Why cant this program act normal | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Why cant this program act normal

Reaction Score
Point taken

But not guilt tripping anyone to go to games.

The counter to that is shaming people for their optimism over a new team each year- which happens a lot on this board too- to be fair

Oh please just put a sock in it already. People have attacked me for years on this board. Pointing out that they have been 0 for the Boneyard for nearly a decade is not “shaming people for their optimism.”

Reaction Score
I don’t remember my initial reaction to his hire but he should have been dismissed years ago.

big committment saying youd go to games if you were in ct by the way. lol. half the time you post on the internet asking for the score of the game. you don’t even watch them.

True, I don't watch it because sometimes it isn't on TV here. Also, I like being out enjoying the fall weather in my boat. Since UConn will be on iHeartRadio if I'm not mistaking, I'll be listening to the games on my boat...

Until I moved I was a season ticket holder for the football team and went thirds in on the basketball tickets. I loved UConn hockey and went to games even in the open air rink...

Reaction Score
When the game starts you just want to see players getting the job done on the field

We’ll agree to disagree here
We've been agreeing to disagree for awhile. I'm not arguing people won't show up because of the lack of a 2 deep. I thought we moved beyond just talking about the participation report and how it was merely a symptom of a larger problem.

Reaction Score
The counter to that is shaming people for their optimism over a new team each year- which happens a lot on this board too- to be fair
that's fair.

We all take the 12-0 predictions with a grain of salt, but there are still a good number of posters who seem to want to ignore all the signs of a dumpster fire. Even the performance on the field.

Reaction Score
Oh please just put a sock in it already. People have attacked me for years on this board. Pointing out that they have been 0 for the Boneyard for nearly a decade is not “shaming people for their optimism.”
Sorry. Can’t put a sock in it

But I am looking forward to this season and beyond. Can’t wait for them to get back to the good ole days

I fall in love with the process bud. Can’t help it. Doesn’t matter if it takes a few days or decades. Just seeing an entity dwelling in the basement with hopes of elevating themselves- then watching the attempt- that’s attractive to me- that’s life at its finest- even with the blunders along the way.
In sport it’s so difficult because it involves so many individuals to get on the same page and put it together.

Hope they accomplish the goal. Gotta love sports man!

Reaction Score
We've been agreeing to disagree for awhile. I'm not arguing people won't show up because of the lack of a 2 deep. I thought we moved beyond just talking about the participation report and how it was merely a symptom of a larger problem.
You are correct. There are lots of things that need to be improved upon. I guess I just see some quality hires of late and a good crop of freshman- and now I’m curious to see how the returning players do after being weight trained by someone that gets it. That’s all.

But I do sense it moving it the right direction.

Reaction Score
we heard you cry about the fans the first 82 times. maybe run a legitimate program and they will come back

Whaler11, just curious, were you a Whalers fan? Did the fans come back after the Whalers version of the Babe Ruth trade? No, and now our team is in Carolina. We have to support the team. I would be supporting the team if I lived there. I do...buying UConn gear...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Whaler11, just curious, were you a Whalers fan? Did the fans come back after the Whalers version of the Babe Ruth trade? No, and now our team is in Carolina. We have to support the team. I would be supporting the team if I lived there. I do...buying UConn gear...

lots of people here talk big about going. i actually go. its a lot easier to say youd go than actually go.

im glad you buy tshirts thats awesome

and i stuck with the whalers until the bitter end thats part of how i know inept when i see it

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Georgia Tech and now Houston just announced its not putting out a depth chart either..
Shocking! So small time! The media won't stand for it!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The power of the Boneyard is truly immense
In it's ability to influence people to do things the opposite of the way it says they should be done?

Reaction Score
In it's ability to influence people to do things the opposite of the way it says they should be done?

Watch for my upcoming book;

“How to Lose Friends and Annoy People Till they Finally Bow Before You: the story of The Boneyard dot com”

Reaction Score
So let’s see...Oklahoma, Houston, Georgia Tech are all coached by morons. Got it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
lol im sure the third kid who ate a tide pod thought it was genius too.

Reaction Score
lol im sure the third kid who ate a tide pod thought it was genius too.
It was a 4 pack special...

>>The Scarlet Knights will not allow local reporters to interview players and the Scarlet Knights will allow limited practice viewing in an effort to keep the identity of the team’s starting quarterback concealed before Friday’s season opener against UMass at SHI Stadium in Piscataway.

Ash said Monday he has decided on the starter, but he will not reveal it for competitive reasons. And he appears serious about keeping the Minutemen, as well as Rutgers fans and the reporters, in the dark<<

C

Chief00

Despite Chief's best attempts to mock the "casual" fan. I don't think anyone who is a casual fan of a team takes the time to go to that team's message board, create an account, and follow up on news etc.
When did Chief attempt to mock the casual fan? In multiple posts Chief has always talked lovingly about the casual fan and expressed how much UConn needs them. Where is this Chief’s mocking the casual fan narrative coming from?

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I like that when even the Edsall truthers saw today’s mess they finally shut their pieholes.
Some of us are just fatigued.... and patiently waiting for Thursday night.

Reaction Score
When did Chief attempt to mock the casual fan? In multiple posts Chief has always talked lovingly about the casual fan and expressed how much UConn needs them. Where is this Chief’s mocking the casual fan narrative coming from?
Self-awareness is not your strong suit.

Reaction Score
I'm an Edsall supporter but I agree with OP. While it generally doesn't matter, as a fan I like to have the two-deeps so I can start learning all of the key players. It also reminds me of a Diaco move.

Reaction Score
It was a 4 pack special...

>>The Scarlet Knights will not allow local reporters to interview players and the Scarlet Knights will allow limited practice viewing in an effort to keep the identity of the team’s starting quarterback concealed before Friday’s season opener against UMass at SHI Stadium in Piscataway.

Ash said Monday he has decided on the starter, but he will not reveal it for competitive reasons. And he appears serious about keeping the Minutemen, as well as Rutgers fans and the reporters, in the dark<<

Oof I know we suck and all but imagine being in the B1G and feeling like you need this as an advantage against UMass?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom