Wichita St. to AAC Next Year (Officially Official) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Wichita St. to AAC Next Year (Officially Official)

Reaction Score
And how much is it costing us?
If they were to get a full split, likely a little more than $100k a year. It's unlikely they get a full split. Also every time they make the tournament, it's like $200k for each school in the conference.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Totally wrong. Each of the last theee coaches has taken them to the sweet 16. They had great teams and players in the 80s? Remember Xaver McDaniel? They have a great following, and when UConn plays there the place will be rocking, unlike the tombs we usually visit. They have a great baseball program too. You're just an east coast snob, be honest.

What am I wrong about? That in the past 40 seasons they've had three separate coaches take them to a Sweet 16? Good for them

Wichita State is a decent basketball program, that has over achieved and outkicked their coverage with Marshall. If he resigned today, how many on here would want them? That's my point.

I just hate to see our Frankenstein league become even more spread out and add a few more hayseed schools we have nothing in common with.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I would much prefer not be affiliated with a school being floated by the Koch brothers.

OMG JSMH
But if it were George Soros?????

I hear George Soros is slated to be the next general manager for hell's basketball team.

Reaction Score
Every member of this conference lacks in something - whether no/lousy football (us, Wichita), bad academics (a lot of schools), small market shares, something...

I'm all for swallowing up good programs to keep everyone mostly afloat while working to get out of the conference - but I just don't know how that happens. Our football is appealing to no one.

Reaction Score
It is interesting that it seems to be the same posters that hate everything about everything. When we won our last title I woder if they complained about making more room in the trophy case.

Reaction Score
Can we change the title of this thread so I can enjoy my last few hours of pretending we aren't sharing a conference with that clown school?
That clown school's basketball team is currently better than any basketball team in this clown conference and their baseball team is always better than any team in this clown conference.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Every member of this conference lacks in something - whether no/lousy football (us, Wichita), bad academics (a lot of schools), small market shares, something...

I'm all for swallowing up good programs to keep everyone mostly afloat while working to get out of the conference - but I just don't know how that happens. Our football is appealing to no one.

But why add a school that checks virtually all of those boxes. Zero market. Laughable academics. No football.

This will be yet another albatross around our necks come the next TV negotiation. We should be reducing, not expanding, to extract value out of this league.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
That clown school's basketball team is currently better than any basketball team in this clown conference and their baseball team is always better than any team in this clown conference.

Wow, baseball, had I only known.

Please tell me how Wichita helps us with our next TV contract? Because the one thing we should be worrying about we clearly aren't.

Reaction Score
What am I wrong about? That in the past 40 seasons they've had three separate coaches take them to a Sweet 16? Good for them

Wichita State is a decent basketball program, that has over achieved and outkicked their coverage with Marshall. If he resigned today, how many on here would want them? That's my point.

I just hate to see our Frankenstein league become even more spread out and add a few more hayseed schools we have nothing in common with.
The conference is a Frankenstein no matter what, Wichita St. is pretty much a better option than any other team in this Frankenstein league. We have things in common with P5 schools and nothing in common with these schools, we know already know that. This all sounds like whining from you. What exactly do you propose?

Reaction Score
Wow, baseball, had I only known.

Please tell me how Wichita helps us with our next TV contract? Because the one thing we should be worrying about we clearly aren't.
Who helps us with that? This should be interesting.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
But why add a school that checks virtually all of those boxes. Zero market. Laughable academics. No football.

This will be yet another albatross around our necks come the next TV negotiation. We should be reducing, not expanding, to extract value out of this league.

Because it boosts our attendance. The #6 shockers come to town and we show em what its like when we get the joint rockin and put a beatin on em. Competition makes us better and puts butts in the seats. Butts in the seats gives us good optics for any realignment in the future. Its a means to the end.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
AD confirms: Source: Wichita State to join American Athletic Conference
"WICHITA, Kan. (KAKE) -

Wichita State University will leave the Missouri Valley Conference and become a member of the American Athletic Conference, a WSU Athletic Department source tells KAKE News. The source said WSU will begin play in all sports in the AAC in the 2017-18 school year."

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
The league had to do something. We should try and grab VCU if we are going to make a concerted effort to improve basketball as well, and another school to even things out. Maybe a Northeastern school. URI?

Reaction Score
Men's basketball is what put UConn on the map and we are all concerned with the state of our program right now, one of those reasons being we are stuck in a dreadful conference and don't have enough good people to play. We add a school who has been to 6 straight tournaments including a final 4, is ranked in the top 10 heading into next season, pays their coach more than any other school in our conference and has more people come out to watch their games than anyone else in the conference and people are mad. This board defies all logic sometimes.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

You could say much the same of UConn. A hayseed school that outkicked its coverage. Isn't that what we were? Many still see us that way. I tire of the arrogance really.

We are the misfit in this league. Not them. Maybe Tulane as well from an academic perspective. But our basketball program needs to play in a league that has at least some respect. This will help a lot. Marshall is a top ten paid coach. He's not leaving any time soon.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

You're pretending that basketball or baseball mean something. They don't. Only football matters. The media outlets will greet this news with a collective yawn.

Reaction Score
You could say much the same of UConn. A hayseed school that outkicked its coverage. Isn't that what we were? Many still see us that way. I tire of the arrogance really.

We are the misfit in this league. Not them. Maybe Tulane as well from an academic perspective. But our basketball program needs to play in a league that has at least some respect. This will help a lot. Marshall is a top ten paid coach. He's not leaving any time soon.

Ca't disagree with this more.

UConn is the large state school (the only one) of a state of 3.6 affluent people.

It has an academic reputation.

I mean, there is just no comparison whatsoever.

If anything, UConn should have performed better prior to its BE entrance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom