Why cant this program act normal | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Why cant this program act normal

Reaction Score
Do we really care what piece of paper he submits to the press? Win some f&$%# games
Exactly! Washington was suspended for three weeks and he was listed #2 on the depth chart. That just goes to show how much that piece of paper means.

Reaction Score
I'm going to totally disregard Randy's mindgames at this point and just wait to see what kind of a team rolls out onto the field next Thursday night.
Agree.....
Do we really care what piece of paper he submits to the press? Win some f&$%# games
Agree....

WHO CARES ???? The guys on the field are the ones and the guys on the sidelines are the twos, it's really simple. Not attacking others take on a depth chart but not many of the other 129 schools are fielding a team as young as UConn. Sounds like the staff would like to analyze players against competition other than themselves. Still digging out of the hole inherited. Ones and twos will become apparent in time......

Reaction Score
I get what he’s saying but all I can picture is Oprah...

“You get a position, you get a position, you get a position...”

This thread is gold. It's exactly the mojo we need to not go 0-12. Speaking of Oprah...

Provda Matt thinks it means they have great depth.

Because they are going to play 8 D lineman... lol.
You get a like...
Eerily Diaco-like.
you get a like...
Think we're taking this Independence stuff a bit too literally.
you get a like...
edsall probably wants the games to not be open to the media at this point.
you get a like...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree.....
Agree....

WHO CARES ???? The guys on the field are the ones and the guys on the sidelines are the twos, it's really simple. Not attacking others take on a depth chart but not many of the other 129 schools are fielding a team as young as UConn. Sounds like the staff would like to analyze players against competition other than themselves. Still digging out of the hole inherited. Ones and twos will become apparent in time.

Posters said this about key starters. I like a professionally run football program. But I’m crazy like that.

Reaction Score
Much ado about nothing. Lots of guys will play especially early with new redshirt rule. I can probably do most positions.
Totally agree. Who cares about some stupid list. Just go out and compete in ball games- whomever is on the field. Two deep never has nor ever will mean squat- besides what everyone is accustomed to. The best players will be on the field for each game

But that’s how far this fan base has sunken to where something like this can garner a negative reaction. 65ish players will be ready to play on game day. Be ready!

Perhaps there isn’t clear separation between 1’s and 2’s- which could be a decent thing. Who the heck knows.
Can’t wait for Thursday!

Reaction Score
Does it matter whether he has a two-deep or participation list? No.

Does it matter who is on it? No.

Is it a mix of weird, stupid, pathetic, and unnecessary? Yes.

Or he's a trend-setter, and programs around the country will start to have "participation" lists. Next up, participation trophies.

Reaction Score
Instead of a scout team and 2 deep Randy is going to have a “participation team” and a “development team”. Which is essentially the same thing. He never said anything about a participation list in alphabetical order.

Reaction Score
Instead of a scout team and 2 deep Randy is going to have a “participation team” and a “development team”. Which is essentially the same thing. He never said anything about a participation list in alphabetical order.
Yup... I wanted to go back and listen again but haven’t had time because I thought I missed the “alphabetical” part first time through.

Reaction Score
It’s irrelevant except that it would be nice to return to some semblance of normative behavior. We can’t even get a friggin piece of paper filled out before kickoff.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
129 other FBS programs manage to not have this level of madness.

Publish a frigging two deep - edsall probably wants the games to not be open to the media at this point.

Maybe you can coach them from your couch or computer chair at work.

I would like a two deep, but in all honesty all I care about is winning games.

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
My guess is the players know who is playing and who isn't. Again that is all that matters along with winning.The rest is for those who like to complain can now complain more because of coach speak.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom