WNBA -- 2023 Season | Page 38 | The Boneyard

WNBA -- 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
None of the Aces starters even logged 30 minutes in today's game. Hardly excessive.

Reaction Score
Having Emily in with Collier, and Dorka would be a decent front court.
Emily has the guick hands and gets steals on double teams..
That would be a nice line up. I thought for sure Emily was going to get some minutes against the Sparks yesterday.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Just an unfair matchup today. Mercury with DT/BG out have just 3 former 1st round picks on the roster (Jefferson #2 in 2016, Onyenwere #6 in 2021, Turner #11 in 2019). I'm not sure they'll win any games without their 2 stars.

Aces comparatively start 4 former #1 draft picks, including 3 who are in the prime of their career right now. The lone starter who wasn't a #1 pick is Chelsea Gray and she has arguably been the best player from her draft class.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Box score shows her starting and playing 36 minutes. Katie Lou was out of course.
Thx. for straightening me out! Dang all those sisters playing on the same team and messing with my head :rolleyes:
Well, it still doesn't take away from my point that both teams seemed offensively challenged that game ;)
Karlie seemed to have an ok day shooting wise personally, but that was a tedious one....

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dallas comfortably winning vs Atlanta. Amihere getting some minutes late and making the most of them. She looks great on both ends.
Amihere is one of those very rare players who thus far has made it in the WNBA despite never being a regular starter in college. It can happen (Kia Stokes is another example) but only on teams that were truly great for all of their four years, and that generally had other WNBA prospect level players ahead of them.

Some players might be scared off by a scenario where they might not start, but if it is on a high profile team that is loaded this shows the scouts will still be quite aware of you.

Reaction Score
Plum's missing shooting touch appears to be coming back. Not like the Aces weren't rolling thru their schedule anyway, but that just makes them that much tougher to deal with. LV thumping the shorthanded Merc in a matinee today.
Hope you're right. Just remember who Plum was on the court against. Her looks were wide wide wide open.

That's said over the past week Plum has feasted against the bottom of the league. She managed to light up Minnesota and Seattle in addition to her work against the JV squad from Phoenix.

Reaction Score
Just an unfair matchup today. Mercury with DT/BG out have just 3 former 1st round picks on the roster (Jefferson #2 in 2016, Onyenwere #6 in 2021, Turner #11 in 2019). I'm not sure they'll win any games without their 2 stars.

Aces comparatively start 4 former #1 draft picks, including 3 who are in the prime of their career right now. The lone starter who wasn't a #1 pick is Chelsea Gray and she has arguably been the best player from her draft class.
I'm not sure they'll win much with DT and BG back. This dumpster fire gets even more grotesque and fascinating to watch.

Reaction Score
Amihere is one of those very rare players who thus far has made it in the WNBA despite never being a regular starter in college. It can happen (Kia Stokes is another example) but only on teams that were truly great for all of their four years, and that generally had other WNBA prospect level players ahead of them.

Some players might be scared off by a scenario where they might not start, but if it is on a high profile team that is loaded this shows the scouts will still be quite aware of you.
Amihere is just such a long and mobile player. She is 6'4 and I have watched some broadcasts mentioning her wingspan is 6'10 (not sure of the accuracy). I remember when she was the backup PG for SC, and she was defending guards on the perimeter (I remember a matchup against Owusu). She has a lot of tools other players just don't have, and I think she fits in with the Dream.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Hope you're right. Just remember who Plum was on the court against. Her looks were wide wide wide open.

That's said over the past week Plum has feasted against the bottom of the league. She managed to light up Minnesota and Seattle in addition to her work against the JV squad from Phoenix.
Hey don't ruin this for me! 15-21 shooting in the last 2 games sounds good, regardless of the opponents. Especially encouraging that her 3's are starting to go in the bucket, they just weren't most of the season thus far.

Reaction Score
I really hope Engstler sticks with Minnesota. She looked really good tonight in an ugly Lynx loss.
She got off to a rough start (missed layup after an offensive rebound, then got beat for a layup on defense) but I thought she played well after that. Seven rebounds in 17 minutes, and those five assists were off some nice passes. Surely she can play for somebody?

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Sky have DEFINITELY lost their mojo. When Copper and Mabrey both can't hit a shot to save their life, it's not gonna be their night (combined 4-24 I think).

Reaction Score
Can Minnesota beat anyone other than LA this year?
We might sneak a game against Seattle but that is always a tossup. We just don't have people who can make shots. 31% against the Sun. You are not winning many games shooting like that, unless you are playing another rough shooting team.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Lib getting some revenge on the Dream for that loss a couple weeks ago. Finishing off a blowout. JJ having her best game so far in NY, Laney with one of her better outputs of the season. Sloot stat sheet stuffing w/ 16 pts/11 assists/7 steals. Johannes lighting it up from 3 off the bench. All of that means they easily shook off so so games from Stewie and Ionescu.

Reaction Score
Lib getting some revenge on the Dream for that loss a couple weeks ago. Finishing off a blowout. JJ having her best game so far in NY, Laney with one of her better outputs of the season. Sloot stat sheet stuffing w/ 16 pts/11 assists/7 steals. Johannes lighting it up from 3 off the bench. All of that means they easily shook off so so games from Stewie and Ionescu.
Johannes would be a starter on any team in the league. Sloot, Sabrina, and Johannes are going to terrorize other teams this year.
They might not be great defenders, but they will wear you out on the offensive end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom