WNBA 2023 Season, Part 2 | Page 9 | The Boneyard

WNBA 2023 Season, Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
the Sun REALLY miss Bri Jones. The Wings have two huge centers, and the Sun are trying to keep them away from the basket with Bonner at around 140 and Nelson-Ododa at 160. Bonner, with a bad back, is giving up close to 100 lb to McCowan and Brown, both of whom had nice games tonight.

Reaction Score
With 11-12 games left, depending on the team, it is going to be interesting to see what happens in the playoff race and for the lottery teams.

Reaction Score
If Washington gets EDD and Austin back for the playoffs, and makes it they will be a dangerous team.
I love EDD and Austin is one of my favorite players of this new generation of players to watch. Washington could be dangerous in the playoffs. Just depends on how healthy EDD and Austin are with 11-12 games left and during the playoffs.

Reaction Score
After missing almost the entirety of the previous game, Bonner was back for the Sun but only scored 3 points. Connecticut lost both games. Who is the real MVP of that team? I kid, I kid, but I think it does highlight that A. Thomas ain't doing it by herself, and without much help from Bonner they are now officially on a losing streak.

Dallas really needed that win after stumbling a bit themselves lately.

And Atlanta lost to LA. I'm telling ya, NOBODY wants to be in the #4 spot.
Home court advantage at this time of year should never be underestimated particularly the coast to coast travel.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Hawkins playing for Washington today, didn't miss any games after having to leave early in the previous game. Not only that, but looks like Shakira Austin has come in off the bench and back in action today.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks like she slowing down a bit in the 3rd quarter. Sloot also has 11 assists. Still almost 15 minutes to go, both could end up with really big stat lines.

Indiana was hanging tough for a while but now getting blown out.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Stewie with what I think is her 3rd 40 point game of the season. That's gotta be another record. Seems like records are falling left and right this year.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Also Ionescu joined Taurasi and Plum as the only players to hit 100 3's in a season. She's far from done, another record (single season made 3s) that is destined to fall.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Have we ever had 2 40 point scorers on the same day before? Loyd might make that happen.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well...Loyd had 23 at the half, and scored 1 more point the rest of the way. But Seattle got the win. The battle between the Storm and the Merc for 10th place is actually getting fairly interesting.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Queen Egbo is really thriving now that she joined the mystics. For her development it’s one of the best things to happen to her, she gets to play much more every game now. For Indiana, still a horrible trade IMO

I was going to post something similar. I saw more today fro Egbo than I’ve seen from Zahui B since she’s been with Indiana. No clue what Dunn was thinking unless Washington is covering most of Zahui’s salary, which is way bigger than Egbo’s.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Aces are trying to survive with no Clark, and poor shooting games from Wilson, Young and Plum. Cayla George of all people is bailing them out.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Well I guess the Aces can play subpar for 3 quarters, wake up and still win by 20. Against some teams anyway.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
the Sun REALLY miss Bri Jones. The Wings have two huge centers, and the Sun are trying to keep them away from the basket with Bonner at around 140 and Nelson-Ododa at 160. Bonner, with a bad back, is giving up close to 100 lb to McCowan and Brown, both of whom had nice games tonight.

Also this:

Across Candace Parker's Timeline

@WBBTimeline

Satou Sabally, folks. She's the 1st player in WNBA history to finish a game with: 25+ PTS 8+ REB 5+ STL 4+ AST 3+ 3PM https://link.acrossthetimeline.com/stat-HYSuL

Finally injury-free: remarkable player; even more remarkable person.

Reaction Score
Can we officially say that the list of 2023 MVP candidates has been narrowed down 3? Stewart, Wilson and Thomas.

What each candidate could benefit from IMO:

Thomas: More triple doubles, the more she has, the harder she will be to overlook. The Sun closing out the season strong. Outperforming Stewart in their two remaining matchups. Could benefit from some high scoring nights to lift her ppg average closer to historical MVP numbers.

Wilson: The aces handing the liberty two more losses, and outperforming Stewart in those games. If Vegas runs the table from here, going 37-3, and Wilson continues to produce at her averages, she’ll be the best player on the best team, maybe of all time. Some voters place the best player on the best team as their most important criteria.

Stewart: Has the opportunity to face Wilson and Thomas two more times each. Has the biggest opportunity to leave a final impression on voters. Would benefit from some efficient shooting games to increase her averages. Her stats year over year are very similar, but her MVP season stands out because of her field goal percentages. If somehow the liberty catch Vegas and clinch the #1 seed, Stewart would be hard to deny.

All three are great choices, and great players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom