Wichita St. to AAC Next Year (Officially Official) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Wichita St. to AAC Next Year (Officially Official)

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
IMG_5287.JPG

Reaction Score
Great news adding one of the more consistent CBB teams over the last five years. Great to see the AAC adding a team that could realistically be the conference's best team next season.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
How about nothing from KO? We have a school release, that is plenty good for a conference that has its hands balls deep in our pockets and is now sending our sports teams out to Kansas year round.

This is why people roll their eyes at and don't take the Fire KO crowd seriously. Every time you have temper tantrums over things that don't matter at all, your credibility drops to the point where even when your concerns are legitimate, it's hard to take you seriously.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
This is why people roll their eyes at and don't take the Fire KO crowd seriously. Every time you have temper tantrums over things that don't matter at all, your credibility drops to the point where even when your concerns are legitimate, it's hard to take you seriously.

The dude is driving our program straight into the ground and you and your crowd want to crow over WSU and pretend he is executing some master strategy with the lineup. If you are happy with WSU, or happy with where our program is and is heading, then you enabling the problem. If we were a real program,he'd be gone by now. It's that simple.

Reaction Score
Ollie won a championship, we'll be fine, if there's a need to recover. But this year (and maybe next) are make or break for Ollie at this point.

Reaction Score
The dude is driving our program straight into the ground and you and your crowd want to crow over WSU and pretend he is executing some master strategy with the lineup. If you are happy with WSU, or happy with where our program is and is heading, then you enabling the problem. If we were a real program,he'd be gone by now. It's that simple.
Tubby Smith lasted 10 years at Kentucky. Tom Cream got 9 at Indiana. Those aren't real programs either, I guess.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Tubby Smith lasted 10 years at Kentucky. Tom Cream got 9 at Indiana. Those aren't real programs either, I guess.

You realize that Tubby finished 1/2 in the SEC in all but three seasons, made it to at least the second round every year, had one championship, 3 elite 8's and 2 sweet 16's otherwise. He basically got fired for only making it to the second round two years in a row. Sounds a lot better than KO, and he still got canned.

And you are basically asking us to become Indiana with the KO love.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score

Dude. He didn't even say the goshdarn quote. It was pre-written and his picture was slapped on top of it by an intern.

This has nothing to do with strategies or lineups. This is just you not being on the same planet as the rest of us.

How is not embarrassing myself by acting like a spoiled brat on a message board even though I'm a grown man "enabling the problem?"

You want to know what I think is our biggest obstacle to being a "real program?" Babies who refuse to come to games if we aren't playing Syracuse or Georgetown or Villanova, and whine and complain about adding a program that outdrew us with Drake and Loyola on their home schedule.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
You realize that Tubby finished 1/2 in the SEC in all but three seasons, made it to at least the second round every year, had one championship, 3 elite 8's and 2 sweet 16's otherwise. He basically got fired for only making it to the second round two years in a row. Sounds a lot better than KO, and he still got canned.

And you are basically asking us to become Indiana with the KO love.

Oh yeah, because we fire KO and the guy who replaces him will definitely get back to JC levels.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Oh yeah, because we fire KO and the guy who replaces him will definitely get back to JC levels.

Luckily for the next guy, there is now a ton of space between JC levels and KO levels, so it's hard not to imagine that 3m a year will get us an improvement in the mighty AAC.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
Luckily for the next guy, there is now a ton of space between JC levels and KO levels, so it's hard not to imagine that 3m a year will get us an improvement in the mighty AAC.

You think we are paying that much for our next coach? Hah. Between the strain buying KO out would do on an AD already strapped for cash, OBE money running out, and the absolutely pitiful AAC payout compared to the P5, you'd be surprised.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
With your imagination I imagine. With my imagination I don't imagine.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
This is a Shocker welcome thread.
You cannot bash Ollie on this for heavens sake. My dog photo however, c'mon? No likes. That is relevant.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Finally, and maybe without admitting it, you have hit the truth (which I agree with) - KO is only still here because of his albatross of a contract. This is the root problem of the entire AD, absolute financial ineptitude, from the TV deal to the coaching contracts.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
With your imagination I imagine. With my imagination I don't imagine.

It is incredible that this guy is standing in your house pouring gas and tossing matches and you still think he is the best house-sitter you can find. I give up, with this base we are absolutely doomed to mediocrity (or worse?). I can't wait to see KO welcome Dayton as our next dance partner.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
It is incredible that this guy is standing in your house pouring gas and tossing matches and you still think he is the best house-sitter you can find. I give up, with this base we are absolutely doomed to mediocrity (or worse?). I can't wait to see KO welcome Dayton as our next dance partner.
Dude...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I've been critical of him at times, but you've just lost it here. These are the nonsensical ramblings of a lunatic mind.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
This is a Shocker welcome thread.
You cannot bash Ollie on this for heavens sake. My dog photo however, c'mon? No likes. That is relevant.
You got a like from me.

She's beautiful.

Reaction Score
You realize that Tubby finished 1/2 in the SEC in all but three seasons
You realize that Tubby inherited a team wholesale that had been to back to back championship games, that was in a stable conference, that was not under recruiting sanctions, and was not banned from the NCAAs, right? He inherited a juggernaut from Pitino and didn't have to do anything keep keep that train chugging. KO lost Drummond, Lamb, Oriahki, and Roscoe before he did anything, and had to essentially recruit Boat, Shabazz, and Daniels to a team that couldn't play in any postseason. Apples to airplanes here.

KO deserves criticism. If next year is a disaster (we may define that in different ways, to be fair), my attitude right now will be different. But Tom Crean inherited something relatively akin to KO (scholarship reductions, etc.) but still had the B10 to sell, and got 9 years to be mediocre. KO won a title.

Reaction Score
WestHartHusk seems unhinged but I'm wondering what it would take for you to ever ponder that Ollie might not be the right guy or even be critical of him? Would another incomplete roster and an awful season do it? Two more bad seasons, three?

Reaction Score
Never mind all that, the guy wears PURPLE SUITS.

Stainmaster

Reaction Score
WestHartHusk seems unhinged but I'm wondering what it would take for you to ever ponder that Ollie might not be the right guy or even be critical of him? Would another incomplete roster and an awful season do it? Two more bad seasons, three?

Whatever that point is, I can confidently say it hasn't been reached as of right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom