OT: - World Cup 2018 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

OT: World Cup 2018

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Belgium is an impressive looking side. Lots of coordination. You can tell many of these guys have been together for some time

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If Iran wins against Portugal and Spain beats or ties Morocco then Portugal is out and Spain is in.

Reaction Score
If Iran wins against Portugal and Spain beats or ties Morocco then Portugal is out and Spain is in.
Interesting. But are we entertaining the idea that Iran has a chance against Portugal? I think they've been every bit impressive as Spain this tournament and have the best player in the world. In fact, I see them winning the group over Spain due to goal differential.

Reaction Score
Belgium is an impressive looking side. Lots of coordination. You can tell many of these guys have been together for some time
I really like watching them play.

They've been my adopted non-Germany team for the last 2 World Cups.

Reaction Score
Mexico vs. South Korea, it's on like donkey kong, very spirited game

Reaction Score
Irony of ironies much? Yup, some 1st-language German 2/3, French 15%, Italian 10%, etc speaking Swiss aren't so keen on homogenization of milk, cheese, and dairy products. Not so much nationalist, ethnic, and religious genocide, homogenization, etc ... mostly kidding and all :rolleyes:
Lol, ask the three black people who live there about it.

Reaction Score
Wow, anyone catch the video of the group of Argentina fans kicking the cr@p out of the Croatian fan after the 3-0 loss? Or the Colombian fans getting a Japanese fan, a girl, to say awful things about herself in Spanish? They were basically saying "Say this...." and Proceeded to " teach her spanish" and got her to say really nasty things in spanish. The colombian was kicked out of the rest of the world cup and I think his job fired him. Later on as "revenge" some Russians got a colombian to say awful things in Russia about colombia. I think "we are all dogs" or something.

Also, I think Argentina is asking Russia to deport those barbaric fans who beat on the Croatian. Plus gay slurs chanted at the German goal keeper in the mexico/Germany match. Folks in the end it is just a game and respect for human dignity should not take a backseat regardless of results. It is sad to see so many poor sports this world cup.

Reaction Score
Germany don't look like they learned a darn thing from the Mexico loss. Still horrific defending on counter attacks. Sweden could arguably have 2 or 3.

Reaction Score
Germany don't look like they learned a darn thing from the Mexico loss. Still horrific defending on counter attacks. Sweden could arguably have 2 or 3.

yup, shocking

Joachim had better make a drastic change at the half.

Reaction Score
Wow, anyone catch the video of the group of Argentina fans kicking the cr@p out of the Croatian fan after the 3-0 loss? Or the Colombian fans getting a Japanese fan, a girl, to say awful things about herself in Spanish? They were basically saying "Say this...." and Proceeded to " teach her spanish" and got her to say really nasty things in spanish. The colombian was kicked out of the rest of the world cup and I think his job fired him. Later on as "revenge" some Russians got a colombian to say awful things in Russia about colombia. I think "we are all dogs" or something.

Also, I think Argentina is asking Russia to deport those barbaric fans who beat on the Croatian. Plus gay slurs chanted at the German goal keeper in the mexico/Germany match. Folks in the end it is just a game and respect for human dignity should not take a backseat regardless of results. It is sad to see so many poor sports this world cup.

KInd of like when the LA fans put the Giants fan in a coma.

Reaction Score

Soccerers gonna soccer....

Reaction Score
Soccerers gonna soccer....
Disagree. You probably didn't see any of the videos. You are one of the first to actually have an opinion supporting these behaviors of the many people I've spoken to. Actually colombians are really ashamed of the story regarding the colombian "fans" and the Japanese girl so gotta say you are, well, wrong.

Reaction Score
Gomez should have come on the pitch earlier against Mexico too

Reaction Score
Disagree. You probably didn't see any of the videos. You are one of the first to actually have an opinion supporting these behaviors of the many people I've spoken to. Actually colombians are really ashamed of the story regarding the colombian "fans" and the Japanese girl so gotta say you are, well, wrong.

"supporting the behavior..." ????????????????????

To be clear....
I don't support any of that behavior. And, actually, partly because of the crazy behavior on the periphery, I really don't even like soccer.
I watch the WC because of the world wide stage spectacle of it. This year's WC is the first soccer I've watched.... since the last WC.
Never claimed to be an expert or fan even...doesn't mean I don't like some World Cup....

If you want to know what my real views are on soccer, outside of the World Cup...just know that, to me, the very best part of soccer...is listening to Jim Rome talk about it. Google up a few of those....

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Looks like he did.

Edit: bringing on Gomez as another target man has really messed with the organization of the Swedish back line

Now if they’d simply stop trying to take only perfectly clear shots and just send more balls on net with pace, they’d be ahead. It’s the same thing England was doing in their first match and Germany did in the 2nd half against Mexico. Need some long shots against a team packing it in (my personal opinion).

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
What a push over the last ten minutes. Brilliant save by Sweden, a bullet shot off the post and then a perfectly executed set piece to go up, all down a man.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom