WNBA draft thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

WNBA draft thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Literally over? ;)

I thought Peck meant because buildings are usually constructed from the ground up and Mike Thibault chose someone very tall. I thought it made sense.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I'm really diss---appointed. This is ridiculous....

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Atlanta is a great team for Tiff. Playing with Angel she will have a chance to shine, and close to home. Plus the coach is Geno's asst. In London.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Tiff is so well spoken. congrats to her. sounds like the Dream are a great fit for her. and her parents are happy too!

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
I think Tiff will help Angel--get into the playoffs and contend for a championship.

Considering Atlanta has not only made the playoffs, but has made the WNBA Finals the last two years, I am not sure if that will be Tiffany's role.

As an aside, the pick is great, if Hayes is really consistent from three. She turns up the defense (which already was really good), but she will be relied upon for her outside shot (Harding is hot and cold from distance, while McCoughtry is better with her mid-range game than from three).

People should remember it is not where you are drafted, unlike the NBA. The NBA has guaranteed salaries for first round picks; there are no guaranteed roster spots for WNBA first round picks. Thus, the "fit" is much more important. And I do not think Tiffany could have done better in that respect.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Tifffffffff, great landing spot in the ATL. I will have to look for her interview online later on.

She's come a long way, baby!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Atlanta is a great team for Tiff. Playing with Angel she will have a chance to shine, and close to home. Plus the coach is Geno's asst. In London.
All good things. With Angel, Atlanta is a dangerous club. Tiff will be a nice addition in terms of firepower, speed, and defense. And it's semi-close to Lakeland.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I think Tiff will help Angel--get into the playoffs and contend for a championship.
welp everyone else answered for me ;)

I was saying Angel will take Tiff under her wing in getting acclimated with the W

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if the personnel selection in the WNBA is any better than the coaching, which is spotty in my view.

Three words for this draft: height, height, and height. Tiff was the second player under 5'11" chosen (after Prahalis). Most of the first rounders were 6'2" and bigger. There was definitely a move for size. I still think that Tiff should have been in the 8-12 range.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Julie Wojta from Green Bay to Minnesota. A semi-local kid. If she's smart, she'll learn from #23.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Rd. 3 and still no Kizer. Looks like the WNBA folks have wised up to Freses failure to develop players.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
Poor kid. Sitting there, still waiting to be picked.
Yeah, she seems very worried. Too bad she played for a bad coach, so it's her misfortune. Feel bad for her.

Reaction Score
Look at Minnesota's picks, including Jacki Gemelos in the third. They must feel really confident that none of their current players will be lured away.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Look at Minnesota's picks, including Jacki Gemelos in the third. They must feel really confident that none of their current players will be lured away.
At least Jacki got drafted. Tough kid with tough breaks after 4 or 5 knee injuries. She should have been the #2 or #3 pick 2 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rawdawg35

Top Bottom