WNBA -- 2023 Season | Page 37 | The Boneyard

WNBA -- 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I'm not sure who is closer--Gray or Wilson. A'ja was NPOY and is a 2x MVP. Plum, with her WCBB scoring record and current level of play, is on her way. Jackie is probably the farthest away, but she has become a shooter and a star. Her current stats: 21/4/3 on 60/47/83 shooting. Stellar!
Both Wilson and Gray are locks for women's HOF in my opinion. Wilson's young but her accolades and accomplishments are matched by very few. If she got injured and didn't play another day, I'd put her career ahead of many inductees (ex. Swin Cash, Delisha Milton-Jones, Kara Wolters, Penny Taylor, Vicki Bullett, Nikki McCray, Natalie Williams, others). I think she's ahead of Gray, though Gray as well should be a lock as well. Finals MVP, 2x champion, 4x All Star, twice was All-WNBA. I'd only put Taurasi/Vandersloot ahead of her in terms of active guards who are line for HOF spots.

Reaction Score
As a shooting guard she would be second tier behind players like Jewell or Arike. If everyone's a star no one's a star.

That's said she's really currently the only legitimate W player starting for the Mercury. Love her personality and I think she may well have a future after playing in the booth.
Not a star, but a good player. I was at the Phoenix Liberty game and was impressed by her improvement. I made a comment that she would be a really good fit as the 4th option on a good team. But she’s a great example of the league investing in and cultivating young talent. It’s taken her multiple years to adjust to the W, but she was afforded that time to grow and learn. And now by circumstances out of her control, she’s an invaluable part of Phoenix. There could be more players like her if there were more teams or roster spots.

Reaction Score
dorka does the best she can for a rookie, but yes - and mitchell/allen turn the ball over way too much for 'lead' guards. banhams offense sometimes off sets her defense
Having Emily in with Collier, and Dorka would be a decent front court.
Emily has the guick hands and gets steals on double teams..

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Dallas comfortably winning vs Atlanta. Amihere getting some minutes late and making the most of them. She looks great on both ends.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Dallas comfortably winning vs Atlanta. Amihere getting some minutes late and making the most of them. She looks great on both ends.

Dallas plays the most uptempo in the league. Adding Crystal to Arike in the backcourt gives them a ton of speed.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Minnesota beats LA again. Pheesa had 26/14/2/3/1. She's 6th in the W in scoring, averaging nearly 21 ppg.

Dorka played only 8 minutes. Is she ok?

Reaction Score
Minnesota beats LA again. Pheesa had 26/14/2/3/1. She's 6th in the W in scoring, averaging nearly 21 ppg.

Dorka got smacked in the head by Ogwumike and left the game. 2 minutes left in the first half. She may be in concussion protocol.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Per Kristi Tolliver being rested for a few weeks, The Mystics went local for a roster replacement.

According to the Next:
"Washington Mystics guard Kristi Toliver will not participate in basketball activities for at least two weeks due to a lingering foot injury, The Next first reported on Tuesday. Guard Li Meng’s contract was also temporarily suspended on Monday as she prepares to play for China in the Asia Cup from June 26 to July 2.

"Those absences left the Mystics with just nine available players, allowing them to sign rookie guard Abby Meyers to an emergency hardship contract."

Reaction Score
Not a star, but a good player. I was at the Phoenix Liberty game and was impressed by her improvement. I made a comment that she would be a really good fit as the 4th option on a good team. But she’s a great example of the league investing in and cultivating young talent. It’s taken her multiple years to adjust to the W, but she was afforded that time to grow and learn. And now by circumstances out of her control, she’s an invaluable part of Phoenix. There could be more players like her if there were more teams or roster spots.
Absolutely.

I suspect there are more players of the caliber of Sophie. That's independent of the size of the W. I admire how much she gets out of her tank and the positive attitude that she continually displays in the cesspool that is Phoenix.

She has a charisma that does come across the screen and if she wants I would suspect that she can join the next generation of sportscasters after her career ends.

Reaction Score
Dallas plays the most uptempo in the league. Adding Crystal to Arike in the backcourt gives them a ton of speed.
10 Ts in their game against Atlanta....a record for the W regular season.

Arike's comment after her ejection was .....hilarious, she has zero self-awareness among her character "traits". She makes my top 10 list of most unlikable players ever.

She had another hilarious comment in the mid quarter interview of the Seattle game concerning her defense in the first half against Jewel. Ego manifests itself in a number of ways and in Arike's case it's consistently counterproductive for her team. She reminds me of the Timberwolves Karl Anthony Towns in terms of oblivious narcissism.

Dillon77

Reaction Score

Well, Minnesota beat LA 67-61 and if you factor in the points scored and assists dished, 'Phee accounted for 45% of the points that the Lynx scored.

Both teams had numerous offensive contributors out, which could explain -- in part -- the low offensive production.
Minnesota: Jess Shepard, Aerial Powers and Diamond Miller
LA: Layshia Clarendon and Nia Clouden have been out awhile, Lexie Brown a few games and Karlie Samuelson was out for "personal" reasons.

So, the team's stars had to come out and "Pheesa did her part. Nneka Ogwumike played well for the Sparks (20 pts., 9 rebounds), but not quite as good as Ms. Collier. And only one other Spark, Jordin Canada with 10, scored in double figures.

'Phee had solid help from Bridget Carleton (14 points) and Nik Milic, who took Dorka's place and scored 8 points. In a change of pace, Minnesota had solid point guard play, this time with Lindsay Allen who dished out 8 assists in nearly 27 minutes (with only one TO).

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Very Possible Bad News for Sun: Jones Helped off Court at End of Game vs. Storm

According to the linked story below by M.A. Voepel:
"Connecticut Sun forward Brionna Jones had to be helped off the court with an apparent noncontact leg injury during Tuesday night's game at Seattle.

"With just over a minute left, Jones pushed off on her right foot and fell to the court. Her teammates appeared distraught as she reached for her Achilles area.

"Jones did not put any weight on her right leg, and the Sun did not comment on her injury after the game."

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Very Possible Bad News for Sun: Jones Helped off Court at End of Game vs. Storm

According to the linked story below by M.A. Voepel:
"Connecticut Sun forward Brionna Jones had to be helped off the court with an apparent noncontact leg injury during Tuesday night's game at Seattle.

"With just over a minute left, Jones pushed off on her right foot and fell to the court. Her teammates appeared distraught as she reached for her Achilles area.

"Jones did not put any weight on her right leg, and the Sun did not comment on her injury after the game."

Oh man that doesn’t sound good. Fingers crossed she’s able to come back this year, she’s really been finding her groove lately.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I was watching the game last night and saw it. Certainly reminded me of when Nykesha Sales popped her Achilles. Totally non contact. Very unfortunate for Brionna and the team.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Plum's missing shooting touch appears to be coming back. Not like the Aces weren't rolling thru their schedule anyway, but that just makes them that much tougher to deal with. LV thumping the shorthanded Merc in a matinee today.

Reaction Score
Plum's missing shooting touch appears to be coming back. Not like the Aces weren't rolling thru their schedule anyway, but that just makes them that much tougher to deal with. LV thumping the shorthanded Merc in a matinee today.
Up 23 with 4 minutes left and A'ja was still in the game.
Taking chances with that type of lead is stupid.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Up 23 with 4 minutes left and A'ja was still in the game.
Taking chances with that type of lead is stupid.
No lead is safe if they put all 5 subs in together. That group simply can't score, or do anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom