Why cant this program act normal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Why cant this program act normal

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're stretching a bit...

You can't complain about not posting a two-deep, and then complain about having two of a position. It's sort of unpossible.

Going into a season with only 1 usable K or P or LS would be significantly worse. We've done that before, too...

lol - come on. having a two deep doesnt mean you need 4 scholarship kickers and punters.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand the hand wringing about this at all. It’s a non-issue.
Agreed
Just shows how far some fans have sunken too. To actually create a thread over a non issue- where all that should matter is the product on the field- analyze and critique that- but this?
Sad man

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
99% of college and professional football teams put out a two deep to start the season.

We're over here talking about participation teams and development squads.

We've also won 18 games the past 8 seasons.

Yeah, keep telling yourself this kind of stuff is normal and everyone is overreacting and everything is fine.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
99% of college and professional football teams put out a two deep to start the season.

Yeah, keep telling yourself this kind of stuff is normal and everyone is overreacting and everything is fine.

i dont know what is worse?

1. too dopey to actually get what is going on
2. too much of a sycophant to admit how broken things are

Reaction Score

Would you compare it with Key starters vs non Key starters?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

I really gotta think that even the 1% fanboys here deep down have to know this is program in general is sheer lunacy.

Would you compare it with Key starters vs non Key starters?

As long as Edsall doesn't yank Beaudry if/when (big if) we get into the red zone, I'll still give Whacko Diaco the edge there.

Reaction Score

I'm of the perception of Exit 4 that this is a ploy to have players not jump for the transfer window, which is good for the program short term, but also of your view that it says something about how hot the dumpster fire is.

With that being said and your 'program is broken' beliefs, serious question, outside of releasing a 2-deep, how do you propose the program be fixed? Are you in the Serrano camp where we should just close the lid on the dumpster, or do you just wish we hired some other coach & all would be right with the world?

I wish we had the funds to pony up for some hotshot (Les Miles would never have come here but if we were able to shove 3mil in his face, maybe it would've spoken loudly enough) but we know that's not happening until we get into a better conference situation, and that may never happen.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I'm of the perception of Exit 4 that this is a ploy to have players not jump for the transfer window, which is good for the program short term, but also of your view that it says something about how hot the dumpster fire is.

With that being said and your 'program is broken' beliefs, serious question, outside of releasing a 2-deep, how do you propose the program be fixed? Are you in the Serrano camp where we should just close the lid on the dumpster, or do you just wish we hired some other coach & all would be right with the world?

I wish we had the funds to pony up for some hotshot (Les Miles would never have come here but if we were able to shove 3mil in his face, maybe it would've spoken loudly enough) but we know that's not happening until we get into a better conference situation, and that may never happen.

When the season ends fire everyone. Find every penny you can dig up and make the best hire you can make.

They might not win either but until they get someone(s) who can recruit this ain’t gonna change.

If they are afraid of the transfer portal they are already d.o.a this season. The more they preach brotherhood and family the more it sounds like they are trying to convince themselves.

Reaction Score

Nobody said it’s normal. But what does putting out a two deep have to do with performance on the field? There will be 11 starters on offense and 11 on defense. All 68 participants won’t be on the field at the same time. This conformist mentality is sad
Who really cares what 99% of college teams are doing?

Yeah, UTEP will be putting out a 2 deep....Get my point?
Just go out and compete. Who cares about the window dressing?

Reaction Score
Actually no. I’m positive there is a legitimate starting lineup and he’s deciding to do things the way he wants-which has always been the way he operates.

There’s also a chance he’s playing games with how the opposing teams will scout/prepare for us.
If there's a legitimate starting lineup then he should say so. He's not fooling anybody. This team barely won a game last year. Anybody scouting us will watch the Wagner game and know exactly who is playing where.

All this move tells me is that there are a lot of positions where no one solidified themselves as starting caliber, so he's going the throw s*** at the wall and hope it sticks (again).

This sounds like Diaco's exhibition games all over again.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Nobody said it’s normal. But what does putting out a two deep have to do with performance on the field? There will be 11 starters on offense and 11 on defense. All 68 participants won’t be on the field at the same time. This conformist mentality is sad
Who really cares what 99% of college teams are doing?

Yeah, UTEP will be putting out a 2 deep....Get my point?
Just go out and compete. Who cares about the window dressing?

The program can't compete, due to leadership which can't get out of its own way. An example being, not releasing a 2-Deep like every other program.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
The program can't compete, due to leadership which can't get out of its own way. An example being, not releasing a 2-Deep like every other program.

it’s like Edsall took his Maryland experience and took away the opposite of what he should have learned.

no cell phones in the dining hall. galaxy brain stuff.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
this is the kind of nonsense you pull when 7 years of fcs recruiting leaves you a roster that can’t compete
This is the issue. And time is going to be our biggest ally correcting it. Time on the field, time to mature, and time to recruit. I suspect that's why a lot of people aren't obsessing over this season. As long as there is meaningful progress, I'll be satisfied.

Reaction Score
When the season ends fire everyone. Find every penny you can dig up and make the best hire you can make.

They might not win either but until they get someone(s) who can recruit this ain’t gonna change.

If they are afraid of the transfer portal they are already d.o.a this season. The more they preach brotherhood and family the more it sounds like they are trying to convince themselves.

Close the lid. They already sealed the program’s fate this summer.

Toe tag time.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I can't believe this thread got to page 4. Edsall is running the team like a youth rec league coach, but that may be because we have rec league talent. The two deep, or lack of one, is not the issue.

Reaction Score
How did I come to shaking my head at your onions (ooops opinions)

Shrug. This isn’t a big deal. I can bet that he’s not rotating lots of guys OLine. And a few have solid slots on DB. But ...
Right. We can do the online and the qb and here’s the 2 deep for running back: Mensah. Thompkins. Here it is for quarterback: Beaudry. Krewjewski. Would you prefer starters and key backups?

Reaction Score
If there's a legitimate starting lineup then he should say so. He's not fooling anybody. This team barely won a game last year. Anybody scouting us will watch the Wagner game and know exactly who is playing where.

All this move tells me is that there are a lot of positions where no one solidified themselves as starting caliber, so he's going the throw s*** at the wall and hope it sticks (again).

This sounds like Diaco's exhibition games all over again.
Ok. So is it possible that there is no clear separation between the 1’s and 2’s- let me ask, why can that only be considered bad? Couldn’t that be a good thing that either level could start? What I recall last year, and what I know about younger players, when you know you’re a starter you can get complacent.

Randy has always preached promoting competition.

And no, he shouldn’t say anything that he doesn’t feel like saying. Not sticking up for him but clearly he operates outside the perimeter and that’s his prerogative. This notion that he should do something because you say he should is nonsense.

The best 22 players will start the game on Thursday. That’s a certainty. What happens after that depends on how they’re performing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom