Why cant this program act normal | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Why cant this program act normal

Reaction Score
Randy could get up and take a dump on the podium and folks would say that’s a good sign for this season.

I don't think there's many good signs for this season, I just think there's already enough bad signs, I don't need to worry about stuff that doesn't matter at all too.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They should have a two-deep. I know it is an annoyance for football coaches, but there is no advantage to not having one. To me, if you don't want a two deep to unveil, go coach high school football.

Those are starting lineups for the fans and people watching the game.

No names on back of uniform and no two-deep?

Not a big deal, to be honest, just a minor annoyance.
Hardly an inconvenience?

Reaction Score
Lol, relax “Whaler-lite” you and your primary personality have had a multiple page dump on the program and hurled middle school insults at what a half dozen posters. You’ve over played whatever entertainment value was in your schtick. It’s time to give it a rest.

The passive aggressive pant load pansy act is minor league trolling at its best.

CL82

Reaction Score

Randy could get up and take a dump on the podium and folks would say that’s a good sign for this season.
All this nonsense is to protect his players. Edsall knows we don’t have enough depth or maturity to fully compete. But it’s not like he can just throw his hands up and give up. The only fix is better players and time... neither of which are in high supply.
I kind of think there is element of Randy thinking:

1. OMG, I have to coach this sheetshow? It's not that cupboard was bare when I got here, it's that there wasn't even a cupboard.​
2. As if that monumental rebuild wasn't enough, the emeffers dropped us to independent?! Like it wasn't hard enough to keep talent here.​
3. And this stupid state made me hire a lawyer so my kid could coach with with me. I talked to Benedict about it. It was a big part of me taking this gig for below market.​
4. Fook it. I'm not doing any of the sheet that I freaking hate. No 2 deep. No injury reports. None of it. What they going to do fire me? I wish!​

Reaction Score
They haven’t listened to anybody. The crowd Thursday night would fit in Memorial Stadium with room for $5k more.

My breaking point was this summer. I likely won’t set foot in the Rent this year.
Hey bud...You’re certainly entitled. Still won’t change the fact that at 6:50ish dem boys will run out the tunnel preparing for another season. God bless em!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wondering where your true breaking point is? Because as it looks to me, as crazy and embarrassing as you call this program, it’s equally crazy that you come here to scream how crazy they are over and over again- and they actually aren’t listening to you. LOL. They just keep rolling out the (according to you) craziness. Hahaha.

That’s the comical part. How many different ways can Whaler call a program crazy? I think the time spent here is causing you to go mad.

So mad that you created an alter ego called Serrano- and to watch him (you) stick up for you (yourself) is priceless.

And to tout how right you’ve been all along on a message board makes me wonder if you’re validation deprived outside the internet world?

3...2...1 (Whaler with a Javy reference or personal connection attack and that I’m not a real fan)

3..2..1 (Log into Serrano and launch counter attack)

Too funny

lol the program is a joke lets attack whaler because he says it.

yeah serrano is my burner... we totally aren’t different people who have met dozens of people from the site.

CL82

Reaction Score
They are two different men.
tin-foil-hat.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says: Or are they?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I kind of think there is element of Randy thinking:

1. OMG, I have to coach this sheetshow? It's not that cupboard was bare when I got here, it's that there wasn't even a cupboard.​
2. As if that monumental rebuild wasn't enough, the emeffers dropped us to independent?! Like it wasn't hard enough to keep talent here.​
3. And this stupid state made me hire a lawyer so my kid could coach with with me. I talked to Benedict about it. It was a big part of me taking this gig for below market.​
4. Fook it. I'm not doing any of the sheet that I freaking hate. No 2 deep. No injury reports. None of it. What they going to do fire me? I wish!​

lol totally reasonable behavior for a state employee who makes 7 figures.

benedict is a clown allowing this to devolve to this point.

Reaction Score
They haven’t listened to anybody. The crowd Thursday night would fit in Memorial Stadium with room for $5k more.

My breaking point was this summer. I likely won’t set foot in the Rent this year.

If I was in Connecticut I'd go to the games. Why was this summer your breaking point? Was it the BigEast move? I at first hated it, but I think being an inch for FB is going to be better. For baseball, I think it is worse, but the move is fine with me.

CL82

Reaction Score

Meh, reasonable has nothing to do with it. UConn has virtually no leverage as you (and your Mini Me) have pointed out ad nauseum in this thread.

I believe Randy is doing what he thinks is right for the program. He's always been immune to outside pressure, as a good coach should be. I suspect that we are going see that tendency on steroids for the remainder of his tenure. Just a hunch.

Reaction Score

Sometimes I wish we had a Dislike button. Whaler11, won't you one of the people who was happy that DB was hired?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Sometimes I wish we had a Dislike button. Whaler11, won't you one of the people who was happy that DB was hired?

I don’t remember my initial reaction to his hire but he should have been dismissed years ago.

big committment saying youd go to games if you were in ct by the way. lol. half the time you post on the internet asking for the score of the game. you don’t even watch them.

Reaction Score
We could all name most of the starters if people are actually worried about such a thing. Its pretty obvious based on preseason reports. I'll call it the Uh Duh list.

OFFENSE:
Jr Beaudry QB
Jr Mensah RB
Rfr Maurisseau WR
Fr, Cam Ross WR
Sr Ardell Brown WR (also expect Drayton, Jeffreys, & Scott to get significant PT)
Jr Van Demark OT
Jr Cam DeGeorge G
Jr Leone Center
Rfr Haynes G
Sr Peart OT
TE JR Rose or Sr WIlliams depending on Rose's health

Defense:
So Kevon Jones or So Uguak DE
So Travis Jones DT
Jr Thomas DT
So Pace DE or Fr Gourdine or So DeVaughn (Pace has an injury)
Jr Fortt LB
Sr Morgan LB
So Swenson LB
So Paul CB
Jr Herring Wilson CB
Jr Coyle S
Jr Harrell S

Nicely done metsfan2323..people are overreacting to no depth chart but we all know who’s starting if you follow the program..
And Edsall is not the first to not put out a depth chart and use something like this.. others have done it..
And maybe he’s not wanting to let the opposing team know who’s starting.. they can’t study everyone we might play..a little confusion on their part might give us an advantage..
also if no one on the team knows when they might be put in to play they will be on their toes and practice harder to hope they make that participation squad.

I think Edsall is thinking ahead and maybe trying something totally different this year is a good thing.
You might think he’s crazy and not like it.. I think he’s on to something... and if you don’t think he knows who’s playing most of the snaps in games I’ve got a bridge to sell you.. Now let’s get that first win!!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
If I was in Connecticut I'd go to the games. Why was this summer your breaking point? Was it the BigEast move? I at first hated it, but I think being an inch for FB is going to be better. For baseball, I think it is worse, but the move is fine with me.

They killed the football program to back the absolute worst sport in America right now. College basketball is awful. Meaningless regular season games with rosters turning over at an 80% clip every year. Before you get to know these kids they’re gone into oblivion that is the NBA.

So yeah they’re not getting my money any longer.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
When the season ends fire everyone. Find every penny you can dig up and make the best hire you can make.

They might not win either but until they get someone(s) who can recruit this ain’t gonna change.

If they are afraid of the transfer portal they are already d.o.a this season. The more they preach brotherhood and family the more it sounds like they are trying to convince themselves.

The flaw in this of course is that 20 years of D1 history have shown that no one can recruit here better than Randy.

I agree it's pretty and can buy that it's a hedge against transfers, but anyone upperclassman who can't crack our two deep should get cab money to the airport if they choose to transfer.

This is a story because Randy made it one.

Summary: Everyone is hsitty here on this one. OP premise confirmed.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The only fix is better players and time... neither of which are in high supply.

At what point is Randy Edsall responsible for the worst recruiting in America? Is it year 4? Year 5? Year 18? I just want to know, honestly, how we've reached a point where there just aren't any players he can recruit. Apparently we've run out! Recruiting is cancelled forever!

Reaction Score
Just got tickets to Tulane game Oct 12th. Hope we aren't of'er FCS games by then. Every time I try to envision that things are getting better I remember I bought into both PP and Red Pants (come on, I'm not the only one). Can't believe Massey has Tulane as a 22 point favorite!

Just for fun, have attached Tulane's 2 deep. Definitely some serious upperclassmen heavy team. Just think of the buzz that UConn missed by not doing a 2 deep, UConn, if anything (besides wins), needs some buzz. You can click on players and get their bio and also on the bio you can click on "2 deeps" and get other team's 2 deep (check out what UConn shows).

• Head Coach: Willie Fritz
  • Offensive Schemes: Spread Option
  • Defensive Schemes: 4-2-5
Updated: 07/21/2019 10:47PM ET

zls44

Reaction Score
Just for fun, have attached Tulane's 2 deep. Definitely some serious upperclassmen heavy team. Just think of the buzz that UConn missed by not doing a 2 deep, UConn, if anything (besides wins), needs some buzz.

Nah, its cool, the media is banging on the door to cover this exciting UConn team, why make their desirable job easier.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Nah, its cool, the media is banging on the door to cover this exciting UConn team, why make their desirable job easier.

cant tell you who is hurt cant tell you who is gonna play cant have names on the uniforms

edsall running fbs fight club

zls44

Reaction Score
cant tell you who is hurt cant tell you who is gonna play cant have names on the uniforms

edsall running fbs fight club

FF to week 8 if they're miraculously 4-4

"I don't understand why they aren't a bigger story!"

Reaction Score
At what point is Randy Edsall responsible for the worst recruiting in America? Is it year 4? Year 5? Year 18? I just want to know, honestly, how we've reached a point where there just aren't any players he can recruit. Apparently we've run out! Recruiting is cancelled forever!

When most of his recruits have had a few years to develop and can be judged.

Reaction Score
They killed the football program to back the absolute worst sport in America right now. College basketball is awful. Meaningless regular season games with rosters turning over at an 80% clip every year. Before you get to know these kids they’re gone into oblivion that is the NBA.

So yeah they’re not getting my money any longer.
The fact you think they just killed the football program with the move is one of the most laughable things I've ever read on here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom