you with pace or they will tear you apart, and the defense on the counter has been poor. They need to adjust their offensive strategy a bit.

South Korea match will be interesting as they have good speed. Sweden Mexico also looks interesting.

Reaction Score
If Sweden and Germany played 11 vs. 10, do you think Germany would be favored by the oddsmakers?

Obviously Sweden wasn't playing to score, but Germany can be dangerous on the counter also (they just haven't been able to show it since they keep giving up the 1st goal).

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If Sweden and Germany played 11 vs. 10, do you think Germany would be favored by the oddsmakers?

Obviously Sweden wasn't playing to score, but Germany can be dangerous on the counter also (they just haven't been able to show it since they keep giving up the 1st goal).

I wouldn't think so. A full game short sided is exhausting. jmo tho

Reaction Score
I wouldn't think so. A full game short sided is exhausting. jmo tho
Yeah a whole game down a man is a tall task. Germany only found an identity when their backs were against the wall. Even with a win, they should be really disappointed with the way they’ve played so far. So lethargic, and definitely letting the expectations in their head. Before the second half today, they really reminded me of Spain during the last cup.

Reaction Score
Lol, ask the three black people who live there about it.
Possible brief visit(s) to Switzerland once or so aside, it appears less likely you've ever been in the former Yugoslavia during or after Serbia's recent nationalist, ethnic, and religious genocide. Given Serbia's genocide-diminished diversity, few non-racist Serbians, part Serbians, or people of much if any intellectual depth would even jokingly criticize Switzerland's relatively low albeit growing population of "black people" (your words). Serbia?

Yes, only about 5% of Switzerland's residents are from Africa or descended of African parents or grandparents. Setting aside Swiss ethnic diversity quadrupled the last three decades from a small %, another percent+ are of more distant African or other darker genetic skin tone backgrounds from other non-African nations. Serbia? Not nearly so much, slobodan!

With Los Ticos out in Group E, no additional compelling reasons are really required to root for Brazil and Switzerland to advance and the White Eagles' expedited return to Belgrade. Иди кући, Слободана!

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Possible brief visit(s) to Switzerland once or so aside, it appears less likely you've ever been in the former Yugoslavia during or after Serbia's recent nationalist, ethnic, and religious genocide. Given Serbia's genocide-diminished diversity, few non-racist Serbians, part Serbians, or people of much if any intellectual depth would even jokingly criticize Switzerland's relatively low albeit growing population of "black people" (your words). Serbia?

Yes, only about 5% of Switzerland's residents are from Africa or descended of African parents or grandparents. Setting aside Swiss ethnic diversity quadrupled the last three decades from a small %, another percent+ are of more distant African or other darker genetic skin tone backgrounds from other non-African nations. Serbia? Not nearly so much, slobodan!

With Los Ticos out in Group E, no additional compelling reasons are really required to root for Brazil and Switzerland to advance and the White Eagles' expedited return to Belgrade. Иди кући, Слободана!

Really disappointed in Los Ticos. They didn’t show up with much after being pretty solid in qualifying.

Don’t give two craps about ethnic diversity one way or the other though. I’d be rooting for Ireland if they were in.

Reaction Score

Lol, I know all about Yugoslavian history. My grandpa is a Serb and my grandma is a Croat.

Racism in Switzerland: ‘People of colour are automatically perceived as foreigners’

Blacks feel rejected by the Swiss

'Go back to Africa': reports of racism hit record high in Switzerland

Survey shows extent of racism and discrimination in Switzerland

Racist, xenophobic incidents sharply rise by a third in Switzerland

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ha...arn-the-truth-about-their-residents-1.5439604

Reaction Score
Lol, I know all about Yugoslavian history. My grandpa is a Serb and my grandma is a Croat.
No worries slobodan, the comic relief's appreciated. Got it, only one of us has spent much time in Serbia. Carry on with the horse blinders, and the inconsistencies of your ethnic concerns with Switzerland.

Reaction Score
No worries slobodan, the comic relief's appreciated. Got it, only one of us has spent much time in Serbia. Carry on with the horse blinders, and the inconsistencies of your ethnic concerns with Switzerland.
I never said Serbia isn't racist or made any sort of comparison, you did. Now you're calling me a murderous dictator, that's really big of you. You also have no idea where I've been or who I am.

Aside from calling me a murderous dictator I commend you on finally typing a post that was intelligible.

Reaction Score
I never said Serbia isn't racist or made any sort of comparison, you did. Now you're calling me a murderous dictator, that's really big of you. You also have no idea where I've been or who I am.
Hardly, yet enabled your many inconsistencies and drew out more of your unintelligible ironies. Got it, no time in the Balkans.

Reaction Score
Yeah a whole game down a man is a tall task. Germany only found an identity when their backs were against the wall. Even with a win, they should be really disappointed with the way they’ve played so far. So lethargic, and definitely letting the expectations in their head. Before the second half today, they really reminded me of Spain during the last cup.
Ya just ask colombia who played 10 on 11 for 87 minutes and still nearly pulled it out. A great team can still beat most teams down a man, even if down for much of the game.

Reaction Score
Ya just ask colombia who played 10 on 11 for 87 minutes and still nearly pulled it out. A great team can still beat most teams down a man, even if down for much of the game.
Sure, exceptions occur. With 2 otherwise similarly talented, organized, motivated, experienced, conditioned, size, etc. opponents over the course of many games, advantage and victory typically goes to an 11-man team versus a 1-man down opponent.

Reaction Score
Sure, exceptions occur. With 2 otherwise similarly talented, organized, motivated, experienced, conditioned, size, etc. opponents over the course of many games, advantage and victory typically goes to an 11-man team versus a 1-man down opponent.

Main variable in question is "similarly talented".

I guess the better hypothetical is how good a team would Germany be favored down a man.

I think they'd be favored over say Canada. What about Saudi Arabia, who I think was clearly the worst team at the World Cup. They've scored 0 goals and have a -6 differential through 2 games in a not-insanely-difficult group. I'd take Germany over them as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom