Wichita St. to AAC Next Year (Officially Official) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Wichita St. to AAC Next Year (Officially Official)

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Good question. The $264,859 is paid each year for 6 years, so the total value of making the NCAA tourney is just under $1.6M. You can add another $1.6M per team and per win. In other words, if the AAC has 4 teams make the tournament, 2 teams lose their first game (1 credit per game x 2 teams = 2 credits), 1 team loses in the round of 32 (1 credit per game x 1 team = 2 credits), and 1 team loses in the elite 8 (1 credit per game x 1 team = 4 credits), that's a total of 8 credits. The conference get $2.12M per year for the next 6 years (plus whatever they had earned in previous tournaments).

Ah didn't realize that the credit is paid out over 6 years, so it's really that $264k x 6.

Thanks!

Reaction Score
I been saying since the conference was formed that a cursory look st the teams in conference BB history and It was apparent a couple of BB adds and this becomes a significant conference
Sorry Mr Arrsco but this move might be a little late
How much damage has been done to
Memphis.UConn,and Temple
ECU should have been FB only and we should have added 2 BB onlies
One of the reasons I'm not an Aresco Fan. His lack of foresight hurt. It wasn't until the possibility of UConn's departure seemed very real that this move was made.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
It's a mortal lock that UConn / SMU / Cincinnati / Wichita will all play each other in home and homes.

ECU / USF / Tulane will playing each other in home and homes is a lock as well.

Maximizing the top programs play each other is something even the AAC can't screw up.

Reaction Score
It's OK I guess, but it doesn't quicken my pace or heartbeat one iota walking into the XL to see them.

Reaction Score
They will be a net positive financially. Hard to argue against this one.

They're not going to move the needle for TV contract, but hopefully they get some tourny credits.

Reaction Score
It's a mortal lock that UConn / SMU / Cincinnati / Wichita will all play each other in home and homes.

ECU / USF / Tulane will playing each other in home and homes is a lock as well.

Maximizing the top programs play each other is something even the AAC can't screw up.

Sadly, if the AAC is going by recent times, it will be Memphis, SMU, Cincy, WSU that will be the mortal lock.

Reaction Score
They're not going to move the needle for TV contract, but hopefully they get some tourny credits.

They will give us some better RPI games to play against. This will matter at end of the season regarding SOS. Hopefully, Marshall stays and they can stay good. Of course most of us rather have Kansas as rivalry, but that ship sailed along with the dysfunctional soon-to-be-dead B12.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's OK I guess, but it doesn't quicken my pace or heartbeat one iota walking into the XL to see them.

It does for me. Best conference game on the schedule, hands down. Best road game too. Maybe I'm biased, as I have followed WSU since the great teams of the 80's with Antoine Carr, Xavier McDaniel and others. My dad is from Wichita and I have a few relatives who attended the school.

I'll sum it up this way though. Shocker fans care about basketball. Can we really say that about our other conference foes? Maybe Memphis.

Reaction Score
It does for me. Best conference game on the schedule, hands down. Best road game too. Maybe I'm biased, as I have followed WSU since the great teams of the 80's with Antoine Carr, Xavier McDaniel and others. My dad is from Wichita and I have a few relatives who attended the school.

I'll sum it up this way though. Shocker fans care about basketball. Can we really say that about our other conference foes? Maybe Memphis.

I hear ya - no disrespect. I'm still working through the Five Stages over the Big East.....

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

Feel like Cincinnati and SMU pack the house, but agreed overall, if they are ranked they become one of the best games on the slate.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Feel like Cincinnati and SMU pack the house, but agreed overall, if they are ranked they become one of the best games on the slate.

Cincinnati usually brings a good crowd. SMU has recently, because these were the only good teams they've had since Jon Koncak. It's a football school. So is Houston now, despite Phi Slama Jama. Memphis cares, but isn't very good now. WSU Ranks High on National Attendance Chart

Reaction Score
20.jpg

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
KO sounds more and more like Diaco everyday. Do we really need to wait to see how this ends?

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
KO sounds more and more like Diaco everyday. Do we really need to wait to see how this ends?

You're making that leap from one statement crafted by a mid to low-level AD employee and attributed to KO? Jesus H. Christ. Every single program in the conference did one of those and plastered their coaches' faces over them.

Ollie Derangement Syndrome has reached endemic levels.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
Not a leap, I am simply adding that statement to his catalog of nonsense. I guess I should be grateful that KO sees them as our partner in developing a basketball program.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Not a leap, I am simply adding that statement to his catalog of nonsense. I guess I should be grateful that KO sees them as our partner in developing a basketball program.

You're lost. This is not his statement. This is off of a template the conference distributed to all of the current schools' ADs and instructed them to fill in the blanks. This is literally of absolutely no consequence. There are actual things to critique KO for, and you guys choose this? I guess I'm not surprised, seeing as you folks call people who don't think KO should be axed immediately snowflakes who go to ladies' support groups.

Besides, what the hell did you want them to release? "This is absolutely beneath UConn, we refuse to associate with garbage programs like WSU, get us out of this conference and into the ACC now!"? Did you actually think that was something they would consider saying instead? My god.

WestHartHusk

Reaction Score
You're lost. This is not his statement. This is off of a template the conference distributed to all of the current schools' ADs and instructed them to fill in the blanks. This is literally of absolutely no consequence. There are actual things to critique KO for, and you guys choose this? I guess I'm not surprised, seeing as you folks call people who don't think KO should be axed immediately snowflakes who go to ladies' support groups.

Besides, what the hell did you want them to release? "This is absolutely beneath UConn, we refuse to associate with garbage programs like WSU, get us out of this conference and into the ACC now!"? Did you actually think that was something they would consider saying instead? My god.

How about nothing from KO? We have a school release, that is plenty good for a conference that has its hands balls deep in our pockets and is now sending our sports teams out to Kansas year round.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom